IGNORED

Plymouth away…

BCFC1512

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow! Apologies! When posting my lighthearted response, I obviously didn’t factor in the likely reaction from the humourless ones who truly believed I thought @harrysshould have referred to a past division as ‘the first divisionship’ - when I was making the point that the ‘premiership’ in England doesn’t exist... didn’t think anyone would take it so seriously ... so, again, apologies that I made you take to the keyboard to tell me ‘it would be silly’ ...

It would be silly to apologise, no harm done ?.

• Flames 1

27 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I see there’s an option for choosing specific seats for this game, is this a new thing or just for this game?

Could possibly solve the age old argument of whether it’s sit where you want versus sitting in your allocated seat 

It’s same for Bournemouth 

• Admin
32 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I see there’s an option for choosing specific seats for this game, is this a new thing or just for this game?

Could possibly solve the age old argument of whether it’s sit where you want versus sitting in your allocated seat 

Instinct would say I would expect like many of our league games it is just a way of monitoring the number of tickets sold

BUT, maybe Argyle will actually enforce people sitting in the seats purchased

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Instinct would say I would expect like many of our league games it is just a way of monitoring the number of tickets sold

BUT, maybe Argyle will actually enforce people sitting in the seats purchased

Everywhere sells tickets with seat numbers on and everyone just sits where they want. It's always up to the respective clubs if they want to enforce it isn't it?

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Just bought 2 anyone know best place to park near the ground? Never been before.

If you get there early enough you can park for free at the ground, theres a big council car park out front (Milehouse P&R).

30-40mins before kickoff would probably be more than enough given its preseason.

Last one I rocked up 2mins before and had to get "creative" with my parking spot. 

Edited by redsince1994
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Only 140 left of the 500 allocation. Would suggest purchasing them reasonably swiftly if you wanted to go to this one…

Although I suppose you’d expect the home tens to release more tickets if the demand is there

That is a pretty small allocation, hopefully was just the initial allocation

25 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Any idea where to have a beer pre game, know the area but can't say the pubs are too appealing near by.

There’s a spoons just down the road but like you say ain’t great! I’m hoping the 20 minute walk from train station will lead us to a couple pubs 

38 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Any idea where to have a beer pre game, know the area but can't say the pubs are too appealing near by.

10 min walk up Milehouse Rd will take you into Stoke village, several pubs within 3min walk of each other plus a social club, in case you're wondering i lived in Stoke for almost 30yrs?

http://stokeplymouth.co.uk/category/pubs-and-restaurants/

12 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

There’s a spoons just down the road but like you say ain’t great! I’m hoping the 20 minute walk from train station will lead us to a couple pubs 

Dont wear any colours as they wont let you in, its called the Brit.

You can walk to Stoke village in about 20mins from the station, if you take a slight de-tour there'll be a few on the way or get a bus outside the station that will take to Milehouse

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Just to clear things up a bit ?

Plymouth 250,700

Wakefield 333,564

Saltford 219,200

Thats the population of Wakefield district, the city itself is around 100k.

Bit like Bristol has a district population of over 700k, but the city is around 460k.

45 minutes ago, phantom said:

Being from Newquay I would have looked to you for a bit of "local" knowledge ?

image.png

Also close to this pub, about 2 minutes walk, is an area called Mutley (honest).  There is a Spoons there and a pub called the Fortescue which serves rough cider and real ales.   Loads of takeaways as well.  If weather good I will be heading to Barbican early doors for a couple first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I once cycled from West Harptree to Keynsham via Bishop’s Sutton just to hang out with two girls. 

What exactly were you hanging out,Major.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

10 min walk up Milehouse Rd will take you into Stoke village, several pubs within 3min walk of each other plus a social club, in case you're wondering i lived in Stoke for almost 30yrs?

http://stokeplymouth.co.uk/category/pubs-and-restaurants/

Dont wear any colours as they wont let you in, its called the Brit.

You can walk to Stoke village in about 20mins from the station, if you take a slight de-tour there'll be a few on the way or get a bus outside the station that will take to Milehouse

Spot on cheers