IGNORED

Alex Scott

bcfc01

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Typical gutless decision by an England manager, brave in the selection, gutless in the substitution 

I thought he could of brought off Devine instead of Scott & pushed him up the pitch . So much hype around that Alfie Devine & I honestly can’t see why (yet) have to remember they’re young lads that are developing . 

I reckon that SL has bribed the camera operators to feature Alex every time there is no action. Happened throughout the tournament. Also constant reference to ‘Bristol City’s Alex Scott’ so suitors know where to come knocking.

Bravo SL, nothing less than £25 mill though. 

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Certain players seem to be highly favoured but with little to justify it.  Scarlett and Vale specifically. 

Scarlett has been exceptionally poor in this game. Jephson would have been a much better substitution later into the second half.

If it goes to pens, Scarlett looks like one to miss.

22 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Well done Alex, decent tournament.

Excellent passing, decent tackling, nice goal.

Learning points; less diving in making tackles, less diving when tackled.

Overall 8.5 and one of the better England players. 

I love the stop, and stick your arse out to get the free kick move.

Watched that all through last season, and now on the International stage.

I guarantee he will be in the top 3 most fouled players in the tournament stats on that basis.

• Like 2

Alex Scott benefits from being a regular player in the second tier with PL interest in him. He’s played more first team games than all the Elite academy players combined (right?). 

He can go into this game knowing that he is just demonstrating his ability to already interested suitors who would be quite confident he can step up. 

All the others at Man City / Chelsea etc approach these games as something they can use to just get another 3-4 year contract on ridiculous wages whilst they never get a proper move and continue the lower league / European second tier loan merry go round. 

• Like 6