IGNORED

Jimmy Glass : The Great Escape

phantom

• Admin

Twenty years on from the famous goal for Jimmy Glass, there is a 30 minute special on Sky 

The main reason for the watch, a certain Nigel Pearson was manager of Carlisle at the time. 

Some interesting interviews and footage worth having a look at 

Screenshot_20220622-204749_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20220622-204743_Sky+.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Twenty years on from the famous goal for Jimmy Glass, there is a 30 minute special on Sky 

The main reason for the watch, a certain Nigel Pearson was manager of Carlisle at the time. 

Some interesting interviews and footage worth having a look at 

Screenshot_20220622-204749_Sky+.jpg

Screenshot_20220622-204743_Sky+.jpg

Wasn’t this in 1999?

Its frightening how quickly time flies.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

Before the days when mobile phones were common… I remember Scarborough fans were celebrating survival on the pitch as they thought Carlisle had drawn. It took them a few minutes to realise that they were mistaken. That must have been painful.

Edited by Wanderingred

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Before the days when mobile phones were common… I remember Scarborough fans were celebrating survival on the pitch as they thought Carlisle had drawn. It took them a few minutes to realise that they were mistaken. That must have been painful.

Weren’t Man Utd fans (and players) doing something similar before Aguero’s last minute heroics against QPR?

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Same happened at Bromsgrove in early 90s.

Gloucester City fans celebrating on the pitch, only to be told by the chairman that Farnborough had scored a late equaliser, thus scuppering Tigers' promotion to the conference. Bummer.

Gives me a chance to tell/retell my story about this.

I was working on a training project with Frank Talia's partner who worked in one of the hotel's out at Aztec West. Of course, on our travels we would discuss various aspects including how close he was to signing for us at one time.

Anyway, she told me a few things, Frank and Jimmy apparently had to pay for their own technical coach at Swindon, and that Frank apparently made more money from his coaching schools for kids than he did from the game. I think he runs these back in Oz now too. I asked if he ever fancied himself as an outfield player, she said no, he knew he was rubbish at it, but that Jimmy was always looking for an excuse to get on the outfield in training, and fancied himself as a striker.

This was coming up to the Xmas of "that season", so you can imagine my reaction and how quickly I texted her when I saw this story come up! :)

She replied, "Wishes do come true sometimes, don't they?" :)

• Like 1
  • Flames 1