IGNORED

Plymouth away…

BCFC1512

12 hours ago, Jimbo76 said:

I'm taking my 7 year old to his first ever football match on Saturday in Plymouth.

Little does he know that this match could attract or repel him to/from a life as a Bristol City fan.

Never have I felt such responsibility as a parent.

And which way will it go?

Do I get a son that I get to chat all things Bristol City with, for as long as I have my faculties, or does he get to have a positive experience of being a football fan by placing his allegiance elsewhere.

Maybe I should just put his welfare and sanity before my own self interest and tell him it's been called off?

Yeah, right! He's gonna have to suffer like his old man.

Both my sons support other teams, Isewater, the eldest, supports his home town team, Derby County and the youngest supports Newcastle since the days of Keegan, Asprilla, Ginola and company and remains loyal but we still discuss the City as both of them consider the mighty Robins as their second team. 

If I was Pearson I would be a little worried. Having said that he thinks that pre season games are purely about fitness and players getting to know each other, he now finds himself preparing for an away game where around 700 supporters are turning up presumably expecting a performance.

If we don't get a positive result I am awaiting the "woe is me" type knee jerk reactions on here.

We've already had a few from the Pompey game that clearly had no real value considering the fact the game length didn't match the rules of a normal game and the opposition ended up with a team that had half of our players playing for them.

The Managements expectations don't seem to match up to those of the fans.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Both my sons support other teams, Isewater, the eldest, supports his home town team, Derby County and the youngest supports Newcastle since the days of Keegan, Asprilla, Ginola and company and remains loyal but we still discuss the City as both of them consider the mighty Robins as their second team. 

That must be grounds to dis-inherit them!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

If I was Pearson I would be a little worried. Having said that he thinks that pre season games are purely about fitness and players getting to know each other, he now finds himself preparing for an away game where around 700 supporters are turning up presumably expecting a performance.

If we don't get a positive result I am awaiting the "woe is me" type knee jerk reactions on here.

We've already had a few from the Pompey game that clearly had no real value considering the fact the game length didn't match the rules of a normal game and the opposition ended up with a team that had half of our players playing for them.

The Managements expectations don't seem to match up to those of the fans.

Have you been drinking? This is waffle. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Fiver paid, roll on 3pm.

I've managed to get charged twice, so I'm currently on the hook for a tenner. But on the plus side I have two passes for the game under my account :(. Maybe I can watch it in 3D or something. Where are those glasss?

I think there must be is a flaw in how streamamg process paypal payments if you cancel out of the payment at the paypal end, and resubmit again from the subscription page, because the exact same thing happened to me last season when I brought the City 3 game friendly package. And I only cancelled out because the charge on the paypal end was showing as "£1" when I knew it should be "£5", so I wondered whether I was buying audio only or something.

And I've got the same type of useless automated response I got last year to my request to cancel the duplicate pass. And I got an automated reply to my reply to the automated reply. Argh.

At least it's not the Rovers I'm giving my money to.

16 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I've managed to get charged twice, so I'm currently on the hook for a tenner. But on the plus side I have two passes for the game under my account :(. Maybe I can watch it in 3D or something. Where are those glasss?

I think there must be is a flaw in how streamamg process paypal payments if you cancel out of the payment at the paypal end, and resubmit again from the subscription page, because the exact same thing happened to me last season when I brought the City 3 game friendly package. And I only cancelled out because the charge on the paypal end was showing as "£1" when I knew it should be "£5", so I wondered whether I was buying audio only or something.

And I've got the same type of useless automated response I got last year to my request to cancel the duplicate pass. And I got an automated reply to my reply to the automated reply. Argh.

At least it's not the Rovers I'm giving my money to.

If you read their streaming FAQ, it says there is a fault re double charging…so I’d email them before k/o.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you read their streaming FAQ, it says there is a fault re double charging…so I’d email them before k/o.

Thanks Fevs. You mean this, right?

"Please note that our website partner is working on a fix which will ensure that supporters cannot purchase the same match stream twice – and this will be in place in the coming days."

As the article referenced was posted "11 March" (no idea what year!), this should have been fixed by now. And it might be for accidental second purchases through the subscription page. But I only completed the payment process once, so I guess any fix doesn't cover their coding/back end errors. Anyway they have an email from me (even if they won't answer it) and I can open a dispute with paypal if no action is taken.

Time to forget about it and enjoy the game!

Cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Disappointed not to see Naismith included today - got a knock or being given a rest?

1 minute ago, Hocca said:

Any reason why a lot of the senior players aren’t in the squad at all?

All about managing minutes I suppose.