Leeds United v Wolverhampton

Leicester City v Brentford

Newcastle United v Nottingham Forest

Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

7 August

Manchester United v Brighton

West Ham United v Manchester City

8 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Would rather be playing on a Friday night rather than Monday. Monday must be the worst day of the week to have a game scheduled for.

Monday night football used to be a massive draw for pubs. I remember Arsenal V Man U in the early naughties and the pub was absolutely heaving. 

I think the novelty factor of a Monday game has long since gone however. 

9 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Would rather be playing on a Friday night rather than Monday. Monday must be the worst day of the week to have a game scheduled for.

Totally agree luckily it something that rarely occurs for us.  I remember having mixed feelings when we were in the playoffs and realised that I would miss quite a lot of non Saturday games if we were promoted.

38 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Monday night football used to be a massive draw for pubs. I remember Arsenal V Man U in the early naughties and the pub was absolutely heaving. 

That plus they always seem to put them on weeks when there are European games, so the games don't tend to involve the bigger teams. If you look at what Sky have picked in that slot over the last few years, it seems to be a revolving cycle of Brighton, Palace, Burnley, Wolves etc.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Yeh I usually have a hang over on a Monday and a full belly from the Sunday roast. ?

Oh and wind from the Brussel Sprouts

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

Couldn't give a shit when anyone plays anyone but looks to be a lot more days where every team kicks off at 3PM

Not sure there will be that many. Expect there will be a 12.30 and a 5.30 game on the Saturdays.

43 minutes ago, Midred said:

How many super Sundays are there when "coincidentaly" there are derbys involving the "big" teams? ?

Purely coincidentally, the Manchester and North London derbies are on the same week, though the way the pick system works means that Sky will likely only show one, with BT getting the other.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Purely coincidentally, the Manchester and North London derbies are on the same week, though the way the pick system works means that Sky will likely only show one, with BT getting the other.

Will sags v FGR be one of the others?

• Haha 1

I remember the first weekend of the Prem. The managers of the two teams playing on the Monday night both said it didn't feel right. "The others are playing and we're sitting around".

Everton v Chelsea and Fulham v Liverpool is pleasing to me.  The fixtures used to be arranged so that if Arsenal were home to a Manchester team, Spurs would be away to the other and other pairings would be made.

On 16/06/2022 at 09:44, Barrs Court Red said:

That and the fact it feels like there’s a game most nights of the week, every week now