IGNORED

Semenyo out for 12 weeks

bcfc01

Not good, as he’s integral both to how we play & also because we don’t have a “like for like” replacement.

Opportunity for Nakhi though, as I can’t see any logic in changing Weimann’s position to react to this, he’s far more effective behind a front two than as part of one.

Moves Tommy Conway a place up the pecking order as well.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I thought it was going to be worse going by the posts headline. He will be back after a few games and won’t be sold - every cloud 

Not sure that’s true. If he’s out for 12 weeks then he will miss the first 6 weeks of the season and will then need some sort of pre season so probably misses 10 games. Also, a shin injury wouldn’t stop a team from still being interested in signing him. Players transfer clubs whilst injured all the time.  Medicals look at potential long term injuries more than short term 

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

Probably linked back to the last game v Hull?

He got well clumped in that game and limped off early.

I was thinking, how do players get injuries this time of year other than dropping BBQs on the there feet?

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’d imagine they are still doing some training whether that’s some gym work or low intensity running / bike etc

Ir going off injured on international duty then being sent home after probably has more to do with it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Not sure that’s true. If he’s out for 12 weeks then he will miss the first 6 weeks of the season and will then need some sort of pre season so probably misses 10 games. Also, a shin injury wouldn’t stop a team from still being interested in signing him. Players transfer clubs whilst injured all the time.  Medicals look at potential long term injuries more than short term 

You’re a happy soul aren’t you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I was thinking, how do players get injuries this time of year other than dropping BBQs on the there feet?

Do you honestly think football finished with the Hull game?

Weimann has just started the only fortnight that he is going to get off, Semenyo, Wells & Scott have been on international duty, too.

Quite possible that Antoine picked this up on duty for Ghana.

• Like 3

Article mentions that they could possible reduce this 12 weeks down if things go well. Let's say it's 9-10 weeks before being back on the training pitch, that would be around wk beg 22 August. Could possibly see him in 1st team squad (all going well) by early September. Maybe missed 5 or 6 matches which isn't ideal but far from a disaster. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Do you honestly think football finished with the Hull game?

Weimann has just started the only fortnight that he is going to get off, Semenyo, Wells & Scott have been on international duty, too.

Quite possible that Antoine picked this up on duty for Ghana.

Sorry that was a thinly veiled swipe at Micky Maiynerd.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not good, as he’s integral both to how we play & also because we don’t have a “like for like” replacement.

Opportunity for Nakhi though, as I can’t see any logic in changing Weimann’s position to react to this, he’s far more effective behind a front two than as part of one.

Moves Tommy Conway a place up the pecking order as well.

Agree. Surprised many thinking not a huge deal. 3 months when the season starts in a month. Means he won’t be up to top form until October really. That will be around a quarter of the season before he is at his best. He’ll likely miss 5-7 games to start. We saw how our performances picked up in December when he got back fit and got some starts. 

I heard this last week, I’m looking on the bright side, I think it will give the opportunity for Scott to play in the hole behind Martin and Weimann and really give him some freedom on the pitch to express himself with James and Williams in behind him.  

we know that Nige likes to play 2 up top and his favourite 2 anchors in midfield is James and Williams. 

• Like 1

I was resigned to losing Semenyo this summer, and it was the best time to sell as he would have 2 years left on contact (once they activate 1yr add on) - but now either we potentially sell in Jan window, which is a notoriously bad window to replace him with, or he’s sold next summer when he has 1yr contract left and he sold for much less than he could have been sold this summer. 

All in all not the best preparation for us either way

39 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I was resigned to losing Semenyo this summer, and it was the best time to sell as he would have 2 years left on contact (once they activate 1yr add on) - but now either we potentially sell in Jan window, which is a notoriously bad window to replace him with, or he’s sold next summer when he has 1yr contract left and he sold for much less than he could have been sold this summer. 

All in all not the best preparation for us either way

If someone wants to buy him this summer then they still will. 

• Like 2

These things happen in football and therefore can be dealt with, especially as we haven’t even entered pre season,

ie 1 time to sign a forward or a loan to Xmas

2 time to adjust tactics and team selection

3 time to give Bell, Conway a real chance to shine.Else why did we keep them?

4 time to use existing player in a forward position,  eg Scott

Trust in Nige. He has been here many times before and is not the sort of manager, imo, not to have Plans B to D.