IGNORED

Under 12’s tour of HPC

Simon79

Tried booking a tour for my boy on Friday evening, but all days & times were sold out. Noticed that the email didn’t say anything about limited availability, but the club official site says limited numbers. Did anyone else miss out & do we think there will be another opportunity for those that did? Think it’s a great idea from the club & could help inspire a few youngsters you would hope. COYR 

• Like 1

If I recall, I'm pretty sure the email said there were limited numbers available, so I made damn sure I was on the website bang on 10am. Really looking forward to it - it should certainly be something the club offers out again though, as all the junior ST holders should get the chance to go. Maybe @JerrySLO might be able to help with this? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Tried booking a tour for my boy on Friday evening, but all days & times were sold out. Noticed that the email didn’t say anything about limited availability, but the club official site says limited numbers. Did anyone else miss out & do we think there will be another opportunity for those that did? Think it’s a great idea from the club & could help inspire a few youngsters you would hope. COYR 

“Limited tickets for the visit will be available on the club website from 10am on Friday, June 17th for one Under-12s Season Ticket holder and a guardian. The ticket must be assigned to the Under-12 Season Ticket holder in the basket.”

2 hours ago, redpole said:

“Limited tickets for the visit will be available on the club website from 10am on Friday, June 17th for one Under-12s Season Ticket holder and a guardian. The ticket must be assigned to the Under-12 Season Ticket holder in the basket.”

As I said, the email I received didn’t say limited tickets. I presume you took that from the Club Site? Unfortunately, due to work, I was unable to try & get a tour until Friday evening. Hopefully they’ll be another chance. COYR 
DA792F5A-8D51-411B-90E7-18A1B132D142.thumb.jpeg.d3625c1b14aa44972ac9c3f8a11a7c50.jpeg

On 19/06/2022 at 22:52, Simon79 said:

Are you still looking to go? I’m booked with my kids Tuesday 28th 17:40 but sadly am no longer able to make it. Am sure if I just emailed you my confirmation they wouldn’t check. 

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Are you still looking to go? I’m booked with my kids Tuesday 28th 17:40 but sadly am no longer able to make it. Am sure if I just emailed you my confirmation they wouldn’t check. 

Hi mate. Really appreciate the offer, but unfortunately we can only do Monday or Wednesday & also later in the evening. Thanks for the thought though. COYR 

• Like 1

We went last night & I have to say fair play to the club as it was pretty darned good. Greeted by Jerry with a brief appearance from Richard Gould and pretty much access all areas being guided around by Jerry, who was as candid as ever & gave us plenty of time to take photos etc etc 

I know it was all sold out this time round but if you get the chance again, I'd definitely recommend it. Our 9 year old son (who's pretty much infatuated with all things City) came out buzzing. Jerry also said they're looking at doing Stadium Tours on certain days in August so keep your eyes peeled for those being released. 

Genuinely well done City - a great way to keep the young 'uns - and us old 'uns - happy. 

• Like 9
  • Robin 3

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

We went last night & I have to say fair play to the club as it was pretty darned good. Greeted by Jerry with a brief appearance from Richard Gould and pretty much access all areas being guided around by Jerry, who was as candid as ever & gave us plenty of time to take photos etc etc 

I know it was all sold out this time round but if you get the chance again, I'd definitely recommend it. Our 9 year old son (who's pretty much infatuated with all things City) came out buzzing. Jerry also said they're looking at doing Stadium Tours on certain days in August so keep your eyes peeled for those being released. 

Genuinely well done City - a great way to keep the young 'uns - and us old 'uns - happy. 

The stadium tour is very good indeed.  Again, access all areas and Jerry has some good anecdotes along the wag 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

So what did you learn/see that might not have been clear from the videos the club have previously posted?

Sounds like quite the facility.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So what did you learn/see that might not have been clear from the videos the club have previously posted?

Sounds like quite the facility.

