IGNORED

England v Netherlands

E.G.Red

Doing multi-tasking, took about 10 minutes to cheer for the right side. Thought it odd listening to the crowd that the Dutch had appeared to have travelled in numbers for a friendly match!

Some of our play, particularly ball control and movement has been excellent in the second half. The fourth goal was something special; some anticipation, power, balance and precision from that player. Entertainment far exceeds that of the men’s national side. Bravo. 

Alright, it's a friendly and not a game to make many judgements about but the England squad seems to have a lot of talent and depth at the business end of the field. That does look promising for the real matches coming soon. Home advantage will be another help and so I reckon this might be the platform to be winners - something the men came so close to last year. Maybe the Lionesses will bring football home.

Ist half was a little sloppy but yet again the Lionesses 2nd half performance was superb. If we can get Lauren Hemp on the ball she has periods of the game where she's untouchable. There is such strength in depth as shown by likes of Toon, Mead, Stanway and Roussouw tonight. Provided they all stay fit then this England side really could lift the trophy. 

Anyone here going to any Womens Euros matches?

My son and I have tickets for the opening match at Old Trafford - England v Austria. Nice day out for us at a big stadium and excellent value - £15 for me, £7.50 for him (age 11).

Never been to a women’s match in person before, looking forward to seeing how it compares.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone here going to any Womens Euros matches?

My son and I have tickets for the opening match at Old Trafford - England v Austria. Nice day out for us at a big stadium and excellent value - £15 for me, £7.50 for him (age 11).

Never been to a women’s match in person before, looking forward to seeing how it compares.

I’ve got a ticket to final.