IGNORED

Planning a trip to see City from Canada

LandOfSticks

17 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

If I was you I'd avoid the Cardiff game. Apart from the ticket issues there are travel and other restrictions because of crowd trouble in the past which doesn't add up to a relaxing day out, not a typical City awayday.

I have to say, credit where it’s due, last season was a very laid back enjoyable day out at Cardiff.

Probably a combination of, a lovely summers day, no pubs anywhere open before kick off and of course we won. But I have to say the policing was spot on, plenty of them around and in my experience all very courteous.

I did miss not having a pre match drink but if it meant so did those who can’t handle it and behave then so be it. 

Once you’ve decided on your week, booked your flights etc, a month or so before is the time to look for tickets .

I for instance can’t always make every game and would happily lend you my SC for a match if I can’t make it.

Some of the hospitality seems to be a bit cheaper this season and is a real good way to meet fellow fans, have a chat, drink and bite to eat.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LandOfSticks said:

@ralphindevon Good to know re: ticket timing. 

The hospitality stuff, are those the VIP Hospitality Packages that can be found on the Ashton Gate site

Yes, the basic Heineken bar packages won’t break the bank and you get some food, a seat, a programme and usually a quick chat from an ex player guest.

1 hour ago, LandOfSticks said:

@ralphindevon Good to know re: ticket timing. 

The hospitality stuff, are those the VIP Hospitality Packages that can be found on the Ashton Gate site

47 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes, the basic Heineken bar packages won’t break the bank and you get some food, a seat, a programme and usually a quick chat from an ex player guest.

Hmmm. Not exactly.

@pongo88 was like your 'funny guy' ?.

I am sure you would enjoy this why not see if the club can offer you an hospitality package, eg a pint in the Merchants Arms followed by a pie from the Clarks Pie van? but you should not consider it as VIP Hospitality ?. Best to check on the Club site.

Good Luck with your trip.