IGNORED

own up,who knows,or think they know, the fixture lists for this coming season?

I would have thought by now,there are a "chosen few and "trusted" persons who would know the EFL fixtures that will be announced at 09:00am on Thursday

I think the media get the opening days fixtures some time today(Wednesday) so that they can conduct the interviews and then they can play the interviews at 09:00am on Thursday.

So two things

1) Who would you like on the first day,it should be away as we will be away two weeks later

I WOULD LIKE SUNDERLAND AWAY ON THE FIRST DAY,

SECOND CHOICE NORWICH MIDDLESBROUGH OR HULL,just hope none of the four teams mentioned will NOT be played on a mid week date

2) Would YOU actually know the fixture lists?

answers BEFORE 08:00am on Thursday morning

Edited by Never to the dark side

Was interesting to see Ben Foster talk about fixture release day on his podcast yesterday and what players look for and their take on it all. 

He was keen to stress that as a player, any tie against a promoted side is not wished for, let alone an away one. 

With this in mind, and I would agree with him, Sunderland away is about as bad as it could get TBH.

I'd be happy with away to Millwall or QPR (selfishly local for me) as any London game will see good away numbers travel, and both of those clubs are similar in terms to us of expectations, albeit QPR would have the conundrum of a new manager that could be a blessing or curse. 

In terms of maximising chances of a win, I'd say something like home to Reading, Millwall, Birmingham or some other middling-to-crap Championship side is what you're looking for on opening day.

Personally I'd like an away trip to a midlands team or Norwich in the first tranche of matches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I would have thought by now,there are a "chosen few and "trusted" persons who would know the EFL fixtures that will be announced at 09:00am on Thursday

I think the media get the opening days fixtures some time today(Wednesday) so that they can conduct the interviews and then they can play the interviews at 09:00am on Thursday.

So two things

1) Who would you like on the first day,it should be away as we will be away two weeks later

SECOND CHOICE NORWICH MIDDLESBROUGH OR HULL,just hope none of the four teams mentioned will NOT be played on a mid week date

I see the rail strike days take in a Saturday this week, my memory tells me that’s unusual? Maybe not.

Anyway, can you assure us there’s a code of conduct where strikes on Saturdays in the football season are illegal? 

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I see the rail strike days take in a Saturday this week, my memory tells me that’s unusual? Maybe not.

Anyway, can you assure us there’s a code of conduct where strikes on Saturdays in the football season are illegal? 

RMT clearly not fans of 60's popular music. Stones at Hyde Park and Macca at Glastonbury both Saturday night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Was interesting to see Ben Foster talk about fixture release day on his podcast yesterday and what players look for and their take on it all. 

He was keen to stress that as a player, any tie against a promoted side is not wished for, let alone an away on

With this in mind, and I would agree with him, Sunderland away is about as bad as it could get TBH.

40,000 crowd, backs to the wall, wild dogs in the Carpathians. Nige will "learn a lot" from an opening fixture like this (ie don't pick Kasey Palmer)

This is my guess, see if I can get at least a couple right...

Blackburn v Bristol City

Coventry v Middlesbrough

Huddersfield v Birmingham

Hull v Wigan

Luton v Cardiff

Millwall v Watford

Norwich v QPR

Preston v Rotherham

Reading v Sheffield Utd

Stoke v Blackpool

Sunderland v Burnley

Swansea v West Brom

5 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Away for first two weeks of the season, so an away team I’ve already done first please 

Think Sunderland away would be very difficult for us

First two weeks? Thought we’d be home on the 6th, one home one away like last season no?

• Admin
5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

So two things

I used to work for the company that compiles the fixtures, for a couple of seasons they would give us the opening day fixtures

But changed employer since, so in the dark

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Clubs don't even get them until a couple of hours before release. There's no way journalists get them today.

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

So two things

They've been all over facey for the past week?