IGNORED

Cundy Signs For Barnsley

Davefevs

Cundy showed he was reasonably comfortable playing Championship football and now his injury worries seem behind him is only likely to improve.

Should City decide to replace him (there seems an assumption that Naismith has been signed to play CB but surely it's just one of numerous positions he might play) it is likely to be a veteran, e.g. Davies, or a player completely unproven at this level, e.g. Horsfall.

Good signing for Barnsley and good move the player himself, but from a BCFC point of view a bit disappointing imo.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Discussions ongoing………..:dunno:

No mention of him not signing for us or signing for Barnsley

I will stick my neck out here Rob and say that he is as good as gone, I don't know if it's Barnsley but he's not going to be staying here. 

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Well, I had no idea! Probably should have looked closer, don’t know why I assumed he was younger 

Came into the game late as I said earlier in the thread, most of his formative years either not used at league level or playing non league level. His Wikipedia page says he has already signed for Barnsley btw.

Screenshot_20220622-140605.jpg

56 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I will stick my neck out here Rob and say that he is as good as gone, I don't know if it's Barnsley but he's not going to be staying here. 

That’s probably true but nothing on our OS or on the Barnsley OS either………….:dunno:

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

For once Robbored is right, no idea why it has 'Cundy signs for Barnsley' if Barnsley haven't announced anything

Yea thought this yesterday. Title changed a little prematurely. I expect it'll be announced tonight (assuming he didn't fail his medical!). 

After putting pen to paper at Oakwell today, Robbie told us: “I’m delighted to be here.

“It’s been in the pipeline for a few weeks now. I’m happy to get it over the line and I can’t wait to get started.

“First and foremost, I’m a defender. I’m going to win my headers. I like to play out when I can and hopefully, we can do that this season.”

Barnsley FC CEO, Khaled El-Ahmad added: “We are happy that we have secured Robbie’s services, despite interest from other clubs.

“Robbie brings Championship experience with him and provides us with another option in the defensive positions. He has proven in the past that he can overcome adversity and will add leadership qualities to the group.

“We wish him the best of luck in his time here at Oakwell.”

Best of luck to him. Worked hard to get where he is and a 2 year deal at a club where he'll probably play each week is fair reward.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Apparently a 3 year contract which I imagine is longer than we offered, and should get more game time than being 5th choice CB here. At 25 he needs to be playing and L1 should be a better fit. Good luck to him. 

Yes, we offered him one year I believe.

They have given him 2 years (not 3) which suggests our offer was only one.

Been told by people I trust that he was told earlier this season we were letting him go, though we changed our mind.

Not surprised he jumped at the security of a couple of years with a club that should be in the promotion shake up.