IGNORED

Stefan Bajic - Signing confirmed

Finley_Smith10

So released by St Étienne and rebuilding his career in the French second division, a really poor standard. 
Apparently not renewing his contract with a large number of clubs in France, Belgium and the UK interested in the Serb’s progress. 
Would seem to fit the bill though this must mean we are losing a keeper , Max ? 
I thought we were quite well catered for in the Goalie department ? 

• Like 1

Further research from your French correspondent, he is very highly regarded.

He was at St Étienne whilst they were experiencing a very difficult season and was replaced by a more experienced guy on loan. 
He went to Pau ( via Tinky Winky) and got the chance of regular games as their number one got himself injured.

He has played at several levels for the French national youth sides, born in St Étienne with Serb origins.

It looks like there were two clubs serious about signing him one in the Championship ( us I guess) and a club in Belgium.

He is 1.87 tall. Is quick, dynamic and commands his area. 
Looks a good prospect.

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So released by St Étienne and rebuilding his career in the French second division, a really poor standard. 
Apparently not renewing his contract with a large number of clubs in France, Belgium and the UK interested in the Serb’s progress. 
Would seem to fit the bill though this must mean we are losing a keeper , Max ? 
I thought we were quite well catered for in the Goalie department ? 

Max needs to move on . Think he proved last season he lacks height in dominating his area. Would be good for him to go somewhere & be a no1

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

15 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

An incredibly low bar I know but can’t be any worse than our last signing from St Etienne

Why would you tempt fate like that...

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

First thought….

O’Leary is off.

Yep and nobody could blame him if that was the case, he has a career to progress.

How many games has he played in the last season? Could work permits be an issue? I don’t actually think we are in for a keeper so don’t think it’s true

looking at his wiki, he’s played one reserve game in the last year so I dont think he qualifies for a work permit therefore we couldn’t sign him

Edited by Monkeh