IGNORED

Alex Scott

bcfc01

1 minute ago, Super said:

That Spanish team weren't just technically superb they worked hard. Maybe that's where the likes of Foden and Grealish need to improve.

Not sure they had to work hard because they always had the ball whether that was for Spain or Barca’, it was the opposition team that were working hard chasing shadows for 90 minutes, it’s drifting from my point though, England managers at every level  have always been over cautious with the possible exception of Venebles

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Kyle Walker was always one of those.  It took him till he signed for Man City to be proactive.  I don't think this lad is going to be anywhere near the level of Walker though.  He makes runs with the ball into areas where there isn't any support, gets isolated and loses possession. 

He is struggling today poor lad.  Trouble is it puts the coach in the position of 'Do I hook him and risk ruining his confidence?'  but if you don't you are prioritising your perception of one individual's needs over the others.  

I can remember Walker when on loan at QPR many years ago causing havoc down the right hand side, can’t remember who our left back was, probably still having nightmares 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, harrys said:

Not sure they had to work hard because they always had the ball whether that was for Spain or Barca’, it was the opposition team that were working hard chasing shadows for 90 minutes, it’s drifting from my point though, England managers at every level  have always been over cautious with the possible exception of Venebles

It's a total misnomer comparing Grealish or even Foden with Xavi.  Xavi was a central midfielder. Foden and Grealish are attacking midfielders.  What we do is favour 'beasts' over more diminutive, technical midfielders, like today with the 2 big lumps in CM rather than Scott.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It's a total misnomer comparing Grealish or even Foden with Xavi.  Xavi was a central midfielder. Foden and Grealish are attacking midfielders.  What we do is favour 'beasts' over more diminutive, technical midfielders, like today with the 2 big lumps in CM rather than Scott.

I hope we're not going to go back to the English tradition of telling youngsters they're too small to succeed. In those days an English Messi or Iniesta wouldn't have got a look in.