IGNORED

Bookies League Table Next Season

And Its Smith

Here is what the bookies currently say the final league table will look like.  Initially I was surprised to see us bottom 3 but when you look at that league it really looks like there could be no really weak teams this season.  I could find an argument for about 18 teams to be top 10.  Should be a very close season with fine margins deciding a lot.  I would also say there aren’t currently any squads that I think could completely dominate so the other quality of the league might well be down. 

1.  Norwich

2. Watford

3. Middlesbrough

4. Sheffield Utd

5. West Brom

6. Burnley

7. Swansea

8. Cardiff

9. Huddersfield

10. Stoke

11. Coventry

12. Sunderland

13. Blackburn

14. Hull

15. Millwall

16. Luton

17. QPR

18. Blackpool

19. Wigan

20. Preston

21. Reading

22. Bristol City

23. Birmingham

24. Rotherham

I guess they have to start these early predictions but there’s so much that can change, even after the season has started teams can gain or lose vital players during those August weeks.

However I think that’s way too low for us, I’d have a very early prediction of maybe even 10 places higher.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

There must come a time/year/season when Norwich don't go straight back up. 

I think this will be it. I don’t think they look a particular worry at the moment.

Think the teams this coming season are pretty closely matched. More so than in previous seasons. No outstanding Clubs, no relegation certs. Very much a lottery.

Strong start to the Season with that momentum and the auto places could be anyones imo.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

How are Reading above us? A cert to go down IMO.

Reading look like they will struggle massively, still more players to leave and they have already lost a few of their better ones. Maybe they will surprise, but they don't look like they are in a very healthy position as it currently stands.

11 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Reading look like they will struggle massively, still more players to leave and they have already lost a few of their better ones. Maybe they will surprise, but they don't look like they are in a very healthy position as it currently stands.

And signed a really poor keeper.

TBH I hope we are closer to mid table but i think we were poor last season and I haven't seen too much to suggest this season will be any better.

We haven't had to fight off bids from our better payers yet but I'm sure we will and I'm not sure we are in a place footballing wise or financially to replace any that do go with decent signings. Lower league and journey men is where i think we will be shopping and that doesn't mean anything other than a relegation fight. 

Really hope I'm wrong but I am not full of confidence - that probably means will win the play offs if my predictions are anything to go by.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

TBH I hope we are closer to mid table but i think we were poor last season and I haven't seen too much to suggest this season will be any better.

We haven't had to fight off bids from our better payers yet but I'm sure we will and I'm not sure we are in a place footballing wise or financially to replace any that do go with decent signings. Lower league and journey men is where i think we will be shopping and that doesn't mean anything other than a relegation fight. 

Really hope I'm wrong but I am not full of confidence - that probably means will win the play offs if my predictions are anything to go by.

That is an incredibly pessimistic view if you don't mind me saying.

We have signed what looks like 3 fantastic players that are more than ready for the upcoming season, Semenyo's injury could prove a blessing as he is unlikely to be sold now and will only miss the first month of the season.

Massengo is probably off and we may struggle to keep Alex Scott but I don't see it getting any worse than that. Some of the dead weight is already gone reducing the pressure to sell.

Scott (if we keep him), Benarous, Idehen, Bell, Conway et al will all be better for the experience they gained last season.

We looked a much, much better side for the last month or so of last season.

Actually, whilst writing this I have decided we are likely to win the league with over 100 points (or we might finish 7-10th which is what I actually think)

• Like 1

I think the argument of several teams that could finish top ten is bang on. For me, this is a very open and even league. I think there is one real basket case currently in Birmingham and one semi basket case in Reading. At the top it’s only Norwich and WBA who stick out for me. Semenyo missing early doors is a blow, but I retain huge confidence that we both have the ability and mentality to do something good this season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, harrys said:

Glad they don’t rate us, we”ll be a great bet on their handicap betting

I seen that off-mustard, baby shit coloured “H” had posted and thought “oh no, oh no, no, no!”

So relived when the “H” stood for harrys.

Carry on. 

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the argument of several teams that could finish top ten is bang on. For me, this is a very open and even league. I think there is one real basket case currently in Birmingham and one semi basket case in Reading. At the top it’s only Norwich and WBA who stick out for me. Semenyo missing early doors is a blow, but I retain huge confidence that we both have the ability and mentality to do something good this season.

They may be the team that comes on strong in the second half of the season after they sack Bruce at Christmas I suppose.