IGNORED

SKY SPORTS

PHILINFRANCE

On 23/06/2022 at 17:26, Bazooka Joe said:

People might not agree with Le Tissier's opinions, but he is entitled to express what he believes.

Free speech is a right which has cost him dearly. However, he has not broken any law.

Carragher, on the other hand, has got off very lightly.

Not surprised Le Tissier raises the question of fairness,

When in life has any thing been fair ?

13 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Let's not turn this into a covid discussion, Le Tissier was sacked at the time before a lot of his covid tweets had come out.  See @Simon79 post above which clarifies this.  Le Tiss didn't want to wear the BLM badge but was forced into wearing it and then decided not to wear it again. 

Not going to get dragged into the BLM discussion but fair enough on the Covid point, I had thought it was after, not before, so fair point.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Well yeah are you really surprised people on (what's meant to be) a football forum are more likely to comment on a footballers comments, than a random Ukranian politician?

Thanks for the thoughtful reply!

Broadly I agree with you of course on civil disobedience, and testing and challenging our systems / power structures.

However, lets not act like Le Tissier is the equivalent of Eratosthenes putting sticks in the ground in 200BC (or whenever it was, I forget) to work out the circumference of the Earth (and proving it was spherical in the process).

There is a lot of very valid criticism of our government's handling of covid, but pretending dying people are actors and comparing masks to the holocaust isn't exactly pushing forward the public discourse and challenging the prevailing perspective in my opinion.

She was the head of their human rights body so not really a random politician, she was the source for a lot of the claims about the thing that LeTissier got in trouble for and now she's been sacked and we are no longer hearing such extreme stories like the ones described in the articles below. None of this registered with those who were quick to judge him in the first place as minds were already made up and still are by the looks of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-before-being-killed-say-doctors-russia-war

https://bdnews24.com/people/2022/04/30/on-the-trail-of-russian-war-crimes

4 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

She was the head of their human rights body so not really a random politician, she was the source for a lot of the claims about the thing that LeTissier got in trouble for and now she's been sacked and we are no longer hearing such extreme stories like the ones described in the articles below. None of this registered with those who were quick to judge him in the first place as minds were already made up and still are by the looks of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-before-being-killed-say-doctors-russia-war

https://bdnews24.com/people/2022/04/30/on-the-trail-of-russian-war-crimes

Am I missing something?

Le Tissier tweeted implying the massacre didn't happen and was invented by the media - pro Russian propaganda.

The lady you've linked was doing the opposite, and exaggerating the claims - so pro Ukrainian propaganda .

How are they related? He tweeted the opposite of what she was saying. Unless you mean he was reacting to her false claims by spreading some other false claims?! I think you're giving him a bit too much benefit of the doubt here if so.

The only thing I can take from this is being easily misled and prone to believing things without doing any research or seeing any evidence is a general trait of his rather than a one off!

Edited by IAmNick

On 23/06/2022 at 14:48, PHILINFRANCE said:

Frankly, I am not particularly keen on either of them, but he does have a point.

'You employ a man who spat at a girl from his car!': Matt Le Tissier reveals he questioned why Jamie Carragher can still work for Sky Sports when he was sacked to save their 'reputation' after his Covid rants.

I don't like Roy Keane as a pundit, always felt wrong that he's seemed to profit from deliberately ending another players career.  There are a few pundits that don't offer much and have questionable pasts. 

Edit: Baba Yaga is about tin hat on. 

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2022 at 22:19, LoyalRed said:

Gary Neville also voices his political opinion on Twitter as does the climate preaching  Gary Lineker who travels all over the world.  I am sure everyone can choose not to agree with a persons opinion but does that give their employers a reason to sack them @!james

I think the difference is these two, even if there is hypocrisy in their words are voicing facts and intelligent opinion. MLT is consistently spouting dangerous and niche conspiracy theories 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I don't like Roy Keane as a pundit, always felt wrong that he's seemed to profit from deliberately ending another players career.  There are a few pundits that don't offer much and have questionable pasts. 

Tin Hat

Nah , Babas traditional and choice of headwear is much more 

E9BF523C-052D-4329-9D56-A0C15F9CAB7C.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He didn’t profit from that,he profited from being a hell of a player that would drag a team over the line,let’s not let one point in his career cloud your judgement 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

After England’s 0-4 home defeat to Hungary he tweeted that fans calling for the resignation of Southgate were “idiots”.

So we have a pundit who spits at children and calls the fans who indirectly pay his wages idiots.

Makes you wonder exactly what he would have to do to get the sack. I’m retired but I know that if I had called my customers idiots and spat at children I wouldn’t have lasted very long.