IGNORED

Steve Lansdown interview

Red Army 75

Not going to do a tough interview at this time of year and potentially upset the ST sales.

As always with SL a positive outlook with an acceptance that we aren't where we want to be. At least this season he isn't talking about getting promoted other than in the context of aiming for it alongside 23 other teams that are also aiming for it and some having extremely better financial positions than us.

3 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Utter waste of time. Twenty odd years of his stewardship and what have we got? SL grinning like the village idiot as his" legacy" is being polished by pop concerts. festivals etc., to leave him even wealthier when he finally sells up.

Oh, football, is that the game with the round ball or the oval ball, just asking? Not that interested to be honest, produces nothing for my future wealth increase

I just thank God every night, that I had a spare bedroom. I was at least bright enough to see the possibilities and grabbed onto Peter Hargreaves shirt tail. Who says an accountant (qualified?) is the dullest bloke on the planet and will empty the pub in under five minutes? Peter stays in Somerset and pays his full UK taxes, Sap. It's lovely in Guernsey. Am thinking of having Davefevs and some of his sycophantic disciples over for a day or two

Are you okay honey?

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

8 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Utter waste of time. Twenty odd years of his stewardship and what have we got? SL grinning like the village idiot as his" legacy" is being polished by pop concerts. festivals etc., to leave him even wealthier when he finally sells up.

Oh, football, is that the game with the round ball or the oval ball, just asking? Not that interested to be honest, produces nothing for my future wealth increase

I just thank God every night, that I had a spare bedroom. I was at least bright enough to see the possibilities and grabbed onto Peter Hargreaves shirt tail. Who says an accountant (qualified?) is the dullest bloke on the planet and will empty the pub in under five minutes? Peter stays in Somerset and pays his full UK taxes, Sap. It's lovely in Guernsey. Am thinking of having Davefevs and some of his sycophantic disciples over for a day or two

....and what have you done???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jayjay said:

I honestly don't think that Davefevs is a sycophantic. I cannot recall him ever saying he's an Alfred Hitchcock fan.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

You didn’t sell your third part shares when HL first started , for about £40 did you ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

The first paragraph I kind of see where you're going, it's an overstep but there is a grain of truth in it. The rest - you've completely lost me.

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs 
There are a lot of shady people on that list. People who’ve owned clubs for a lot lesser time and ripped clubs apart, driving them to financial ruin and allowing stadiums to decay and need desperate TLC. 

Bristol Sport might have income generated through non footballing streams these days but as a whole, it makes it a more attractive purchase than some ramshackle club without any decent infrastructure or off pitch setup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

And….I’m spent 

2 hours ago, jayjay said:

@Davefevswelcome to the top 10 tenuous links of all time list ?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Obvious pre structured questions for Steve to have time to get his PA to assist him on responses. Typical interview with nothing new. One thing though I do admire him and he is great for the club and he has great asperations like we do for future success.

9 hours ago, jayjay said:

Jayjay are you Peter Hargreaves’s?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

10 hours ago, jayjay said:

Someone's tired.

7 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I am a critic of SL and his decisions . MA and LJ were the worse one by a country mile . But . I cannot say one bad word about the level of financial commitment or the honourable paying of our debts . He just spent  a huge amount of money badly . He now has in Gould and Pearson ( plus Tinnion ) people who are very able and professional . He will do well to support them as we are finally in the hands of people who have ability . 

SL is a great guy , lost his compass , lost his direction . But he is not a Mel Morris and he ultimately wants a successful Bristol City . He is now finding a competent team and should go with it , as it will make BCFC a far better club .

basically he bought into a fraud , invested in a BS scheme . He now has an authentic strategy , that will , no doubt , deliver progress . 

Excellent post Billy - a spot on summary.

No doubt at all that SL has made some poor decisions particularly with who he’s appointed in senior positions but that’s the nature of being the main man.

Hopefully he’s got it right this time with the appointment of Nige and RG, both are impressive guys.

I’m looking forward to this coming season with more optimism than is usual.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jayjay said:

What baffles me is how some people criticise the same bloke for

a) wasting millions of pounds on players’ wages and transfer fees, resulting in huge losses 

and 

b) having a devilish master plan to buy a football club to further enrich himself.

I mean, it would have been a lot easier to get into property development somewhere without a loss making football team snd stadium!

• Like 3

This is probably the first time I actually don't care what he has to say, after ashton, he's got alot to do to win back my trust,

I'm still thankful for the financial backing but, the damage that ashton did will sit with me for a long time,

Thay and I'm turning into a bitter old man 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

This is probably the first time I actually don't care what he has to say, after ashton, he's got alot to do to win back my trust,

I'm still thankful for the financial backing but, the damage that ashton did will sit with me for a long time,

Thay and I'm turning into a bitter old man 

I lost it a long time ago, they guy and his entourage speak with a forked tongue.  

15 hours ago, jayjay said:

Fantastic rant, magnificent. More entertainment in that than all of last night's Glasto coverage.

• Haha 2

Two things from the interview for me, the first he said something like transfer fees are over for championship clubs - only the PL clubs can afford to spend money. The second when asked if he was still excited about the forthcoming season he admitted he was a bit 'blase'.

Whilst the first is obvious for us due to our financial and ffp situation even if that position was better I do believe he's seriously pissed off with seeing Diediou, Palmer, Patterson, Walsh etc, even COD leave for nothing when in all those cases his expectation was for those players to develop, improve, and move on for profit a la Kodjia. 

On the second he genuinely seemed more enthused by the concert and the utilisation of the stadium financially than the upcoming season..... perhaps he was an Elton fan boy as a young man 

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

What baffles me is how some people criticise the same bloke for

a) wasting millions of pounds on players’ wages and transfer fees, resulting in huge losses 

and 

b) having a devilish master plan to buy a football club to further enrich himself.

I mean, it would have been a lot easier to get into property development somewhere without a loss making football team snd stadium!

Has anyone told the Clowes family this.

40 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Two things from the interview for me, the first he said something like transfer fees are over for championship clubs - only the PL clubs can afford to spend money. The second when asked if he was still excited about the forthcoming season he admitted he was a bit 'blase'.

Whilst the first is obvious for us due to our financial and ffp situation even if that position was better I do believe he's seriously pissed off with seeing Diediou, Palmer, Patterson, Walsh etc, even COD leave for nothing when in all those cases his expectation was for those players to develop, improve, and move on for profit a la Kodjia. 

On the second he genuinely seemed more enthused by the concert and the utilisation of the stadium financially than the upcoming season..... perhaps he was an Elton fan boy as a young man 

He’s the captain of the ship and if losses have occurred on his watch then he should take the wrap for it. Much of this mess is Ashton’s making and SL recruited and employed him. That’s on him.

I’ve not watched the interview but if he’s genuinely said he’s ‘blasé’ about the season then it’s time he sold up and went. We don’t need an owner who is blasé about his most high profile sporting asset. And it’s actually quite demeaning to the thousands who’ve shelled out again in a huge cost of living crisis. I’m actually high blasé to his leadership and tenure at city.  He’s managed to polish a turd (the ground (maybe the HPC) and hats off to him for that) but there little else to show for it.  

And as for concerts and all the other nonsense- if that now floats his boat then it speaks to diminished interest in city more generally. 

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 2