IGNORED

XLedger South Stand

myol'man

40 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

You're right - there's been some signage in the stand for Xledger for some time but I can't say I've ever heard it said or remember seeing it in club articles etc.

I think it's similar in the Dolman which was sponsored by a waste management company a while back (I don't know if they are still sponsors)

https://www.recyclingbristol.com/etm-to-sponsor-the-dolman-stand-at-ashton-gate-stadium/

Naming rights for stands would upset and confuse, so kudos for City for not taking that route.

10 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I think it's similar in the Dolman which was sponsored by a waste management company a while back (I don't know if they are still sponsors)

https://www.recyclingbristol.com/etm-to-sponsor-the-dolman-stand-at-ashton-gate-stadium/

Naming rights for stands would upset and confuse, so kudos for City for not taking that route.

It's still the carling atyeo stand to me, and the evening post Dolman stand, 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I remain surprised that there's no advertising, logo or words of wisdom etc on the upper fascia of the Dolman. 

Always thought that fascia is in need of something.. Even ‘Ashton gate stadium’ would surely look better than the bleak grey cladding that it currently is!

• Flames 1

37 minutes ago, bris red said:

Always thought that fascia is in need of something.. Even ‘Ashton gate stadium’ would surely look better than the bleak grey cladding that it currently is!

Something we ought to do is have some signage on the back of the Lansdown so that all the traffic coming down Rownham Hill can see it.

`Ashton Gate - the home of Bristol City and Bristol Bears` would look awesome.

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

It is interesting isn't it? A search of the "News" section of bcfc.co.uk returns no results and the only reference is as an "Elite Partner" on the "Partners" page. Usually there is a bit of a fanfare about sponsorship or was that just a Mark Ashton thing?

image.png.41afe4fecea1a44ef3f76f39e4af09d2.png

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

X Ledger sounds like some kind of dodgy accountancy firm ?

Pretty much spot on https://xledger.com/uk/

A bit of digging and I found this on the Bristol Sport website

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/xledger-extends-partnership-with-bristol-sport-for-third-year-on-the-trot/

They've been sponsoring the basketball "Top 5 Plays" for a while now (whatever that is), but their main interest seems to be the rugby.

And then looking a bit further, they have been official South Stand sponsors since January 2020

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/ashton-gate-stadium-secures-south-stand-sponsorship/

image.png.4e8c5393ffc01f29e9636f1c44c41ed6.png

Edited by CiderJar

Agree about the cladding on the top of the Dolman, surely they could do something interesting with it (watch them come up with some godawful hashtag now). 
Also it’s about time they stuck some signage on the outside of the stadium -City/Bears badges. They might be waiting for the full redevelopment to be finished but I think it’s a nice touch on a stadium 

On 17/06/2022 at 15:48, BS15_RED said:

Should be called The Terry Cooper stand…,

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Alan Dicks stand for me, but I completely get your point.

The entrance could be named after Terry Cooper and the exit named after Alan Dicks ? 

Cooper In

Dicks out

4 hours ago, Dredd said:

Agree about the cladding on the top of the Dolman, surely they could do something interesting with it (watch them come up with some godawful hashtag now). 
Also it’s about time they stuck some signage on the outside of the stadium -City/Bears badges. They might be waiting for the full redevelopment to be finished but I think it’s a nice touch on a stadium 

I don’t think they ever will, I get the impression the want/need it to be as neutral as possible of other events they hold at the stadium.

1 hour ago, Aipearcey said:

I don’t think they ever will, I get the impression the want/need it to be as neutral as possible of other events they hold at the stadium.

But why though? It’s not very neutral on the inside, and other clubs seem to be able to hold other events while adorning their stadium with badges and the like

• Like 1