IGNORED

Personal best from NTTDS

Abraham Romanovich

• Admin
6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If people want to ignore or engage with a thread that is up to them, some of Nevs threads are things I engage with, some aren't (mostly the more random ones), but all forums survive on user generated content, and the reason this forum is one of best and busiest is because a lot of posters use it and contribute.

We also have the MODS who do a good job of sifting through the nonsense.

I wouldn't want to see that change, especially as I do post quite a lot of nonsense myself.

Just my view, mind.

Can only echo what others have written John is one of the nicest people you can meet supporting City

Ironically got to know him better through commuting to work on the train

There are a long list of many others who post utter shite on this forum that would be higher up the list than John

As for what we see when modding etc, if only you could all see some of the stuff we get off the pages

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Personally, and I speak for EVERYONE on the forum ?, I'd like to see @bristolcitysweden bought back if possible 

Never going to happen, he was given multiple warnings and bans over the years, and given multiple opportunities (unlike ANY other poster on OTIB) to be allowed back on here under the pretence he towed the line

We all know Tommy has a unique style of posting but "we" can't keep allowing someone to return when many others are banned and not even given a second chance

For those in touch with Tommy his style would be more suited TO THIS CITY FORUM

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Thank goodness for people like NTTDS.

I would endorse what others have said. I've dropped into other clubs' forums ( or is the plural fora?). Some have tumbleweed running over the pages, while others are pretty scary places and if you think some or our posters are confrontational and abusive then it's nothing like some forums - I remember Palace's where posts seemed to comprise words of only one syllable or that ended in "ing"!

By comparison, this forum is about the best I've seen and I'm sure one of the main reasons is the wide range of posters. Imagine if everyone on the forum was the same - especially if they were all like some of the moaning whingers. What makes this forum what it is  is the wide variety of posters, with different age groups represented ( so different experiences following the club) some who bring a bit of humour to the forum to compensate for others who appear to have had humour bypasses. 

No one has to like every poster, so just skip over posts from those who irritate or whose content is of no interest. 

Wide range of posters? As far as I can tell, OTIB is uniquely populated by sexagenarian forensic accountants who used to indulge in fist fights with Millwall back in the “good old old days”.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Thank goodness for people like NTTDS.

I would endorse what others have said. I've dropped into other clubs' forums ( or is the plural fora?). Some have tumbleweed running over the pages, while others are pretty scary places and if you think some or our posters are confrontational and abusive then it's nothing like some forums - I remember Palace's where posts seemed to comprise words of only one syllable or that ended in "ing"!

By comparison, this forum is about the best I've seen and I'm sure one of the main reasons is the wide range of posters. Imagine if everyone on the forum was the same - especially if they were all like some of the moaning whingers. What makes this forum what it is  is the wide variety of posters, with different age groups represented ( so different experiences following the club) some who bring a bit of humour to the forum to compensate for others who appear to have had humour bypasses. 

No one has to like every poster, so just skip over posts from those who irritate or whose content is of no interest. 

****ing Nigels. ?

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Personally, and I speak for EVERYONE on the forum ?, I'd like to see @bristolcitysweden bought back if possible 

My moratortium on OTIB has been entirely about lack of bristolcitysweden content.

The man is a genius.

Remember when the big man flew to Newcastle just to get the next flight back again? Imagine never having that kind of content ever again? NTTDS is one of the most interesting and fun people on this forum. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1