IGNORED

Ewan Clark signed

Jerseybean

I am based in Oxford and watch a fair bit of Oxford City, in the National League South. 

Ewan Clark still has some way to go in his development. He's been through the Premier League academy system, and has been very good in his few first-team appearances, but not yet stand-out even in NLS. He's got some good attributes, though -- passing, tackling, energy vision; the potential to be a really decent box-to-box midfielder. He's also got a fantastic attitude. He is not yet Ayman Benarous or Alex Scott level, but is a different kind of player. 

I met Brian Tinnion at Oxford City vs Bath earlier in the season. He was watching Bath because of the Marlee Francois loan. But I think he discovered that OCFC has a really good youth system (Oxford won 5-0), and may well have been back. Meanwhile OCFC have tried to secure a couple of youth loans from BCFC (which haven't yet come off). 

On balance, I think this is well worth a punt, and I imagine he'll have a couple of loans after playing some under-23s to see how he gets on. Good luck to him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 13

4 hours ago, ProfFootball said:

I am based in Oxford and watch a fair bit of Oxford City, in the National League South. 

Ewan Clark still has some way to go in his development. He's been through the Premier League academy system, and has been very good in his few first-team appearances, but not yet stand-out even in NLS. He's got some good attributes, though -- passing, tackling, energy vision; the potential to be a really decent box-to-box midfielder. He's also got a fantastic attitude. He is not yet Ayman Benarous or Alex Scott level, but is a different kind of player. 

I met Brian Tinnion at Oxford City vs Bath earlier in the season. He was watching Bath because of the Marlee Francois loan. But I think he discovered that OCFC has a really good youth system (Oxford won 5-0), and may well have been back. Meanwhile OCFC have tried to secure a couple of youth loans from BCFC (which haven't yet come off). 

On balance, I think this is well worth a punt, and I imagine he'll have a couple of loans after playing some under-23s to see how he gets on. Good luck to him. 

Intertwined in the excellent work that Brian Tinnion is doing for City, it should also be considered that we are in a position to help the club's further down the pyramid.

That trust in each other is sure to be a benefit to both clubs and the individual young players. The honourable people in professional football never forget who and how they were treated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 22A said:

Nothing new; 30 years ago we signed a goalie on a free transfer from Chelmsford City.

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Who was that?

I know we signed Basso a few years later from Woking, but I can't think who came here from Chelmsford.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think there was anyone.

So, @22A, it would seem you may have some explaining to do - if only to put mind at rest ?.

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So, @22A, it would seem you may have some explaining to do - if only to put mind at rest ?.

Summer 1993; Osman only made four signings that summer. Liam Robinson came from Bury for £130,000 and Hearts sold Ian Baird for £295,000. Ian Brown and Dave Martin were free transfers from Chelmsford and Southend. The one departure was Terry Connor who was released.

• Robin 1

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

Summer 1993; Osman only made four signings that summer. Liam Robinson came from Bury for £130,000 and Hearts sold Ian Baird for £295,000. Ian Brown and Dave Martin were free transfers from Chelmsford and Southend. The one departure was Terry Connor who was released.

Possibly/arguably two of the worst strikers we have ever signed. Now that really was chucking money down the drain.

What is £425,000 in value today? Over £1million but that doesn't take account of how transfer fees have outstripped  that.

Edited by cidered abroad