IGNORED

at least Poland has shown some back bone against Russia

Seems a bit harsh. 
He already played in Moscow for Locomotiv and has spent 9 of the last 10 years playing in Russia. His contract with Locomotiv ended on May 31st and he signed a new contract with Spartak 11 days later. 
Had he just decided to move there, I could probably understand the decision, but he’s lived there for 9 years and is likely settled there with his family. 
I’d be a tad pissed off it that were me. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Redtrojan said:

I’d be a tad pissed off if my family and home had been destroyed by a foreign country invading my land.

I guess some people (the polish coach)have standards,others appear to be apologists and don’t.

He’s lived there for 9 years. What do want him to do. The war is not his fault, is it!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

He’s lived there for 9 years. What do want him to do. The war is not his fault, is it!

No, but he clearly feels comfortable with the situation, otherwise he'd of moved back or elsewhere. 

I for one wouldn't feel comfortable living in Russia, knowing what they'd just done and continue to terrorise and invade another country for no legitimate reason. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Akira said:

No, but he clearly feels comfortable with the situation, otherwise he'd of moved back or elsewhere. 

I for one wouldn't feel comfortable living in Russia, knowing what they'd just done and continue to terrorise and invade another country for no legitimate reason. 

But the point is, he’s been living in Russia for 9 years. It’s not as if he’s just decided to go there and has no morals. He likely is settled and has family there. Why should he move home if he’s happy and settled, for a conflict that is nothing of his doing? 

Are you all suggesting that every non-Russian person currently living in Russia should immediately leave Russia and return their own country? 
Bit odd? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry said:

But the point is, he’s been living in Russia for 9 years. It’s not as if he’s just decided to go there and has no morals. He likely is settled and has family there. Why should he move home if he’s happy and settled, for a conflict that is nothing of his doing? 

Are you all suggesting that every non-Russian person currently living in Russia should immediately leave Russia and return their own country? 
Bit odd? 

Don't think its odd at all to disagree with a country's government and their actions so much that you no longer wish to stay there. 

The conflict is nothing of the players doing, you're correct, but you're very much surpressed by living in Russia, you don't have the freedom of speech you get elsewhere, and by staying, suggests you're happy and support the regime. 

He obviously isn't totally skint being a professional footballer, so it's not as if he doesn't have the funds to move if he so wished. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Bit odd? 

Of course not every non-Russian should immediately leave, they are all capable of making their own choice in this matter.

Neither is it odd that, having made the decision to stay in Russia, he isn't going to be chosen to represent his country. Decisions have consequences.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1