IGNORED

Cundy Signs For Barnsley

Davefevs

For a guy playing his formative games for City and at this level, he’s done pretty decently.

Big question for me is can we see him in the remaining 6 games playing in a back 4.  If that’s what we are going to use next season, let’s give him a chance to show what he can do there.

If that means Kalas playing RB, or Klose missing out, so be it.

A lot will depend on recruitment plans, but as it stands we need to go with what we have.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For a guy playing his formative games for City and at this level, he’s done pretty decently.

Big question for me is can we see him in the remaining 6 games playing in a back 4.  If that’s what we are going to use next season, let’s give him a chance to show what he can do there.

A lot will depend on recruitment plans, but as it stands we need to go with what we have.

Nigel has said more than once that he is a good defender. I'm not sure though if there is a but ... being implied. I don't think he has made up his mind yet.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he will get a new deal off set by losing Taylor Moore and Vyner from the wage bill.  Would be interesting to see him in a four with Kalas at RB and Jay at LB. Not sure we have the right players fit to protect a back four though.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I’d be both surprised and disappointed if he wasn’t offered a contract. 

Exactly there’s a rugged ball winning centre half in there, much in the manager’s mould. I would be amazed if they didn’t offer a 2 + 1 deal, salary won’t be high, Baker possibly retiring (speculating - nothing more). We’d be mad not to.

• Like 7

I’ve got a feeling that Nige likes him. Challenged him to show he was worth a contract and he seems to be doing everything he can. I’m not sure whether he’ll prove to be good enough, but his contract would be on relatively low terms so all considered definitely worth the risk for me. He might just end up being part of a formidable partnership with Atkinson.

• Like 4

Cundy is very raw to the Championship and personally I think he’s done pretty well given the step up in quality and obviously the more starts he gets the the more experience he gains.

No doubt at all that his rawness will be taken into consideration when discussing a contract but hopefully Nige has seen enough to take a punt on him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Its a yes from me.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Kalas will be off.

I think so too, the whole captain/ not captain thing, plus not looking wholly like the player we had on loan for much of the last 12 months, and the fact that we are nowhere near a league challenging team suggests that it could be a time to move on.

That said given that he really has had not much of a break with the Euros and World Cup qualifiers, perhaps he’s just been overworked, and this injury related break might do him the world of good both physically and mentally

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

I love it when people reply with a homosexual innuendo.

Keep my post in mind, it was an opinion, mine, which I thought was the point of forums.

I suspect it is / was a typo…

No reason for the Major to make any other point than disagreeing with your opinion, I think any other conclusion is a tad over-sensitive.

• Like 1

To be honest, our defence has been a shambles all season so i see no real sense in keeping any cb at all, and we should go for a whole new crop. 
However i do like the look of Cundy and clearly wont break the bank for wages. 
I’d not keep Klose. Hes still been part of an average 2-goalsper game defence for conceding. 
Hopefully NP is lining up some dominant experience for next season. ?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Kalas will be off.

If we can get a deal that suits both us & him, so do I.

I think we are using the last 10 games to get a decent look at Cundy & Klose, I expect both to be offered deals & an attempt made to move on both Moore & Vyner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Based on gut or anything else Dave? I think he’s got it pretty ******* sweet here on and off the field, so would be surprised 

I hope he'll be off, not because I don't like him, but because it will help us with wages and ffp.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Based on gut or anything else Dave? I think he’s got it pretty ******* sweet here on and off the field, so would be surprised 

Well, the fact you’ve said that, completely changes my view. ???

My view was purely based on thinking he’s a saleable asset who costs us a shedload.  If we can re-contract him, then great - that cuts cost in itself.  If his “local lady” helps influence that, I’m all for it. ???

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 1