IGNORED

No Pyro No City

CyderInACan

6 hours ago, bris red said:

Are they banned at other mass gatherings then i.e concerts held at football stadiums or festivals like Glastonbury?

Just an innocent question as they seem to be rife at these sorts of events. Are festival/concert goers lungs more immune to them i wonder?!

Pyro and smoke bombs are neither legal nor considered acceptable at concerts any more than than they are at football, except by the selfish few, of course.

Liam Gallagher, after this horrific incident at one of his shows: "it’s not cool people need to chill the **** out with the flares"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50490458

59 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh, you poor deprived child.............WE used to have blue and red plastic rockets with a plunger in the nose,insert a cap, chuck it in the air.....BLAM ! Some had small metal rockets , cut in half, held together with elastic bands (same principle as your nuts and bolts), tell the kids of today, they won't believe you !       Marvelous times, I can assure you . ?

I was more of a spud gun gangsta!

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh, you poor deprived child.............WE used to have blue and red plastic rockets with a plunger in the nose,insert a cap, chuck it in the air.....BLAM ! Some had small metal rockets , cut in half, held together with elastic bands (same principle as your nuts and bolts), tell the kids of today, they won't believe you !       Marvelous times, I can assure you . ?

We used to get the glass valves from out of old tellys. Chuck em up in the air and when they hit the ground they made a proper boom!

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

We used to get the glass valves from out of old tellys. Chuck em up in the air and when they hit the ground they made a proper boom!

I remember many years ago when one bright spark (no pun intended) in our group thought it would be a good idea to stuff a few empty aerosol cans in the neighbourhood bonfire. 

They certainly made a boom, the FB were called and the site was evacuated, much to the dismay and anger of close living families, who had to pack up their party tables and return home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

We used to put aerosols on fires too.Crazy thinking about it now.When they went off they were like rockets.You never knew if you were in the line of fire.

It was a right of passage for my generation, that and blowing up a can of beans, and spending weekends camping in the woods 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Just to stop the repeated same questions And FWIW , If used responsibly (therein lies the problem) I like pyros and the atmosphere they bring 

There are at least two pieces of legislation that make possession at a SPORTING VENUE illegal

(1) Being in possession of a pyrotechnic device at a football match, or attempting to bring a pyrotechnic device into a football stadium, is a criminal offence under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985.

(2) Sec 72a Public Order Act 1986

At last some clarification!  Good work! So does the term “pyrotechnic” include the smoke canisters or is that just the flares/firework types?

24 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Blowing up a can of beans?

That’s a new one for me.

How does that work?

I don’t want to try it, I’m just curious.

About 2oz of Semtex Phil IIRC

Roll it , and place around rim..

Saves mucking about and having to pack a tin opener or Swiss Army Knife

More dramatic too , though it did leave the beans with a funny taste .......or should I say the few that remained ??

* The camping in the wooods bit , I understand , that’s where we also had to camp having being banned from all the family camping sites due to #Beansgate

Edited by Sheltons Army

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Blowing up a can of beans?

That’s a new one for me.

How does that work?

I don’t want to try it, I’m just curious.

The beans boil inside the can, which inturn puts pressure on the can which goes on for so long until pop