I guess it's just nice to see the environment the club have provided for where the players pretty much spend all their non-matchday time. Very bright & spacious, all needs seem to be catered for but I wouldn't say it was "luxurious" - but from a functional perspective you're going about your job in comfortable & well designed surroundings. Sounds like the fact that all age groups from U9s train there too (I think that's what they said, anyway) it sounds like the club (Men's & Women's) is much more "together" and that can only be a good thing I'd say. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s impressive isn’t it?  Did you see the magnetic boards with all the players on it across every academy team, up to u23s, with little things like, who is gonna “train-up” with a higher age group that week.  Lots of detail goes into it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s impressive isn’t it?  Did you see the magnetic boards with all the players on it across every academy team, up to u23s, with little things like, who is gonna “train-up” with a higher age group that week.  Lots of detail goes into it.

I didn't but things like that can only help inspire the younger age-groups - definitely a huge advantage of all being in the same place. 

• Like 1

Went to this tonight. Can only echo the prior comments - it really is excellent. The facility is massively impressive and I can see how it would be a huge selling point for players coming into the club, with the bonus of a golf club next door…

Altitude rooms, Cryo rooms, an inordinate amount of weights, pools, a perfect playing surface. Seriously good stuff and my 10 year old was buzzing from seeing it all. Groups of 10 going round meant it didn’t seem like we were herded as well.

Well done the club on this one. Top stuff.

And as a bonus, here’s Niges boots. As no nonsense and old school as you’d expect.

BE9BA7B8-26B0-473C-A66A-ACE367DC0C26.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Fair play Sound’s like the club have done a really good job with this ?

On a side note did anyone manage to get any pictures of inside of the HPC? Always nice to see a few different angles and possible rooms/area’s that the club haven’t shown us on the OS/social media etc!

Edited by bris red

9 hours ago, bris red said:

Fair play Sound’s like the club have done a really good job with this ?

On a side note did anyone manage to get any pictures of inside of the HPC? Always nice to see a few different angles and possible rooms/area’s that the club haven’t shown us on the OS/social media etc!

DB5CDA8D-CD71-4001-9C9E-465DAC9F1187.jpeg

9546A2AE-FD67-4C5A-AD71-CEDB9E660C09.jpeg

E4C6535A-0724-47E9-BC91-3F17CDACC979.jpeg

A2D3436C-2A54-435F-B858-D567B3CA421D.jpeg

273436A0-3FE6-4783-8304-14C17A943845.jpeg

4C31CD32-ADCE-4084-9865-FEDA33769F84.jpeg

A299729D-6615-4087-A438-88A9BA9CC5B0.jpeg

B25C3286-D6F6-4E55-9BAB-CEA7E17BCD19.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The entrance foyer, the spin the wheel thing is how the players decide on the amount of a fine is to be paid (money goes into the kitty for the end of season do I think) boot room, cryo-room, gym, pool and all changing rooms are named after a club legend. All very slick. 

53 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The entrance foyer, the spin the wheel thing is how the players decide on the amount of a fine is to be paid (money goes into the kitty for the end of season do I think) boot room, cryo-room, gym, pool and all changing rooms are named after a club legend. All very slick. 

Yeah I liked all the rooms being named after club legends. I don’t think I clocked them all but I remember seeing rooms named after Trevor Tainton, Ivor Guy, Louis Carey, Bas Savage, Scott Murray, Gerry Gow and Geoff Merrick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah I liked all the rooms being named after club legends. I don’t think I clocked them all but I remember seeing rooms named after Trevor Tainton, Ivor Guy, Louis Carey, Bas Savage, Scott Murray, Gerry Gow and Geoff Merrick

36 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Hang on … was that the toilet block or the shower?

I was going to suggest the bin store.....

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Super said:

LJ's roulette wheel is still there!

Wonder what happened to the huge outdoor screen he spent years begging for...

Part of his international coaching techniques, as used in Hoffenheim. 

He wanted it so the players could instantly review positional play and any mistakes during training sessions. 

Not a cheap investment. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Players are responsible for cleaning their own boots.  The boot room is between the outside and the dressing room, so players don’t take their dirty boots into that area.

They also don't take there boots home and forget to bring them the next day - I think that was something David James said he did while here because when he was at prem sides it was all sorted out for the players.