IGNORED

Lewes FC, cheeky Buggers!

Coin-op

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Very random 

Lewes have a reputation as a well run and progressive club but yes it is a totally random thing to do.

It's harmless nonsense of course but as usual when football clubs try to be funny if just falls flat.

Are we sure it isn't photoshopped though?

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, hantsred said:

Could be aimed at the City women's team/supporters as they play in the same league as Lewes?

That’s possible.

Google says we’ve beaten the 5-0 and 3-0 in recent years.

Have the women’s team been relegated again? 

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Be a bit daft if it was from a gashead though wouldn't it?

If you’ve been mocked and laughed at on Sky by Yeovil fans then it’s probably going to scar you for a long time...

Let’s be honest, the Gas don’t come up with many original ideas themselves ?

3D94AB0E-870C-4247-AF72-E547E0218EAA.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That’s possible.

Google says we’ve beaten the 5-0 and 3-0 in recent years.

Have the women’s team been relegated again? 

If you’ve been mocked and laughed at on Sky by Yeovil fans then it’s probably going to scar you for a long time...

Let’s be honest, the Gas don’t come up with many original ideas themselves ?

3D94AB0E-870C-4247-AF72-E547E0218EAA.jpeg

That hasn’t aged well to be fair!

9 hours ago, chinapig said:

Lewes have a reputation as a well run and progressive club but yes it is a totally random thing to do.

It's harmless nonsense of course but as usual when football clubs try to be funny if just falls flat.

Are we sure it isn't photoshopped though?

Definitely not photo shopped. I live near Lewes and the sign is real. 

• Thanks 1

If they changed Bristol City to Derby County and posted it on the DCFC fans forum,  Lewes FC would immediately get onto the ever growing Derby fans' hit list.

• Like 1

I think we should turn this into a thing.  Let’s retaliate with a few “who the **** are Lewes” banners, and get a few anti-Lewes chants going. We can even invent our own derogatory nickname for them, like LOSE-es, LOO-is or EEEEEWis.

You’re just a small town in Brighton.

• Like 2

In 2001 Mangotsfield United played Lewes in the 4th (final) qualifying round of the FA Cup. 1500 at Cossham Street. The Mango fans were singing 'We've got David Seal' and 'Feed the Seal and he will score'. At the end of the match it was nil nil and a Lewes fan piped up about David Seal saying that Mangotsfield could keep him and a fat lot of good he did. 

I thought it was disrespectful to an ex-Bristol City striker so what they have done now doesn't surprise me. 

Mangotsfield United lost the replay two nil.

Removed the blokes surname, but my guess is that this is why:

"Volunteer of The Week'! This week we caught up with Supporters Club member Terry [surname]. Terry is originally a Bristolian and a lifelong Bristol Rovers fan but he now shares his allegiances with Lewes FC and spends many of his Saturdays down at the Pan carrying out vital maintenance work.

We asked Terry - mid-hammer blow - those three all important questions. He considered each one carefully before replying with his soft Bristol lilt...

Why did you choose to volunteer for Lewes FC?

“I don’t think I actually did volunteer - it just happened. I was here one day and some-one said, ‘You’ll do this won’t you?’ and next thing I knew I was painting toilets!”

Which team would you most like us to beat?

“Always Bristol City”

If you could put a message on a billboard for all the world to see, what would it be?

“Try and get on with life: don’t fret, don’t hassle people, don’t be extreme!”"

Not sure I believe that last sentence of his! Pretty funny though, fair play to him if he's the culprit!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

I think we should turn this into a thing.  Let’s retaliate with a few “who the **** are Lewes” banners, and get a few anti-Lewes chants going. We can even invent our own derogatory nickname for them, like LOSE-es, LOO-is or EEEEEWis.

You’re just a small town in Brighton.

Don’t be daft, they are a small club with a sense of humour, rise above it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

"Volunteer of The Week'! This week we caught up with Supporters Club member Terry [surname]. Terry is originally a Bristolian and a lifelong Bristol Rovers fan but he now shares his allegiances with Lewes FC and spends many of his Saturdays down at the Pan carrying out vital maintenance work.

Good detective work, looks like the culprit.

Terry (if he was born here he's still a Bristolian, if evidently a sadly misguided one) probably left Bristol to get away from Rovers.

If he'd much rather paint toilets in another part of the country than watch them who can blame him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

39 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Don’t be daft, they are a small club with a sense of humour, rise above it

Eh?? I think you’ve misunderstood the tone of my post. Check out what I said earlier in the thread… I loved it! Would be great if we can get some totally random banter going.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

We asked Terry - mid-hammer blow - those three all important questions. He considered each one carefully before replying with his soft Bristol lilt...

“I don’t think I actually did volunteer - it just happened. I was here one day and some-one said, ‘You’ll do this won’t you?’ and next thing I knew I was painting toilets!”

“Always Bristol City”

If you could put a message on a billboard for all the world to see, what would it be?

Not sure I believe that last sentence of his! Pretty funny though, fair play to him if he's the culprit!

As a lifelong Gashead he'll be used to non-league football and ramshackle facilities. He has an affinity. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

“Always Bristol City”

Maybe he applied for a job as the Lewes village idiot.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IAmNick said:

“Always Bristol City”

Terry Morton is a bit kn*b!

Just now, CiderCraig said:

Terry Morton is a bit kn*b!

I intentionally hid his surname - it's probably pretty embarrassing for so many people who may well have considered him a friend to now realise he's got such a horrible past he's clearly tried to escape. Have some respect.

14 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

That hasn’t aged well to be fair!

Over a long enough period of time few things do.

Im glad that most are seeing the fun in a little bit of banter and not frothing at the mouth and threatening all sorts of nonsense towards the perpetrator like Gasheads were doing when that Yeovil fan did it.

• Like 1