IGNORED

Pre-season day 1 - Detective work

Davefevs

Spotted today in City social media.  Potential squad number changes in brackets)

Bentley, O’Leary

Dasilva, Pring, Naismith, Tanner, Atkinson, Towler (23 - Moore’s number), Wilson (2 - Simpson’s number), Vyner, Moore, Idehen (24 - Cundy’s number), Klose, Kalas (added, thx)

Kadji, Williams, Massengo (30), Sykes (17 - Baker’s number), James.

Bell, Conway (think I saw him), Martin.

Absentees expected:

Benarous, Scott, Wells, Weimann, Semenyo

Others:

King, Baker, Kalas, Palmer, Cundy, Bakinson, Morton, Janneh, Edwards, Pearson, Owers, Low, Wiles-Richards, Francois (some will probably be with u23 group).

please correct any I got wrong / missed.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:
Others:

King, Baker, Kalas, Palmer, Cundy, Bakinson, Morton, Janneh, Edwards, Pearson, Owers, Low, Wiles-Richards, Francois (some will probably be with u23 group).

No excuse for the manager not to show up for first day back training. Disgraceful ?

• Haha 3

Spotted today in City social media.  Potential squad number changes in brackets)

Bentley, O’Leary

Dasilva, Pring, Naismith, Tanner, Atkinson, Towler (23 - Moore’s number), Wilson (2 - Simpson’s number), Vyner, Moore, Idehen (24 - Cundy’s number), Klose, Kalas (added, thx)

Kadji, Williams, Massengo (30), Sykes (17 - Baker’s number), James.

Bell, Conway (think I saw him), Martin.

Absentees expected:

Benarous, Scott, Wells, Weimann, Semenyo

Others:

It's great there back. Can anything be taken from number changes and whon is and is not there ?

3 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Bet Pearson was made up to see Bakinson back. ?

No sign of Taylor Moore so far. So maybe something is getting sorted there as well.

Taylor Moore can be seen in the video posted. 1:23 

Edited by SBB
  • Like 1

Refreshed list:

Bentley, O’Leary, Buse, Wiles-Richards.

Dasilva, Pring, Naismith, Tanner, Atkinson, Towler (23 - Moore’s number), Wilson (2 - Simpson’s number), Vyner, Moore, Idehen (24 - Cundy’s number), Klose, Kalas.

Kadji, Williams, Massengo (30), Sykes (17 - Baker’s number), James, Bakinson, Benarous (rehab), King.

Bell, Conway, Martin.

Absentees expected:

Scott (int), Wells (int), Weimann (int), Semenyo (inj), Pearson (int)

Others:

Baker, Palmer, Cundy, Morton, Janneh, Edwards, Owers, Low, Francois (some will probably be with u23 group).

Refreshed list:

Bentley, O’Leary, Buse, Wiles-Richards.

Dasilva, Pring, Naismith, Tanner, Atkinson, Towler (23 - Moore’s number), Wilson (2 - Simpson’s number), Vyner, Moore, Idehen (24 - Cundy’s number), Klose, Kalas.

Kadji, Williams, Massengo (30), Sykes (17 - Baker’s number), James, Bakinson, Benarous (rehab), King.

Bell, Conway, Martin.

Absentees expected:

Scott (int), Wells (int), Weimann (int), Semenyo (inj), Pearson (int)

Others:

Baker, Palmer, Cundy, Morton, Janneh, Edwards, Owers, Low, Francois (some will probably be with u23 group).

I did not see any photos with king ?

Robins uncut has been released on YouTube. 

Andy King features regularly, so I would expect an announcement on his new deal soon. 

No sign of Cundy, and I also didn't see Kalas during the actual training (albeit he was pictured arriving at HPC), perhaps he is still being monitored post-injury. 

I can only judge on a few minutes worth of content, but Sam Bell looks determined to force his way into the squad regularly this season. 

• Like 1

Something about the first day of pre season content that is so great. Like the first day of the season generally. 

Can’t imagine those lads driving up to Failand today without a cloud in the sky going to ‘work’ as a footballer. Mustve felt ******* great 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A few observations:

• Thought they looked sharp in the afternoon with the ball
  • Matty James striding it out in the beep test (or whatever version they call it)
  • Naismith vocal

What did Klose say to Naismith right at the end?

For me, the ball possession drill highlighted strengths and weaknesses of certain players. As you mentioned, Naismith talking throughout is a big boost. 

Vyner doesn't look comfortable with the ball in comparison to others. I don't mean to single him out, but his passing is a lot slower compared to others. 

General fitness levels seem sharp. The likes of Sam Bell, Matty James and Taylor Moore looked impressive during the running. 

Great viewing watching Matty James next to Chris Martin during the running drill. 

Side note: Nige's message to the squad included a welcome to new players and staff. Possibly a nod to Andy King, but are there any more staff arrivals anyone has heard of? 

3 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Vyner doesn't look comfortable with the ball in comparison to others. I don't mean to single him out, but his passing is a lot slower compared to others. 

Even Curtis “Brilliant, Qualiteeee” Fleming had to refrain from his usual 2 word repertoire with “that’s ok Zak” after one heavy touch from Zak (09:15)! ???

• Haha 1