IGNORED

Friendly v Chippenham

ChippenhamRed

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

It'll be a trot round the paddock for some of the u23s. Id go! 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Can only assume with 2 other first team games earlier that day, this will be an u23 / Academy game.

Oh. Well that’s a bit disappointing. And a bit sneaky by Chippenham Town, who haven’t mentioned that at all.

Still, I’ll go!

• Like 1

Just wondered if anyone’s going to this on Tuesday night?

Also does anyone have any insight on what the team might be - it’s still not being promoted as an U23 game by Chippenham (some of their other friendlies are) but I’m aware we’re playing at the HPC earlier in the day. I asked Jerry on twitter and he didn’t know!

Even wondering if it might be off due to the heat…

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just wondered if anyone’s going to this on Tuesday night?

Also does anyone have any insight on what the team might be - it’s still not being promoted as an U23 game by Chippenham (some of their other friendlies are) but I’m aware we’re playing at the HPC earlier in the day. I asked Jerry on twitter and he didn’t know!

Even wondering if it might be off due to the heat…

Chippenham appear to be promoting it as a bit of a charity affiliation with the Ben Saunders foundation and inviting the Wembley legends as guests I see, perhaps they’re being coy with the strength of the team to get a bigger crowd.

That said we played the under 23s when I was there at Park (effectively their reserves) and it was clearly advertised as an u23 squad.

I had the pleasure of marking Saikou Janneh! 

• Like 2

Yeah City are doubling up on fixtures on Tuesday already FGR and Exeter, no way its a first team and if anything some of the 23's may be with the first team to cover two games so may be a slightly weaker 23's team at Chippenham

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Chippenham appear to be promoting it as a bit of a charity affiliation with the Ben Saunders foundation and inviting the Wembley legends as guests I see, perhaps they’re being coy with the strength of the team to get a bigger crowd.

That said we played the under 23s when I was there at Park (effectively their reserves) and it was clearly advertised as an u23 squad.

A brilliant foundation it is to 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Where did you see this? All I’ve seen is it being advertised as a game v Bristol City - no hint about youth teams, U23 or charity matches!

8 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Is there a list of u23 fixtures anywhere (the club don't seem to promote them for some reason) tempted to go tonight but didn't know if there were any closer fixtures next week? thanks.

Not yet, but they will be on the OS once announced.

They never / rarely seems to be much announcement of u23 friendlies, which is what you were getting at.

Definitely something club could improve.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not yet, but they will be on the OS once announced.

They never / rarely seems to be much announcement of u23 friendlies, which is what you were getting at.

Definitely something club could improve.

Yeah U23's friendlies mainly, seems odd we don't help promote local clubs via these fixtures especially as tonight's is for charity. One tweet might get a few extra on the gate? I usually go to the Yate Town one but away on holiday this year so was looking for an alternative game to go to with my son as the club seem to have forgotten most people work/at school in July during the day? 

On 24/06/2022 at 20:55, bcfc01 said:

July 19th;

Forest Green @ 14.00

Exeter @ 16.30

Chippenham @ 19.30

I would think the first two are a squad mix and Chippenham the academy squad.

So with the Yate game, that is 4 fixtures in one day.

Meanwhile  Pep and Jurgen burst into tears when they have 3 games in a week for their multi million pound squads of 50.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn’t go tonight. Mainly because it was a ballache trying to fit it around family commitments this week (wife has Covid), but also because no one seemed to want to be up front about who we’d actually be watching and it became pretty obvious it wasn’t going to be anything close to the first team.

Edit: to be clear that’s a criticism of Chippenham and City, not you lot!

Edited by ChippenhamRed