IGNORED

Alex Scott

bcfc01

Just now, redsapper said:

Mens 1st team football will make a difference! Most of the other players will be lucky to make their clubs U23’s.  

Exactly.

He should be one of the first names on the team sheet after 36 games in the Championship.

And if he isn't from here, then we know why - not with a premier league team (albeit nowhere near a first team premier league game).

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Exactly.

He should be one of the first names on the team sheet after 36 games in the Championship.

And if he isn't from here, then we know why - not with a premier league team (albeit nowhere near a first team premier league game).

Not at all, he should be in the first 11 on merit, as we don't see them training or see the other players playing then we can't expect or demand he start, and to say its because the others are in the prem is rubbish

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Not at all, he should be in the first 11 on merit, as we don't see them training or see the other players playing then we can't expect or demand he start, and to say its because the others are in the prem is rubbish

Nope.

Even those at the top of the game are blinded - "he is with Chelsea, he must be better than the lad from Bristol City".

To think anything else is just very naive (or rubbish in your words).

Those kids have nothing on Scott, most (not all) play u23 football, they are nowhere near his experience or physical attributes.

To think anything else....been there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Nope.

Even those at the top of the game are blinded - "he is with Chelsea, he must be better than the lad from Bristol City".

To think anything else is just very naive (or rubbish in your words).

Those kids have nothing on Scott, most (not all) play u23 football, they are nowhere near his experience or physical attributes.

To think anything else....been there.

If that was the case he ,mor the lad from posh wouldn’t be in the squad

42 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Totally agree - he looked a class act and appeared totally relaxed and in control - looked to have more time than anyone

Good all round game including a couple of ball winning sliding challenges (Careful with foreign refs tho Alex) . 

His ability to play 360  is very impressive and watching his every move off the ball , Reading when to support , when to hold, reacting early when he sensed we were about to lose possession.

Very , very good

I don’t think I’m over hyping him , but could I see him at Man City in future ,

yes I could 

I think Tottenham under Conte. Hopefully not until next season or a loan back to us this season.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Most composed player out there for England. Everyone else looks rushed. 

Demonstrably the most at ease player on the pitch. Clearly one of the squad's leaders.  Just goes to show that it's better to play men's football than faff about in age group football. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

If you can't see that there is an understanding between the big EPL clubs and the England set up you're living in La La Land.  

If Steve Holland coached you, you have about a 50% chance of getting picked for England. 

If the under 19 side was picked on merit Scott would be captain. Instead the coach is expected to ensure the interests of certain clubs are met..

Edited by The Bard
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Thats the point - just two of them.

Jebbison at Sheffield Utd, in the squad too…makes 3 EFLs.  He’s a handful too…watch out for him as he grows into his physique over the next 12-18 months.  Did ok at Burton last season.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Bard said:

If you can't see that there is an understanding between the big EPL clubs and the England set up you're living in La La Land.  

If Steve Holland coached you, you have about a 50% chance of getting picked for England. 

If the under 19 side was picked on merit Scott would be captain. Instead the coach is expected to ensure the interests of certain clubs are met..

So why 3 players out side the prem included in the side then?

It's big team heavy because they generally have the best talent due to hoovering up said talent at a early age

Edited by Monkeh

8 hours ago, The Bard said:

Why? Because he has experience of mens football? Should definitely be in the side but he’s not got some divine right to be there just because he’s playing first team football.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I suppose the next issue may well be when next years U20 World Cup is scheduled for. I’m sure when England won it a few years ago it was right bang in the middle of the season. 

Looks like it would start sometime between mid May and mid June based on the past 5 tournaments and feels like it might be quite likely to match the dates for Indonesia's scheduled hosting from 2021.

2013: 21 June – 13 July (Turkey)
2015: 30 May – 20 June (New Zealand)
2017: 20 May – 11 June (South Korea) - won by England
2019: 23 May – 15 June (Poland)
2021: 20 May – 12 June (Indonesia) - cancelled due to Covid
2023: dates unannounced (Indonesia)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I suppose the next issue may well be when next years U20 World Cup is scheduled for. I’m sure when England won it a few years ago it was right bang in the middle of the season. 

I would be amazed if he was still our player then.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Looks like it would start sometime between mid May and mid June based on the past 5 tournaments and feels like it might be quite likely to match the dates for Indonesia's scheduled hosting from 2021.

2013: 21 June – 13 July (Turkey)
2015: 30 May – 20 June (New Zealand)
2017: 20 May – 11 June (South Korea) - won by England
2019: 23 May – 15 June (Poland)
2021: 20 May – 12 June (Indonesia) - cancelled due to Covid
2023: dates unannounced (Indonesia)

Thanks! I must have been thinking of another youth tournament. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

1-0 up Chukwumeika from close range just before h-t. the goal scorer has been a bit sloppy at times. 

He was sloppy first half, but for both the goals he showed some real quality. 

Scott must've played 3 positions in the time he was on, right & left in what looked like a 4-2-3-1 

Then was a lot deeper after a couple of other subs but was way more influential then as well.