IGNORED

Alex Scott

bcfc01

• Admin
19 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I didn't mean it as a criticism just a statement of fact. He's the type of player that will be the most fouled but also receive the most bookings. 

He was our most cautioned player last season 

The BBC report states.............."The future looks bright with the likes of Devine,, Chukwuemeka and Vale"  No mention of the player who turned the game round, which suits me fine.  But I am certain, although the BBC reporter failed to mention him.......that you can be sure a whole heap of Prem managers didn't fail to miss the influence Alex had on the game?   BBC missed it.....but the people that matter did NOT, in other words?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What would be his best position then- CM 3 with James and Williams do we think..,or in front of them but behind the front 3?

He's clearly not an RWB although he filled in when we had no real alternatives and did okay at times.

Watching the game earlier, he'd be better at RWB than the 2 who've played there so far.  Not got their physicality or speed but miles better on the ball and would link up well with Devine who is a very good player. We constantly gave the ball away on the right today.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

None for diving then, despite the reputation that some seem desperate to label him with.

He is great at winning cheap free kicks. Nothing wrong with that but he does go down very easily. Grealish also very good.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

None for diving then, despite the reputation that some seem desperate to label him with.

He gets fouled a lot , often too skilful , and on the half turn , for anyone challenging, and he knows when to go down from those contacts. (it’s actually mature player wise)

I don’t see him as a diver

Im not say he never does or has , but certainly during these Championships he hasn’t 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just had a quick look- 11- eleven- in the League.

Sorry- twelve, checked again! 11 were for fouls, one was for arguing from a slightly longer search.

…but clever enough to not get suspended.  I genuinely am not fussed about yellow cards for players like Scott and Williams…it’s part of their game, they play on the edge, the right side of the edge, and that’s what makes them stand out.

I don’t even mind Williams getting suspended for totting up yellows, because it will probably mean he’s on the pitch a lot!

32 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Watching the game earlier, he'd be better at RWB than the 2 who've played there so far.  Not got their physicality or speed but miles better on the ball and would link up well with Devine who is a very good player. We constantly gave the ball away on the right today.

I’ve been quite impressed with Oyegoke the two games I’ve watched him.  A lot of hype around Norton-Cuffy, but Oyegoke is the better team player imho.

• Like 4

The thing I liked to see was how he was getting on with the other players well with funny handshakes and hugs. I always imagine that the England youth teams have an element of if you aint at a top club academy who are you. Especially as Scott is probably at the least fashionable club there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grifty said:

The thing I liked to see was how he was getting on with the other players well with funny handshakes and hugs. I always imagine that the England youth teams have an element of if you aint at a top club academy who are you. Especially as Scott is probably at the least fashionable club there.

I think Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough has that title safely in his pocket!

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Israel 1 up v France at HT in the other semi.

2 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Blimey that's a surprise 

What, that Israel is in Europe? :)

Has Scott had any down time since the end of our season, or did he join straight up with the u19's? If so, who put him through a pre-season, us or England?

The guy looked spent mentally in the last third of the season, so hope he had a decent rest.

Apologies, but can't be bothered to go through the whole thread to find the answer.