IGNORED

Cundy Signs For Barnsley

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

How many times have we seen a player step up in this division for us, then dip 5 or 6 games in?  Sometimes you get through those early games on adrenaline, but you can’t keep it up…need a little reset, then go again.  The demands of playing plus training at this level, especially for Robbie, is a new encounter.

Cundy yesterday looked like his body was letting him down.  He hasn’t as slow on the turn in previous games.  Body might’ve been pushed a bit too far over recent weeks.  It happens.

I also think we are seeing this a bit with Scott, lost his spark after a great first season.  I said if he got 1k minutes this season it would be some achievement.  He’s played almost 2.5k!!  That’s massive.

Again, I think Semenyo has lost a tad too….playing centrally and being duffed up my CBs is different to playing wide.

Both players will “come again”.  Same with Pring.

I hope Cundy does too.

But dips in form for players playing their first time regularly at this level happen.  Normally a manager has a squad that can pull them out at the right times.

This is part of the reason why Pearson should have more time - the calls for his sacking are premature and don’t reflect the reality of the situation. We have quite a lot of players who are are inexperienced at this level - hence their inconsistency. Pearson has talked about this. Pearson is looking at which players can improve to become consistent performers at this level and which ones he needs to ship out. I think he has a better understanding of what it takes to be a consistent performer at this level than a lot of previous managers. Just a question of whether, due to our financial constraints, he can make the changes we need - and how quickly. If anyone thinks we will be challenging for the play-offs for next season that is unrealistic in my view. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, robin for life said:

Actually means Not On Normal Courtyard Exercise

Its what prison guards wrote on the files of prisoners files of people who could be at risk, this could be sex offenders, wealthy, high profile, debt heads and so on. It was a label given to Vulnerable Prisoners. Over time, the term VP in jails was created, but to cons it would always be known as the I love you wing and not the VP wing. But it comes from the old filing system when a prisoner was highlighted as not to be on association with the general population. 

It does not mean someone is a Paedo, but is a label given to them. Although it covers a lot of prisoners who would be vulnerable in jail. Most prisons have VP wings nowadays, not all prisoners on them are Paedo's or sex offenders, but will be labelled as being on the N O N C .E  wing by mains prisoners. VP is the term used by staff, N.O.N.C.E by cons. 

I think that's an example of a "backronym" - someone taking a word and then building a back story around it as a way of explaining it.

Other examples include people claiming posh stood for 'port out, starboard home' (it didn't) and pom meant 'prisoner of her majesty' (it also never did).

Any cockney geezer will tell you n*n** is just short for a 'nonsense': a prison term for those interested sexually in children. 

Edited by Red-Robbo

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think that's an example of a "backronym" - someone taking a word and then building a back story around it as a way of explaining it.

Other examples include people claiming posh stood for 'port out, starboard home' (it didn't) and pom meant 'prisoner of her majesty' (it also never did).

Any cockney geezer will tell you n*n** is just short for a 'nonsense': a prison term for those interested sexually in children. 

I've just joined this thread on p4 and I'm intrigued how we got from Robbie Cundy's contract prospects to here...?

• Haha 2

On 02/04/2022 at 18:11, Countryfile said:

He won’t get offered a new deal.

NP is looking for experience , Klose will get offered a deal but it may not be enough to get him to sign.

Then again he might.

Yeah not too fussed about this one. Did well, and I thought he improved the more he went on and merited the contract offer, but on current CB stock he’s behind Naismith, Kalas, Klose, Atkinson so 5th choice and Idehen will also be given time to develop. Totally understand his decision to move on and it’s the best thing for his career to take first choice at a L1 club and a three year deal.

Good luck to him.

• Like 1

I liked Cundy, but if it was a choice of him or Klose then Timm gets my vote every time. Atkinson improved a lot towards the back end of the season, Naismith has got nothing but positive comments and it looks like Kalas is staying(?) so where would Cundy fit in

Cundy reminded me a lot of Flint at times, but I think we are going to play a bit more cultured than Flint-Style so yes I think Cundy's future lies at another team

Think this actually might be one of those occasions where someone has moved because they genuinely just want to play.

I’m not sure he was ever going to be the answer long term but he did an ok job for a few games, was on very low wages & has got himself a good career move.

All the best to him.

Despite the Post obsessively writing we have 11 centre halves, we have nothing of the sort, so unless Kalas leaves as well (Baker clearly isn’t going to be able to play again), with Naismith, Klose & Atkinson on our books & Idehen or Towler filling the 5th spot, I think we are ok there.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Not too bothered tbh. Not championship standard imo.

Well, we won't know that until he has a real run of games as a fixture in a side and can get the experience. Given his rate of improvement over last few years, you'd think a 40-game season could see him really develop. So from that point of view, this is the right move at this point in his career. Don't think it has to mean a permanent move to a lower level.

Good luck to him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

I liked Cundy, but if it was a choice of him or Klose then Timm gets my vote every time. Atkinson improved a lot towards the back end of the season, Naismith has got nothing but positive comments and it looks like Kalas is staying(?) so where would Cundy fit in

Cundy reminded me a lot of Flint at times, but I think we are going to play a bit more cultured than Flint-Style so yes I think Cundy's future lies at another team

Nothing against Cundy at all and would have been happy to see him sign, but I think Idehen looks a better prospect from the little game time he has had as well.

• Like 1

Fair play to him for making the step down. He clearly wants to succeed and he’ll only do that by getting game time. Of course we can’t guarantee that here what with Kalas, Klose, Atkinson and now Naismith in front of him.

• Like 1