IGNORED

No Pre-Season Friendlies at Ashton Gate - all being streamed and Alpine training camp

Sandhurst Red

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/pre-season-home-games-streamed-free-to-season-ticket-holders/

? PRE-SEASON HOME GAMES STREAMED FREE TO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

MONDAY, MARCH 28TH 2022

City’s pre-season home matches will be live-streamed free to 2022/23 Season Ticket holders.

The Robins have four home matches at the Robins High Performance Centre in preparation:

• Wednesday, July 6th – Cheltenham Town (2pm)
  • Tuesday, July 12th – Portsmouth (2pm)
  • Tuesday, July 19th – Forest Green Rovers (2pm) | Exeter City (4.30pm)

Due to the earlier start to the season and to give optimum preparation time for the Ashton Gate pitch, all pre-season games will be played at the Robins High Performance Centre.

City will be under-taking an Alpine training camp at the end of June, though there will be no games or open training sessions for fans to attend.

The High Performance Centre has a limited capacity and there will be no general tickets available for supporters.

More than 13,000 Season Tickets have already been purchased for the Sky Bet Championship season which kicks off on July 29th.

And to allow as many of our fans as possible the opportunity to watch the pre-season games, Robins TV will stream the Cheltenham Town and Portsmouth matches, and either the Forest Green Rovers or Exeter City game, free to 2022/23 Season Ticket holders, who will each receive a voucher code.

The games will also be available live on Robins TV to non-Season Ticket holders and away fans for £4.99 each.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

Cheeky run up Alpe d'Huez?

Serious note - is it right to read from this that as someone who pays for an annual £140.00 RobinsTV pass I would still have to pay the £4.99 for each pre-season game? I'm not necessarily complaining about that, as the £140.00 pass doesn't specifically refer to pre-season games as being included. I am 99% sure they were included last season, but it would be helpful if the club could clarify in the initial press release.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Is it the Austrian Alps then? If it was the Swiss Alps Timm would be happy, French Alps?

Darn you geographers!!!

(akthough someone did tell me he thought it was Austria a couple of weeks back)

Antoine “goat” Semenyo will be fine then!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Cheeky run up Alpe d'Huez?

Serious note - is it right to read from this that as someone who pays for an annual £140.00 RobinsTV pass I would still have to pay the £4.99 for each pre-season game? I'm not necessarily complaining about that, as the £140.00 pass doesn't specifically refer to pre-season games as being included. I am 99% sure they were included last season, but it would be helpful if the club could clarify in the initial press release.

Probably one for @JerrySLO to help with, can't imagine you will be the only one asking.

28 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Probably one for @JerrySLO to help with, can't imagine you will be the only one asking.

Yeh, I just know he'll be busy. As I said, I'm not hugely pissed off if they're not included. I think last season it was a bit of an unexpected bonus.

Fyi everyone the OS article has been reworded and now says "City will be under-taking a training camp in Europe at the end of June".

Presumably someone got the Alps muddled up with the Belgian flatlands.

1 hour ago, Sandhurst Red said:

The High Performance Centre has a limited capacity and there will be no general tickets available for supporters.

1 minute ago, winsaw said:

Dose anyone know Are fans being allowed into the performance center to watch the games live or is the only way to watch on the web, 

See above from OS article.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Dose anyone know Are fans being allowed into the performance center to watch the games live or is the only way to watch on the web, 

No fans on site, 

something to remember will be that the academy sides will probably be in for pre-season as well so parking on site will be extremely limited if not full as the car park is usually full when everyone is in. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Waste of an opportunity to make more revenue not having fans surely? 

Agree with that, shame they couldn't have done a deal with one of the local non league sides and used there ground for these games, still a lot of people who prefer to watch live in person,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

City will be under-taking an Alpine training camp at the end of June, though there will be no games or open training sessions for fans to attend.

This line has now become "City will be under-taking a training camp in Europe at the end of June, though there will be no games or open training sessions for fans to attend."...

6 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Bristol City pre-season fixtures

• (H) July 6 vs Cheltenham Town (2pm)

• (H) July 12 vs Portsmouth (2pm)

• (A) July 16 vs Plymouth Argyle (3pm)

• (H) July 19 vs Forest Green Rovers (2pm) | Exeter City (4.30pm)

• (A) July 23 vs Bournemouth (3pm)

It’s literally the same games every summer.

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s literally the same games every summer.

Personally well past caring about them. Pearson said last year he treats them as little more than training exercises. All eyes on first game of the season, everything before that is really neither here nor there. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Personally well past caring about them. Pearson said last year he treats them as little more than training exercises. All eyes on first game of the season, everything before that is really neither here nor there. 

I know he said it but I suspect its a little more serious than that. Otherwise why not have a community fixture where we give back to a local non-league side - I miss those.