IGNORED

Plymouth away…

BCFC1512

3 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Plymouth - the biggest city in England never to have had a football team play in the top flight.

Even we can't out-moan that one.

Against the biggest City in England never to have a football team play in the “premiership” ?

10 minutes ago, harrys said:

Against the biggest City in England never to have a football team play in the “premiership” ?

God I hate it when that's thrown at us. Football did exist before 1992,and not only that English sides dominated European competition for 25 years without the need of ownership from oil rich foreign oligarchs. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Plymouth - the biggest city in England never to have had a football team play in the top flight.

Before that day when we were Windassed whenever Argyle played Hull they always made a big deal of the game being between the two biggest English cities never to have had a top flight side.

7 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Wakefield is bigger I believe and they've never had a football team in the league.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, harrys said:

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Isn't that a Rugby league ?

It’s also the top division in Scotland - ridiculous how a simple thing like knowing the top division in England is called the “premier league” evades so many ... 

29 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

That would be silly as it's never been called the first divisionship. Premiership might be 20 years out of date but at least it was known as that

Wow! Apologies! When posting my lighthearted response, I obviously didn’t factor in the likely reaction from the humourless ones who truly believed I thought @harrysshould have referred to a past division as ‘the first divisionship’ - when I was making the point that the ‘premiership’ in England doesn’t exist... didn’t think anyone would take it so seriously ... so, again, apologies that I made you take to the keyboard to tell me ‘it would be silly’ ...

• Haha 3