IGNORED

It’s not the away kit

Red Army 75

25 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Think the problem with Lee was he focused too much on the marginal gains and overlooked the fundamentals unfortunately!

Pretty much exactly this in my opinion, focused on the 1s and 2%s and forgot about the 90%.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cardy said:

It’s beautiful. It’s a footie shirt that doesn’t look like a footie shirt - perfect for wearing out & about.

If they had done the home shirt in that same template with red middle & white sleeves it would have been far better than the collared version we have ended up with. 

Perhaps they'll use the design on this 3rd kit as a test for next seasons home  kit. It would certainly be different from the 'normal' designs of other clubs.

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Isn’t a 3rd kit for messing about with though?

I’m sure back in the early 90’s there would have been people saying what has purple and lime got to do with Bristol City.

And will look good with a pair of black jeans...sorry I'm going a bit Gok Wan now.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Erm, have you reached puberty yet supersonic, with all possible respect? ?

'Gorgeous' is a word used for beautiful ladies, Dannii Minogue is gorgeous, Kathryn Jenkins is gorgeous.

This is a shirt! ?

Have you considered they were not talking about the kit...

• Hmmm 1

On 24/06/2022 at 17:23, Dynamite Red said:

3895.jpg

I realise that sharing feedback on shirts matters very little to most people - but a) I've slagged off the club's merchandise a few times down the years so it's only fair to give credit and b) there will be those who like me see all the club's marketing and (at these sorts of prices) are still suspicious on past form of the actual product they receive and want to hear real world feedback. 

And so here's mine: I got this shirt. Haven't had a City shirt for quite a few seasons as have hated almost all of them (Hummel's training gear much nicer) but living in London surrounded by every club under the sun and a culture of wearing football shirts around East and South London it's quite nice to have a top for my club instead. And this one is absolutely beautifully produced.

It's probably about the best City shirt I've ever bought. Production quality is top notch, the fit is great, the colours and the pattern all just work, it looks great with a pair of dark jeans in a way blokes in football tops rarely do. I was wearing it coming back last night through Shoreditch (hipster central) and on the East London Line night tube and multiple people wanted to ask about it.

Fair play to whoever designed it or came up with the concept - I love it and non-City randoms seem to too. It catches the eye without being garish, in reality it is quite minimalist and subtle using just overlaid shades of grey with the bare minimum of dark orange, so the pattern "does all the work". I didn't think I'd be providing feedback on a City shirt but here we are. It's that good. ?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1