IGNORED

It’s not the away kit

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

Hope we don’t wear it against Hull Away first game…

Assuming we have a white away kit you could feasibly see all 3 kits in the first 3 games:

Away kit v Hull

Home kit at home to Sunderland (assuming they've a sensible away or 3rd kit as the don't seem to have released them)

Third kit v Coventry in the League Cup

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Assuming we have a white away kit you could feasibly see all 3 kits in the first 3 games:

Away kit v Hull

Home kit at home to Sunderland (assuming they've a sensible away or 3rd kit as the don't seem to have released them)

Not reckon we have a purple shirt again?

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why would we need the third kit if that was the case? It, along with the red first kit, doesn't clash with anyone, maybe Burnley away?

Boro and Rotherham would be tricky. Wearing this third kit in the Argyle friendly would be bad as well.

Just now, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

We had a red black and purple last season, only going off last seasons kits!

Yeh, and had lots of issues for colourblind fans.

• Hmmm 1

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Away kit v Hull

Wouldn't we wear red against Hull and v Cov? 

It used to be first and change kit, has that changed? Honest question.

I don't get the point of a 3rd kit tbh.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'd hoped for something more exciting than a so-so third kit. Given that City now seem to like some sort of theme their shirts what does grey and orange represent? Having a tango on a foggy day. 

The orange is a nod to Luton, thanking them for Naismith 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

That's bloody gorgeous ?

Erm, have you reached puberty yet supersonic, with all possible respect? ?

'Gorgeous' is a word used for beautiful ladies, Dannii Minogue is gorgeous, Kathryn Jenkins is gorgeous.

This is a shirt! ?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I like it a lot , we have produced consistently good away kits for a few years now, 

It's nice to see something different, I hope we use it more than the rumoured white 2nd kit, 

There are quite a few red and white teams with the promotion of Sunderland and Rotherham (although we lost Barnsley), so I imagine we'll see it for at least 5/6 away games at minimum - especially if the away is white as expected.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

Going to sound a bit like Lee ‘Mr 1%’ Johnson here, but I do hope we undertake some scientific research into kit colours and ability of players to pick out colleagues on the pitch. Micro-seconds count at Championship level. 

I get it works both ways and our players maybe harder to pick out by opponents, plus we’ve a splash of orange, but wouldn’t want to sacrifice points for ‘fashion’.  Maybe it’s just memories of Fergie and that Man U kit change at half-time away at Soton! 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Going to sound a bit like Lee ‘Mr 1%’ Johnson here, but I do hope we undertake some scientific research into kit colours and ability of players to pick out colleagues on the pitch. Micro-seconds count at Championship level. 

I get it works both ways and our players maybe harder to pick out by opponents, plus we’ve a splash of orange, but wouldn’t want to sacrifice points for ‘fashion’.  Maybe it’s just memories of Fergie and that Man U kit change at half-time away at Soton! 

Yepp, also part of the reason why I like the bright/busy goalkeeper kits that (theoretically) give a goalkeeper a small advantage by making him look bigger to a striker.

As much as some fans accuse LJ of talking rubbish, the concept of marginal gains is very valid one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Yepp, also part of the reason why I like the bright/busy goalkeeper kits that (theoretically) give a goalkeeper a small advantage by making him look bigger to a striker.

As much as some fans accuse LJ of talking rubbish, the concept of marginal gains is very valid one.

Think the problem with Lee was he focused too much on the marginal gains and overlooked the fundamentals unfortunately!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why would we need the third kit if that was the case? It, along with the red first kit, doesn't clash with anyone, maybe Burnley away?

Wouldn't they make one just for more money? I've never really thought about 3rd jersey logistics outside of the NHL which has a well defined white/dark home/away structure and uses 3rd jerseys as extra revenue

Edited by LandOfSticks
  • Like 1