IGNORED

No Pyro No City

CyderInACan

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Yet at the Liam Gallagher gigs recently, one of which was inside the Etihad, there were countless smoke flares/pyros going off throughout and there was no issue at all with this.  

Why are pyros not allowed in a football ground when football is on but they are allowed in a football ground for a concert?  Surely H&S is the same regardless of event?

Why are people allowed to freely dance in the stands down Ashton Gate at a gig in the dark without the lights on, yet football fans are not even allowed to stand up when it is light, and it's not even allowed in the back row whilst not obscuring anyones view.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If this article is about the same person, then it is probably for the best that he is allowed nowhere near Ashton Gate.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/62045/Gang-gets-11-years-for-savage-attack-on-dad

Give it another few years and they'll be inside for a long time, scum like that just don't change and live outside of normal society.

3 minutes ago, Midred said:

How about the elastic on your catapult?

Takes me back ?

Always had a catapult tucked into me snake belt as a kid, as well as a spud gun that would also take caps.

No pyros though - a few bangers around fireworks night maybe if we could get someone to buy 'em..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Super said:

It affects some people's breathing and is dangerous that's why they are banned. 

Are they banned at other mass gatherings then i.e concerts held at football stadiums or festivals like Glastonbury?

Just an innocent question as they seem to be rife at these sorts of events. Are festival/concert goers lungs more immune to them i wonder?!

8 minutes ago, bris red said:

Are they banned at other mass gatherings then i.e concerts held at football stadiums or festivals like Glastonbury?

Just an innocent question as they seem to be rife at these sorts of events. Are festival/concert goers lungs more immune to them i wonder?!

Do they intentionally chuck them so that they can land on someone - like the ********* at AG ?

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

Fair point. Whether it's AG or Glasto it's still illegal to let them off.

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Ok, that’s fine, but if that’s the reason then why are they seemingly allowed at concerts but not football?  

Because its a different event, why are you allowed on the pitch at a concert?

It's like comparing a apple to the moon......ie you can't 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

It’s not, the point I was replying to was that they pyros are so say banned at football because they impact peoples breathing, people also breath at concerts, therefore why are they not banned at concerts.  Keep up

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It’s not, the point I was replying to was that they pyros are so say banned at football because they impact peoples breathing, people also breath at concerts, therefore why are they not banned at concerts.  Keep up

But it is the point though, you are applying the same rule to 2 different circumstances,

Football fans especially recently have proven they can't be trusted, sadly these bans are the result of this

• Confused 1

Some Googling suggests that pyro are legal to buy and own if over 18, however cannot be let off in public places unless you have some form of permission.

I went to a wedding last week and they set loads of them off for the photo shoot, no police turned up to arrest anyone, so assume they asked the hotel and they were fine with it.

I guess in theory if fans got the clubs permission to set off pyros, and the club gave permission, then it would be perfectly legal and above board.  The club on certain games have those flame throwers going off which arnt much different to pyros.

I wonder if at concerts they have caveats in the T&Cs that allow pyros?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

But it is the point though, you are applying the same rule to 2 different circumstances,

Football fans especially recently have proven they can't be trusted, sadly these bans are the result of this

I’m not, this isn’t complicated!  If the banning reason is breathing then pyro should be banned from all events.  If the banning reason is football fans being tossers literally then that means breathing isn’t the reason

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

Fair point. Whether it's AG or Glasto it's still illegal to let them off.

I can tell you this, nobody bats an eyelid at Glastonbury!

It’s weird that football and fans always have been seen different to the rest. I can only think the reason for it is because of past violence decades ago…

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Rubbish, it's still a people based event. If it is disallowed because of danger and breathing difficulties at football it is no different to a festival/concert.

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I can tell you this, nobody bats an eyelid at Glastonbury!

It’s weird that football and fans always have been seen different to the rest. I can only think the reason for it is because of past violence decades ago…

Or recent violence like attacking players

Sadly the minority of morons have set back the changing stigma in football to the 80's simply because they have been idiotic and selfish pricks

27 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Some Googling suggests that pyro are legal to buy and own if over 18, however cannot be let off in public places unless you have some form of permission.

I went to a wedding last week and they set loads of them off for the photo shoot, no police turned up to arrest anyone, so assume they asked the hotel and they were fine with it.

I guess in theory if fans got the clubs permission to set off pyros, and the club gave permission, then it would be perfectly legal and above board.  The club on certain games have those flame throwers going off which arnt much different to pyros.

The club can't give permission for something that is illegal. This is covered under the "Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985" and possibly under "Football (Offences) Act 1991".

Ed: Possibly the main point to all this is that the relevant legislation concerns sporting events and football, not pop concerts or other events.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

How can they when it's ILLEGAL? Why are people not getting this?!

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Rubbish, it's still a people based event. If it is disallowed because of danger and breathing difficulties at football it is no different to a festival/concert.

Very different to a festival. At a festival you can easily move out of the way. At football you're stuck where you are

• Flames 1

Just to stop the repeated same questions And FWIW , If used responsibly (therein lies the problem) I like pyros and the atmosphere they bring 

There are at least two pieces of legislation that make possession at a SPORTING VENUE illegal

(1) Being in possession of a pyrotechnic device at a football match, or attempting to bring a pyrotechnic device into a football stadium, is a criminal offence under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985.

(2) Sec 72a Public Order Act 1986

Edited by Sheltons Army

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Now yer talking..........used to love the smell of my Lone Star Range Rider rifle (one for us geriatrics, there)

We were proper old school,two bolts,one nut and a couple of caps in the middle,throw on to floor and bang.

8 hours ago, bris red said:

The point being i highly doubt that there is an ongoing manhunt by the plod to catch the individuals that let them off at concerts..

I may be wrong on that and if anyone has any examples of people being prosecuted for letting off pyro’s at concerts then i stand to be corrected but i get a feeling that once again its football fans being demonised by the authorities.

Glastonbury next week will be another mass event where you will see countless pyros being used.

My own personal view is Pyro’s always add an extra bit to the atmosphere - you only have to look at every country in continental Europe to see that. As previously said though this is just yet another stick to beat us football fans with IMO and has very little to do with H&S.

Flares are banned at Glastonbury, although I'm unsure if that includes smoke devices, but your point still stands as to whether any revellers caught using them would be charged.

There are plenty of other things banned at Glastonbury too.... apparently!

3 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

We were proper old school,two bolts,one nut and a couple of caps in the middle,throw on to floor and bang.

Oh, you poor deprived child.............WE used to have blue and red plastic rockets with a plunger in the nose,insert a cap, chuck it in the air.....BLAM ! Some had small metal rockets , cut in half, held together with elastic bands (same principle as your nuts and bolts), tell the kids of today, they won't believe you !       Marvelous times, I can assure you . ?