IGNORED

Bakinson Joins Sheffield Wednesday - Official

GrahamC

36 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Thing is, whilst Bakinson can obviously play, his career is clearly over here as long as Pearson remains the manager. He burned his bridges and then failed to do enough on loan in League One to get a move. I don't think it fair for me to speculate on his attitude as I don't know him or exactly what happened but ultimately it does neither him nor us any good for him to be kicking his heels in the under-23s so I think a move would be great news all round. 

Agreed although burned his bridges not just with Pearson with the fans too on Instagram. 

Great news, hope it wraps nice and quickly. We won't be asking for much, so as long as Wednesday don't try and fully take the piss this should be a goer. 

On Bakinson, he has it in him to excel somewhere. I remember at the start of the Holden/Pearson season he was instrumental in our good start, a powerful frame in holding midfield iirc. But he's clearly got a personality that doesn't click with Nige's philosophy, and that isn't in the spirit of what's being built here. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Just incase SWFC read here, it will be a real shame to lose him. Great player. Great engine, eye for a pass and pops up with goals. 
More importantly they wont find a more hard working CM in the entire football league!!

Do you work in sales? :laugh:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/312280-tyrreq-bakinson/#comments

"Good in the air"  :laughcont:

Seriously, he has a good future if he can knuckle down and get his arse off the bed in the morning.

If he goes to Wednesday, it'll be a great move for him and I hope he grabs the chance with both hands - big club, great support, what the hell are they doing in L1 ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Good move for him, huge club, and a chance for a restart. Another out the door. Well done Gould. 

Yes. I think you have nailed that. I’m not sure to what extent these departures are due to shopping around/proactive canvassing, but I think credit has to go somewhere. Moore and Bakinson have good moves either as loans to the end of their contract or sales. It seems relatively obvious that OLeary is in the frame when the new bloke is fit. At the beginning of last season we had already seen a massive out going and this is following on that. My personal opinion is we are putting together a counter attacking team in Pearson’s image, a proper DNA metaphor rather than the Ashton LJ bollocks!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/312280-tyrreq-bakinson/#comments

"Good in the air"  :laughcont:

Seriously, he has a good future if he can knuckle down and get his arse off the bed in the morning.

If he goes to Wednesday, it'll be a great move for him and I hope he grabs the chance with both hands - big club, great support, what the hell are they doing in L1 ?

Because they played the violins too much!

52 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And we only had 10 men. And didn't lose. No wonder they were relegated, must have been proper shite that season! We've all been there, mind. 

We were only down to ten men thanks to an unbelievably shit decision by the ref, who sent off Henri Lansbury for handball when he got nowhere near it.

Fortunately Barry Bannan took a shite penalty & we got what was one of very few points in the last 12 games of that season.

Think considering the awful run we were on that was the game that effectively relegated them.

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And we only had 10 men. And didn't lose. No wonder they were relegated, must have been proper shite that season! We've all been there, mind. 

Proper shite?!? You've had it easy!

I remember, well, when I say remember I mean wince, when we had a tall, quick and commanding centre back partnership.  . . No, actually it was Mark Shail AND Stuart Munro as a centre back partnership not tall, not quick and certainly not commanding, away at Stoke's old Victoria Ground. We were proper steaming shite that season. Anyway after witnessing countless turgid performances that season we actually went 1:0 up and away from home as well! Cue me and my mate laughing helplessly rolling about the terrace. Normal service resumed shortly afterwards though. Mercifully I've forgotten the score.

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

Proper shite?!? You've had it easy!

I remember, well, when I say remember I mean wince, when we had a tall, quick and commanding centre back partnership.  . . No, actually it was Mark Shail AND Stuart Munro as a centre back partnership not tall, not quick and certainly not commanding, away at Stoke's old Victoria Ground. We were proper steaming shite that season. Anyway after witnessing countless turgid performances that season we actually went 1:0 up and away from home as well! Cue me and my mate laughing helplessly rolling about the terrace. Normal service resumed shortly afterwards though. Mercifully I've forgotten the score.

Wednesday were proper shite. 

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Any idea on the fee to go to Sheff W? How much are we paying them? ?

In all seriousness is there a fee due for him? No idea on his contract status.

I’d expect / hope it’s a free transfer with a sell on %?

Shame it has not worked out here, as certainly got the talent and one of the best we had at picking a quick ball forward. Was initially in NPs plans, but something must have been said during the bust up that left him no way back.

Obviously has flaws to his game or maybe attitude, hope he can see the error of his ways, goes on to be worth a lot of money which we get a healthy cut of.

• Like 3