IGNORED

Alex Scott

bcfc01

13 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

I reckon he'll stick around for this season, but anyone's guess after that. Very intrigued to see how Pearson deploys him, and how often.

You play your best players. The 3 week rest in Nov/Dec will help everyone. Would expect Scott to play every league game if fit.

• Like 2

Playing with holding midfielders which are definitely more physical on the eye. I thought Scott looked great when he dropped back in the last two games but who knows could be a precaution.

Villa have at leaat three players there both holding midfielders and Ramsay too!

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

Quelle surprise.  I hope we see him later on.    The team is powerful but probably lacking the poise Scott brings.  If the Italians have a bit of a cutting edge I think we could struggle. It did seem like we had a fairly easy group tbh and you'd expect the Italians to be a much more difficult proposition.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

England clearly second best so far.

Norton-Cuffy a liability.

Me and Harry are big watchers for who makes proactive recovery runs, or those who think they can rely on pace to get them out of trouble.  Norton-Cuffy is one that relies on his pace.  But he’s young, he’s got time to learn his profession.

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Of course.  

We do tend to favour 'beasts' over more technical players though. 

Always been the way for as long as I can remember, going back to the 70’s we had the likes of Bowles, Marsh, McKenzie, Hudson, Currie who barely won a cap between them, we’re seeing it now where the likes of Rice, Philipps, Henderson are on the team sheet before Grealish & Foden, it wouldn’t happen in other countries, if an English manager would of been in charge of that great Spanish team of 10-15 years ago Iniesta and Xavi would of been on the been on the bench

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harrys said:

Always been the way for as long as I can remember, going back to the 70’s we had the likes of Bowles, Marsh, McKenzie, Hudson, Currie who barely won a cap between them, we’re seeing it now where the likes of Rice, Philipps, Henderson are on the team sheet before Grealish & Foden, it wouldn’t happen in other countries, if an English manager would of been in charge of that great Spanish team of 10-15 years ago Iniesta and Xavi would of been on the been on the bench

That Spanish team weren't just technically superb they worked hard. Maybe that's where the likes of Foden and Grealish need to improve.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Me and Harry are big watchers for who makes proactive recovery runs, or those who think they can rely on pace to get them out of trouble.  Norton-Cuffy is one that relies on his pace.  But he’s young, he’s got time to learn his profession.

Kyle Walker was always one of those.  It took him till he signed for Man City to be proactive.  I don't think this lad is going to be anywhere near the level of Walker though.  He makes runs with the ball into areas where there isn't any support, gets isolated and loses possession. 

He is struggling today poor lad.  Trouble is it puts the coach in the position of 'Do I hook him and risk ruining his confidence?'  but if you don't you are prioritising your perception of one individual's needs over the others.  

• Like 1