IGNORED

Alex Scott

bcfc01

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I don’t care what age group , the thought of cheering on a City player , playing for the Three Lions will do me ???????????

Two passions combined 

I can get behind Scott because he is a city player but I have struggled with getting behind England and England players since about 2000 which is a shame really as I feel like I should be more interested.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Pezo said:

I can get behind Scott because he is a city player but I have struggled with getting behind England and England players since about 2000 which is a shame really as I feel like I should be more interested.

You struggled to get behind the euros last summer...? 

1 hour ago, redsontour said:

I didn’t think the squad was announced until 10:00am on Friday? ITK?

Didn't realise that.

Just going on the squad lists so far.

Hope he isn't cut from the squad, he was in the 21 man squad for the qualifiers and played 3 games plus 4 friendlies.

Edited by bcfc01

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You struggled to get behind the euros last summer...? 

Well yeah, I watched all the games but at no point did I have a great feeling of enjoyment watching them, it was more of an excuse to go to the pub and see some friends. I found myself not really caring if they win or lose, when they lost the final I wasn't disappointed, just walked out of the pub and went home no anger, frustration, disappointment more a feeling like the end season of GoT that wasn't as good as the rest of the seasons - it's just a TV program and not a particularly good one (England not GoT). Compare that to my feelings for City and its night and day - city competes with my kids for love and enjoyment, there probably isn't a day in the last 30 years I haven't thought about city in some way.

I went to Wembley a few years ago to watch a game and no one seemed to openly enjoy it, there must have been 20 people in the whole stadium that were singing - most people treated it like a trip to the cinema, turned up bought there half and half scarf popcorn and a drink, watched the game in complete silence and then walked out, most didn't even cheer or even stand up when England scored. There was no passion or vibrancy to it, I thought going to a game would get me more into it but if anything in cemented my feelings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Well yeah, I watched all the games but at no point did I have a great feeling of enjoyment watching them, it was more of an excuse to go to the pub and see some friends. I found myself not really caring if they win or lose, when they lost the final I wasn't disappointed, just walked out of the pub and went home no anger, frustration, disappointment more a feeling like the end season of GoT that wasn't as good as the rest of the seasons - it's just a TV program and not a particularly good one (England not GoT). Compare that to my feelings for City and its night and day - city competes with my kids for love and enjoyment, there probably isn't a day in the last 30 years I haven't thought about city in some way.

I went to Wembley a few years ago to watch a game and no one seemed to openly enjoy it, there must have been 20 people in the whole stadium that were singing - most people treated it like a trip to the cinema, turned up bought there half and half scarf popcorn and a drink, watched the game in complete silence and then walked out, most didn't even cheer or even stand up when England scored. There was no passion or vibrancy to it, I thought going to a game would get me more into it but if anything in cemented my feelings.

I felt similar to you. The gloss wore off watching England a while ago, for myself. 
All the games were on at home as my son watched them and had his friends around but I don’t think I sat through a full 90 mins all tournament. 

• Like 1

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Matthew Cox (Brentford), Harvey Davies (Liverpool), Teddy Sharman-Lowe (Chelsea)

Defenders: Luke Chambers (Liverpool), Callum Doyle (Manchester City), Ronnie Edwards (Peterborough United), Bashir Humphreys (Chelsea), Brooke Norton-Cuffy (Arsenal), Daniel Oyegoke (Brentford), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool)

Midfielders: Carney Chukwuemeka (Aston Villa), Alfie Devine (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (Borussia Dortmund), Sam Iling-Junior (Juventus), Tim Iroegbunam (Aston Villa), Aaron Ramsey (Aston Villa), Alex Scott (Bristol City), Harvey Vale (Chelsea)

Forwards: Liam Delap (Manchester City), Daniel Jebbison (Sheffield United), Dane Scarlett (Tottenham Hotspur)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Matthew Cox (Brentford), Harvey Davies (Liverpool), Teddy Sharman-Lowe (Chelsea)

Defenders: Luke Chambers (Liverpool), Callum Doyle (Manchester City), Ronnie Edwards (Peterborough United), Bashir Humphreys (Chelsea), Brooke Norton-Cuffy (Arsenal), Daniel Oyegoke (Brentford), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool)

Midfielders: Carney Chukwuemeka (Aston Villa), Alfie Devine (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (Borussia Dortmund), Sam Iling-Junior (Juventus), Tim Iroegbunam (Aston Villa), Aaron Ramsey (Aston Villa), Alex Scott (Bristol City), Harvey Vale (Chelsea)

Forwards: Liam Delap (Manchester City), Daniel Jebbison (Sheffield United), Dane Scarlett (Tottenham Hotspur)

Ta

Only three players from outside the prem (Or Premier Foreign Clubs)

Well done Alex Scott ???⚪?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The Squad

Surprised to see a couple of Brentford youngsters in that squad. I thought they ran a reserve side instead of having a youth set-up? 

5 minutes ago, tin said:

Surprised to see a couple of Brentford youngsters in that squad. I thought they ran a reserve side instead of having a youth set-up? 

I think they pick up a lot of London based Premier League cast offs.

Although they may about to reopen an acadamy soon;

Brentford are planning to reopen their academy six years after its controversial closure.

The club shut their category two academy and withdrew from the game’s elite player performance plan in 2016, opting instead to focus their youth development on players aged between 17 and 21, as they felt that approach was a better use of their limited resources at the time.

Brentford’s change of heart is the result of their improved financial circumstances following promotion and the fact that the Premier League are considering changing their rules to make academies compulsory.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The Squad

Only three forwards??

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Brentford are planning to reopen their academy six years after its controversial closure.

The club shut their category two academy and withdrew from the game’s elite player performance plan in 2016, opting instead to focus their youth development on players aged between 17 and 21, as they felt that approach was a better use of their limited resources at the time.

Brentford’s change of heart is the result of their improved financial circumstances following promotion and the fact that the Premier League are considering changing their rules to make academies compulsory.

Being in the Premier League must make a difference. If they keep progressing, they may be ahead of QPR and Fulham, if not Chelsea, for local youngsters,

5 hours ago, Barn said:

On a side note, have hyphenated surnames become more common in society?

As someone with a hyphenated (double-barreled in my day) surname, it's a relief not to be so odd these days. My great-grandad died leaving a widow and one son. When my great-grandma remarried and he was adopted by his step dad, my grandfather took both names. People assumed that I was posh or had delusions of grandeur. I'm not and I don't. It's just a bleeding name.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

As someone with a hyphenated (double-barreled in my day) surname, it's a relief not to be so odd these days. My great-grandad died leaving a widow and one son. When my great-grandma remarried and he was adopted by his step dad, my grandfather took both names. People assumed that I was posh or had delusions of grandeur. I'm not and I don't. It's just a bleeding name.

Coleman-Balls is certainly unique.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, myol'man said:

Making all Prem teams have an Academy is fine so long as they are not allowed to overdo the numbers. A numerical limit should be introduced for each age group and or team position. And if they want to recruit yet another player, that one in the same position is released. The "The Chelsea Way" of mass recruitment is not conducive to the benefit of football in general.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pezo said:

I admit that I felt much talhat way after the previous euros (Iceland debacle) but the last world Cup & last years euros got me more into the national team again. 

I'm feircly patriotic, so I hate it when I don't feel they are worthy of my support. 

I don't give a toss about the friendlies or this nations league nonsense - but the proper tournaments do still get me up for it. 

• Like 2