Jump to content
IGNORED

SKY SPORTS


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

For Sky Sports, it is acceptable for an employee to gob on a 14 year old girl as the Carragher/Neville relationship works well and is popular. 

I don't get the supposed popularity of JC among the sky viewers, for me he's the worst summariser on TV, arrogant, interrupts constantly, and has the most grating Scouse whine that causes me to mute the sound on any game where he's the pundit. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why is this topic getting debated 4 years after the incident?……….:dunno:

Likely because Le Tissier has only recently put a video/story out saying he raised the query at the time he was sacked.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

People might not agree with Le Tissier's opinions, but he is entitled to express what he believes.

Free speech is a right which has cost him dearly. However, he has not broken any law.

Carragher, on the other hand, has got off very lightly.

Not surprised Le Tissier raises the question of fairness,

As far as I know nobody has said that Le Tissier isn't entitled to share them. But as much as he has the right to express them, he also has to accept the consequences of doing so.

It's absolutely nothing to do with free speech though. That's about government interference - which hasn't happened in this case.

You're confusing punishment by the state and a private company. They're two separate things.

5 hours ago, Bannerman said:

Really! Spitting is a physical  assault which is a criminal offence and should have been charged and sacked for it.

Le Tissiers only made comments what he thought was correct at the time. Sad world we live in to compare the two.

Thinking you're correct at the time is no kind of defence. When you're saying people dying in hospital are paid actors and comparing masks to the holocaust , those are absolutely ridiculous things to say no matter how much you believe them to be true.

People say and do all kinds of awful things which they think are correct - absolutely laughable reasoning.

The fact he basically doubled down on his ridiculous bollocks, and is now spreading more about the war in Ukraine tells you all you need to know. Good riddance.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, !james said:

He also made many comments on stuff that was obviously incorrect at the time and has made many more since. Never apologiser for anything that's been proven incorrect either. He is so far down the rabbit hole it is pretty sad. 

Are words of opinion more offensive than an adult spitting at a child which could contain any kind of disease? 

Sad world that Le Tiss is this hated, he might be wrong but I respect him for voicing his own opinion, you don't have to like it. Absolute class player as well

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Are words of opinion more offensive than an adult spitting at a child which could contain any kind of disease? 

Sad world that Le Tiss is this hated, he might be wrong but I respect him for voicing his own opinion, you don't have to like it. Absolute class player as well

Gary Neville also voices his political opinion on Twitter as does the climate preaching  Gary Lineker who travels all over the world.  I am sure everyone can choose not to agree with a persons opinion but does that give their employers a reason to sack them @!james

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

As far as I know nobody has said that Le Tissier isn't entitled to share them. But as much as he has the right to express them, he also has to accept the consequences of doing so.

It's absolutely nothing to do with free speech though. That's about government interference - which hasn't happened in this case.

You're confusing punishment by the state and a private company. They're two separate things.

Thinking you're correct at the time is no kind of defence. When you're saying people dying in hospital are paid actors and comparing masks to the holocaust , those are absolutely ridiculous things to say no matter how much you believe them to be true.

People say and do all kinds of awful things which they think are correct - absolutely laughable reasoning.

The fact he basically doubled down on his ridiculous bollocks, and is now spreading more about the war in Ukraine tells you all you need to know. Good riddance.

Your missing the point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Gary Neville also voices his political opinion on Twitter as does the climate preaching  Gary Lineker who travels all over the world.  I am sure everyone can choose not to agree with a persons opinion but does that give their employers a reason to sack them @!james

Neville is a walking hypocrite but he's allowed his opinions. 

Le Tissier however absolutely crucified just for having not such 'cool' views. My respect for him has gone up to be honest, the world would be a sad place if everyone thought the same.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Are words of opinion more offensive than an adult spitting at a child which could contain any kind of disease? 

Sad world that Le Tiss is this hated, he might be wrong but I respect him for voicing his own opinion, you don't have to like it. Absolute class player as well

Sadder world that people earn respect for talking absolute bollocks in my opinion! No idea why voicing an opinion is respect worthy if the opinion is complete tosh. Should be the opposite surely - better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak out and remove all doubt.

