IGNORED

Buse - Agrees 1 Yr Deal

Davefevs

13 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Maybe or could be the U23s keeper if Max and Wiles-Richards are loaned out. 

I know that Bath City are really keen on having HWR back on loan. Ryan Clarke is moving into a coaching / backup keeper role  HWR had a really good loan at Gloucester back end of last season and if loaned out again I would imagine it would be at National League level minimum. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wonder whether this announcement is significant in terms of the first day of training.

Robbie Cundy and Andy King haven’t had their futures confirmed.

King surprises me in that I imagined it would be quite a straightforward negotiation. He's a fan, he did well enough to earn a new deal but not well enough you'd expect loads of competition for him and he presumably gets on with the manager. I'm quite surprised it's taken this long and still is not done. 

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I know that Bath City are really keen on having HWR back on loan. Ryan Clarke is moving into a coaching / backup keeper role  HWR had a really good loan at Gloucester back end of last season and if loaned out again I would imagine it would be at National League level minimum. 

Am I being a bit naïve in imagining our 3rd choice goalkeeper would be good enough to play at a League 2 club? Are the margins between Level 4 and Level 5 or 6 of the Pyramid a lot narrower than I think? 

14 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Am I being a bit naïve in imagining our 3rd choice goalkeeper would be good enough to play at a League 2 club? Are the margins between Level 4 and Level 5 or 6 of the Pyramid a lot narrower than I think? 

Agreed, hes been on our bench hasnt he? Still, if that young french keeper comes in then it will be all change.

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

While it continues to narrow there is still some evidence to suggest a gulf needs to be bridged between NL(N)/ NL(S) and the NL. If you're good enough to play NL however you're good enough to play L2. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

King surprises me in that I imagined it would be quite a straightforward negotiation. He's a fan, he did well enough to earn a new deal but not well enough you'd expect loads of competition for him and he presumably gets on with the manager. I'm quite surprised it's taken this long and still is not done. 

I wasn't impressed tbh. For me he didn't do enough to get a new deal.

30 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

King surprises me in that I imagined it would be quite a straightforward negotiation. He's a fan, he did well enough to earn a new deal but not well enough you'd expect loads of competition for him and he presumably gets on with the manager.

May be wrong, but not convinced he's such a big City fan from what I've read - certainly not like most of us on here - but of course the OS saying a new signing is a boyhood City fan is always going to go down well.

No doubt he had a soft spot for City through someone in the family but as he was born in Barnstaple, grew up in Maidenhead, and joined Chelsea as a 9 year old it seems unlikely he was ever a regular attendee at AG.

Seems like he went to some big end of season matches in his City shirt, but we've probably got 20k who turn out for Freight Rover/Play off finals and not much else.

14 appearances last season, and at 33 seems to have ongoing injury frailties.

I'm very surprised he was offered a new contract and quite happy if he's decided against it.

48 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Agree to an extent, however if he feels that he still has more to give as a player (and a player only), then maybe he's waiting to see what/if any offer(s) are out there. If that's the case then I don't think you can blame him.

If nothing is official one way or the other, it could also be that he may still train with us whilst he sorts his future out. That way he still gets a pre season, and Nige gets to keep him sweet, depending on how much he wants him to stay on.

Obviously we don't know much about his (potential) coaching abilities, but the management must think he has something to offer in that respect. Leaving that to one side though, from a supporters viewpoint, I don't think many people would be hugely disappointed if he signed on with someone else. 

If he signs on, great, hope it works out  exactly how Nige wants it to. If he stays fit, a place on the bench could be valuable. If not, it's not like he was an important part of our side last season, or that when he was fit we could see exactly how much better we were when he was in the side - like we did with Williams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I wonder whether this announcement is significant in terms of the first day of training.

Robbie Cundy and Andy King haven’t had their futures confirmed.

Andy King is liking the club Instagram stories about the first day back, so he’s not burned any bridges yet!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Has agreed to join Taunton Town for the season. Good move all round imo 

Are Taunton part time? I assume they are so he can continue to train at Failand and play for the U23s?

36 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Are Taunton part time? I assume they are so he can continue to train at Failand and play for the U23s?

Yeah, that was the deal last season. Not 100% what it’ll be now taunton are national league south but can’t see why it wouldn’t be same deal 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Not really, he has a clause in the loan and City activated it, from their perspective one of their players is now playing at a higher level then he would have been

I believe he is a Yeovil lad still living in or nearby.

Full time training as well, very good move for him.

12 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Bit of a update. City have stitched taunton up a bit!! Buse had a blinder against Yeovil in a friendly. City have recalled him and he’s going Yeovil on loan. Poor imo 

Timing is a bit unfortunate, but the player and Bcfc come first. 

• Like 1