IGNORED

Personal best from NTTDS

Abraham Romanovich

Harmless randomness interspersed with useful info and the occasional gem. I value NTTDS’s input to be honest. Like many others have said,  the ignore function is under-utilised. I use it myself and find it very helpful to sift out posters that are offensive or deliberately argument. Two things Nev cannot be accused of. Each to their own though.

4 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Like many others have said,  the ignore function is under-utilised. I use it myself and find it very helpful to sift out posters that are offensive or deliberately argument. Two things Nev cannot be accused of. Each to their own though.

Just a quick post before you put me on ignore ?, the word is argumentative.

Sorry, I couldn't resist ?.

• Haha 1

NTTDS is a top City fan, and if we resticted his (or anyone's) posts because they "posted too often", then it would hasten the death of the forum.

"NTTDS's got diff'rent posts, It takes diff'rent posts, It takes diff'rent posts to make otib, Yes it does, It takes diff'rent posts to make otiib"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

NTTDS is a top City fan, and if we resticted his (or anyone's) posts because they "posted too often", then it would hasten the death of the forum.

"NTTDS's got diff'rent posts, It takes diff'rent posts, It takes diff'rent posts to make otib, Yes it does, It takes diff'rent posts to make otiib"

???

3 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

At the last count 10 new topics appear on the first page on the forum.

In view of the fact he never engages in debate or posts likes etc on other peoples comments; what is the general consensus for restricting new topics per day or perhaps creating a new sub forum.

I have nothing against NTTDS but his monopoly of new posts is a tad tiresome. 

John is the nicest man in the world. Leave him alone.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Wotch'ya talkin' 'bout, Sleepy?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

OK, I’ve got used to him being John aka NTTDS - where did Nev and Ted come from? Is he a consortium? I think we should be told.

He is a man of mystery. Many things to many people. All seeing,all knowing. A free spirit who answers to no man,and is only contained by his own destiny and the GWR timetable.Where he comes from,and where he returns to are all unknown. His destinations are unsure,however they are destined to begin or end at Parson Street Station!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Don't worry folks, the initiator of the thread, about NTTDS, is known by me and he's lost in summer without any horrible defeats to moan about. @Abraham Romanovich

Deep down he's a nice guy but a tadge wierd on occasions.

I actually like NTTDS threads because I play "Find the grammar or spelling errors" a well known way to have a laugh and occasionally extract the Micheal!

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Deep down he's a nice guy but a tadge wierd on occasions.

I actually like NTTDS threads because I play "Find the grammar or spelling errors" a well known way to have a laugh and occasionally extract the Micheal!

Weird.

Michael. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Leveller said:

OK, I’ve got used to him being John aka NTTDS - where did Nev and Ted come from? Is he a consortium? I think we should be told.

Ted comes from his former forum name, Ted Pitman, a play on Jed Pitman the erstwhile local sports presenter.

Nev, I can only assume, is just an abbreviation of his current first name.

Never.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

At the last count 10 new topics appear on the first page on the forum.

In view of the fact he never engages in debate or posts likes etc on other peoples comments; what is the general consensus for restricting new topics per day or perhaps creating a new sub forum.

I have nothing against NTTDS but his monopoly of new posts is a tad tiresome. 

Just put him on ignore………..:dunno:

Thank goodness for people like NTTDS.

I would endorse what others have said. I've dropped into other clubs' forums ( or is the plural fora?). Some have tumbleweed running over the pages, while others are pretty scary places and if you think some or our posters are confrontational and abusive then it's nothing like some forums - I remember Palace's where posts seemed to comprise words of only one syllable or that ended in "ing"!

By comparison, this forum is about the best I've seen and I'm sure one of the main reasons is the wide range of posters. Imagine if everyone on the forum was the same - especially if they were all like some of the moaning whingers. What makes this forum what it is  is the wide variety of posters, with different age groups represented ( so different experiences following the club) some who bring a bit of humour to the forum to compensate for others who appear to have had humour bypasses. 

No one has to like every poster, so just skip over posts from those who irritate or whose content is of no interest. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

He is a man of mystery. Many things to many people. All seeing,all knowing. A free spirit who answers to no man,and is only contained by his own destiny and the GWR timetable.Where he comes from,and where he returns to are all unknown. His destinations are unsure,however they are destined to begin or end at Parson Street Station!

via Newcastle whilst missing the actual game, isn't it?

• Haha 1