6 minutes ago, Bannerman said:

Your missing the point

Thanks for elaborating.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Sadder world that people earn respect for talking absolute bollocks in my opinion! No idea why voicing an opinion is respect worthy if the opinion is complete tosh. Should be the opposite surely - better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak out and remove all doubt.

Thanks for elaborating.

Your welcome 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Sadder world that people earn respect for talking absolute bollocks in my opinion! No idea why voicing an opinion is respect worthy if the opinion is complete tosh. Should be the opposite surely - better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak out and remove all doubt.

That's your opinion though isn't it still. To others they may want to listen, whether they agree or not. 

I'm sure Le Tissier could live a life perfectly fine without voicing his views from the money he received as a pundit and a player. People have asked him to do after dinner speaking and podcasts and he accepts, they ask his views on things and he gives them. Don't like it, don't listen and **** off basically

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

That's your opinion though isn't it still. To others they may want to listen, whether they agree or not. 

I'm sure Le Tissier could live a life perfectly fine without voicing his views from the money he received as a pundit and a player. People have asked him to do after dinner speaking and podcasts and he accepts, they ask his views on things and he gives them. Don't like it, don't listen and **** off basically

I would listen to him if he talked about his football days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Super said:

I would listen to him if he talked about his football days. 

His interview on Undr the cosh recently was good actually. Went in depth about his relationship with Hoddle when he was England manager and after which was interesting 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

That's your opinion though isn't it still. To others they may want to listen, whether they agree or not. 

I'm sure Le Tissier could live a life perfectly fine without voicing his views from the money he received as a pundit and a player. People have asked him to do after dinner speaking and podcasts and he accepts, they ask his views on things and he gives them. Don't like it, don't listen and **** off basically

Well yes obviously it's my opinion. I'm confused as to why you think that needs saying... what were you expecting? I even said "in my opinion" directly there which was a bit of a bloody clue!

Carrager did something absolutely disgusting, was suspended for 6 months or so (I think) but in that time apologised many and was reinstated. I don't like him, but whatever.

Le Tissier compared wearing a mask to the holocaust, said people dying in hospital were paid actors, and much more - then doubled down and continues to spread absolute nonsense and is now playing the victim... and that earns your respect.

That's a weird train of thought for me.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

As far as I know nobody has said that Le Tissier isn't entitled to share them. But as much as he has the right to express them, he also has to accept the consequences of doing so.

It's absolutely nothing to do with free speech though. That's about government interference - which hasn't happened in this case.

You're confusing punishment by the state and a private company. They're two separate things.

Thinking you're correct at the time is no kind of defence. When you're saying people dying in hospital are paid actors and comparing masks to the holocaust , those are absolutely ridiculous things to say no matter how much you believe them to be true.

People say and do all kinds of awful things which they think are correct - absolutely laughable reasoning.

The fact he basically doubled down on his ridiculous bollocks, and is now spreading more about the war in Ukraine tells you all you need to know. Good riddance.

I remember a lot of people on here complaining about his comments on Ukraine, yet none of the same people said a word when this woman was sacked by Ukraine's parliament for exaggerating war crimes... 🤔 

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/w/ukrainian-former-human-rights-chief-admits-promoting-fake-news-to-convince-west-to-send-more-arms

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I remember a lot of people on here complaining about his comments on Ukraine, yet none of the same people said a word when this woman was sacked by Ukraine's parliament for exaggerating war crimes... 🤔 

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/w/ukrainian-former-human-rights-chief-admits-promoting-fake-news-to-convince-west-to-send-more-arms

Wow, a simple post comparing MleT’s inane, irresponsible comments to JC spitting at a young girl has now degenerated in to a comparison with The Morning Star.

Just to be clear, my opening post was intending to say simply that, whilst I agree that MT should have been dropped, I understand his argument that so should JC, for something I consider far worse.

