IGNORED

Stefan Bajic - Signing confirmed

Finley_Smith10

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Signing another French speaking player………especially a guy he knows well………you never know………:dunno:

I assume you're referring to Massengo,  Over 70 appearances 0 goals 1 assist he's not a strong tackler doesn't have a good passing range he's not quick or a goalscorer makes mistakes every game just what does he do to be rated so highly by some? Just cannot see it. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

I assume you're referring to Massengo,  Over 70 appearances 0 goals 1 assist he's not a strong tackler doesn't have a good passing range he's not quick or a goalscorer makes mistakes every game just what does he do to be rated so highly by some? Just cannot see it. 

Deux assists. Deux, mes ami. Merde!

34 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Why do you suppose that plenty of ‘bigger’ clubs here and in France are showing interest in HNM if he’s as crap as you’re suggesting?

48 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

So which one of his cross that Weimann volleyed in against Millwall or the pass that slipped in Semenyo at Preston wasn’t an assist?

Just curious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORANGE500 said:

Open your eyes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I like massengo but im not seeing a host of clubs from around the world get into a bidding war for him at this point.

To be fair - we did reject an offer from Freiburg 12 months ago.

Fact of the matter is, in this climate post COVID, barely any clubs are stumping up money period in the current market. Ourselves key among them, small tribunal fees and straight free agent signings.

It's for the same reason what offers we have received for Semenyo back in January were laughable, who is technically more of a commodity irrespective of the market being a forward player.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Signing another French speaking player………especially a guy he knows well………you never know………:dunno:

Atkinson and Klose both speak French and Weimann is ok at it apparently. He also has his father and some siblings here so it's not like the kid had been starved of his native language. Plus his English is good enough to joke around with the other lads on some of the videos.

I think it's good to hear that he helped sell the club to Bajic, but I don't think it's indicative of his own plans unfortunately.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

So which one of his cross that Weimann volleyed in against Millwall or the pass that slipped in Semenyo at Preston wasn’t an assist?

Just curious.

I think I've included his assists in my assessment of over 70 appearances in 3 seasons. If you think 1 or 2 suggests an  outstanding  performer that's up to you. 

33 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

I think I've included his assists in my assessment of over 70 appearances in 3 seasons. If you think 1 or 2 suggests an  outstanding  performer that's up to you. 

Can you include tackles headers interceptions pass completion dribbles and ball retention please

As there is alot more to a midfielder the just assists especially one who isn't classed as a creative midfielder 

• Like 2

• Admin
11 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Can I just add that with each potentially decent-looking signing we make in which the CEO is not weirdly and repulsively front of stage, the more I f*cking love Richard Gould?

I mean it's entirely possible for him to speak with the same corporate mumbo-jumbo as Ashton but if he has no interest in taking the limelight then how can we ever know to dislike him? ?

Keep it up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Can I just add that with each potentially decent-looking signing we make in which the CEO is not weirdly and repulsively front of stage, the more I f*cking love Richard Gould?

When you say "decent looking" are you referring to his pretty face or his standard of shot saving?

I always believed that to be a City goalkeeper, one had to have enormous hands, have a slightly large belly and be about 5ft 10inches in old money; Gibbo and Cashley!

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I always believed that to be a City goalkeeper, one had to have enormous hands, have a slightly large belly and be about 5ft 10inches in old money; Gibbo and Cashley!

Was the last keeper we had in the building of that ilk Frankie Fielding? - height that is, not so much belly.

• Thanks 1