IGNORED

SKY SPORTS

PHILINFRANCE

Frankly, I am not particularly keen on either of them, but he does have a point.

'You employ a man who spat at a girl from his car!': Matt Le Tissier reveals he questioned why Jamie Carragher can still work for Sky Sports when he was sacked to save their 'reputation' after his Covid rants.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

17 minutes ago, !james said:

Not really, the bloke is an absolute headcase. 

Oh, I agree entirely, but what I just cannot understand is how SKY continued to employ JC after what, by any measure, was a disgusting incident - I appreciate the two are not connected and, of course, SKY have financial implications to consider.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Frankly, I am not particularly keen on either of them, but he does have a point.

'You employ a man who spat at a girl from his car!': Matt Le Tissier reveals he questioned why Jamie Carragher can still work for Sky Sports when he was sacked to save their 'reputation' after his Covid rants.

The incident was was sometime ago and remember Carragher saying at the time that he was seriously concerned that he’d be sacked over it.

Le Tissiers comments are from a bitter and resentful sacked pundit - a classic example of sour grapes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The incident was was sometime ago and remember Carragher saying at the time that he was seriously concerned that he’d be sacked over it.

Le Tissiers comments are from a bitter and resentful sacked pundit - a classic example of sour grapes.

Really! Spitting is a physical  assault which is a criminal offence and should have been charged and sacked for it.

Le Tissiers only made comments what he thought was correct at the time. Sad world we live in to compare the two.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Bannerman said:

Really! Spitting is a physical  assault which is a criminal offence and should have been charged and sacked for it.

Le Tissiers only made comments what he thought was correct at the time. Sad world we live in to compare the two.

He also made many comments on stuff that was obviously incorrect at the time and has made many more since. Never apologiser for anything that's been proven incorrect either. He is so far down the rabbit hole it is pretty sad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bannerman said:

Remember when Diouff (sp) spat at at least two opposition players during a match? Apart from causing an outrage I don’t recall him getting any kind of punishment.

• Like 1

People might not agree with Le Tissier's opinions, but he is entitled to express what he believes.

Free speech is a right which has cost him dearly. However, he has not broken any law.

Carragher, on the other hand, has got off very lightly.

Not surprised Le Tissier raises the question of fairness,

• Like 18
  • Flames 1

Tiss has some interesting perspectives to say the least, I actually have some time for his perspectives - I don't agree with a lot of them but I can see where they are coming from and that is an important place e.g. freedom - what should be held IMHO as more important than life/death.

JC should have been sacked for what he did and if he was 10 years older and less relevant then probably would have been.

• Like 4

Pretty sure Le Tissier was still somewhat mild when he left sky in comparison to now.

I do recall he was publicly questioning the legitimacy of BLM while near the end of his time at sky though, and you know how far sky backed it. 

So maybe partly that? I dunno.