Incidentally, @IAmNick, I admire your restraint.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Atticus said:

Pretty sure Le Tissier was still somewhat mild when he left sky in comparison to now.

I do recall he was publicly questioning the legitimacy of BLM while near the end of his time at sky though, and you know how far sky backed it. 

So maybe partly that? I dunno.

I watched a podcast with Le Tiss earlier, I presume it’s where the OP got his quote from. Le Tiss actually says he got asked to wear the BLM badge 30 seconds before they went live, to which they had to make a quick decision, so he wore it. After the show he said he would not wear it again as he was concerned about that particular organisation ( short story ), but he would wear any other anti racial badge. The was also another story about how he tweeted how coincidental it was that a lot of teams were not publicly declaring their players having Covid, except for those teams that were in the relegation zone or fighting relegation. As if trying to put pressure on the Prem to cancel the season. Believe that particular subject was raised on here. Anyway, apparently one CEO of those clubs wrote to Sky officially complaining. Le Tiss believes he was stating facts. Where as Jamie Carragher broke the law. COYR 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Well yes obviously it's my opinion. I'm confused as to why you think that needs saying... what were you expecting? I even said "in my opinion" directly there which was a bit of a bloody clue!

Carrager did something absolutely disgusting, was suspended for 6 months or so (I think) but in that time apologised many and was reinstated. I don't like him, but whatever.

Le Tissier compared wearing a mask to the holocaust, said people dying in hospital were paid actors, and much more - then doubled down and continues to spread absolute nonsense and is now playing the victim... and that earns your respect.

That's a weird train of thought for me.

It earns my respect in the regard many other high profile individuals think similarly and are not willing to come out and speak up about some of the nonsense rules that were put in place, but instead were cowardly and just went with whatever their company told them to say in fear that they would lose their job and all credibility because of online trolls.

None of what he has said is particularly hateful towards a group of people or is physically harming others, unlike Carragher. Just opinions, like most things I think you say is bollocks and likely you think I say. Makes the world go around

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Wow, a simple post comparing MleT’s inane, irresponsible comments to JC spitting at a young girl has now degenerated in to a comparison with The Morning Star.

Just to be clear, my opening post was intending to say simply that, whilst I agree that MT should have been dropped, I understand his argument that so should JC, for something I consider far worse.

Incidentally, @IAmNick, I admire your restraint.

Fair enough I could have provided better links, still think LeTissier was prejudged on this issue by those who were upset by his previous comments...

https://m.dw.com/en/why-ukraines-human-rights-chief-lyudmila-denisova-was-dismissed/a-62017920

https://www.newsweek.com/lyudmila-denisova-ukraine-commissioner-human-rights-removed-russian-sexual-assault-claims-1711680

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Gary Neville also voices his political opinion on Twitter as does the climate preaching  Gary Lineker who travels all over the world.  I am sure everyone can choose not to agree with a persons opinion but does that give their employers a reason to sack them @!james

Difference being, when was the last time Neville's or Lineker's opinions on Twitter actually endangered the lives of people in our country?

It's probably not even a stretch to claim that Le Tissier's Covid bollocks has indirectly killed someone.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

The incident was was sometime ago and remember Carragher saying at the time that he was seriously concerned that he’d be sacked over it.

Le Tissiers comments are from a bitter and resentful sacked pundit - a classic example of sour grapes.😆

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Sadder world that people earn respect for talking absolute bollocks in my opinion! No idea why voicing an opinion is respect worthy if the opinion is complete tosh. Should be the opposite surely - better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak out and remove all doubt.

Thanks for elaborating.

Hell no! How do you figure out all the different perspectives people have and which ones you agree with if everyone just follows the prevailing perspective. Don't forget there are times in history where people were called fools for suggesting the world was round (no we're not opening up a debate on that). Throughout history time and time again most governments have proven that they will lie and cheat the public to do what they think is best, questioning it and civil disobedience if not given a suitable answer is a necessity - it's tests the systems we build to ensure they aren't fragile and built on lies and deceit.

People that put there thoughts out in public to be shot down are very useful, they provide a mechanism to think about if we have got it wrong or not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Difference being, when was the last time Neville's or Lineker's opinions on Twitter actually endangered the lives of people in our country?

It's probably not even a stretch to claim that Le Tissier's Covid bollocks has indirectly killed someone.

Let's not turn this into a covid discussion, Le Tissier was sacked at the time before a lot of his covid tweets had come out.  See @Simon79 post above which clarifies this.  Le Tiss didn't want to wear the BLM badge but was forced into wearing it and then decided not to wear it again. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

I remember a lot of people on here complaining about his comments on Ukraine, yet none of the same people said a word when this woman was sacked by Ukraine's parliament for exaggerating war crimes... 🤔 

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/w/ukrainian-former-human-rights-chief-admits-promoting-fake-news-to-convince-west-to-send-more-arms

Well yeah are you really surprised people on (what's meant to be) a football forum are more likely to comment on a footballers comments, than a random Ukranian politician?

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

Hell no! How do you figure out all the different perspectives people have and which ones you agree with if everyone just follows the prevailing perspective. Don't forget there are times in history where people were called fools for suggesting the world was round (no we're not opening up a debate on that). Throughout history time and time again most governments have proven that they will lie and cheat the public to do what they think is best, questioning it and civil disobedience if not given a suitable answer is a necessity - it's tests the systems we build to ensure they aren't fragile and built on lies and deceit.

People that put there thoughts out in public to be shot down are very useful, they provide a mechanism to think about if we have got it wrong or not.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply!

Broadly I agree with you of course on civil disobedience, and testing and challenging our systems / power structures.

However, lets not act like Le Tissier is the equivalent of Eratosthenes putting sticks in the ground in 200BC (or whenever it was, I forget) to work out the circumference of the Earth (and proving it was spherical in the process).

There is a lot of very valid criticism of our government's handling of covid, but pretending dying people are actors and comparing masks to the holocaust isn't exactly pushing forward the public discourse and challenging the prevailing perspective in my opinion.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Let's not turn this into a covid discussion, Le Tissier was sacked at the time before a lot of his covid tweets had come out.  See @Simon79 post above which clarifies this.  Le Tiss didn't want to wear the BLM badge but was forced into wearing it and then decided not to wear it again. 

 

He wasn't forced into wearing it, it says in the post above what happened.

And that's also not what he said recently:

"I went into working in the media from 2002 onwards until late August 2020, which was an interesting scenario where I lost my job,” he explained. “Obviously the pandemic started in 2020 in March - and very early on in that I had my doubts as to what was really going on.

"I felt early on there was a massive overreaction to it by the governments. And that's where it all started for me with questioning the narrative and probably ended up with me losing my job at Sky."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/matt-le-tissier-sky-sports-26663928

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18197007/matt-le-tissier-sky-sports-sacked-conspiracy-coronavirus/

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

He wasn't forced into wearing it, it says in the post above what happened.

And that's also not what he said recently:

"I went into working in the media from 2002 onwards until late August 2020, which was an interesting scenario where I lost my job,” he explained. “Obviously the pandemic started in 2020 in March - and very early on in that I had my doubts as to what was really going on.

"I felt early on there was a massive overreaction to it by the governments. And that's where it all started for me with questioning the narrative and probably ended up with me losing my job at Sky."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/matt-le-tissier-sky-sports-26663928

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18197007/matt-le-tissier-sky-sports-sacked-conspiracy-coronavirus/

He wasn't forced into wearing it - That is your opinion..

Quote

 

"So why didn't you wear a black lives matter badge?"

"Well I actually did wear it for one show, we were told we pretty much had to wear it otherwise it wouldn't be very good for us if we didn't"

 

Summarized in the first 30 seconds of this video.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

He wasn't forced into wearing it - That is your opinion..

Eh? It's a fact.

It's  literally what he said - including in your video. He wasn't forced otherwise he wouldn't have had any choice. Encouraged to wear it maybe, but not forced. He could have said no.

It wasn't why he was fired though as he said above, so not sure why it's relevant.

Edited by IAmNick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...