IGNORED

Bakinson Joins Sheffield Wednesday - Official

GrahamC

I can’t see him turning up trees wherever his career might take him as his attitude is all wrong. He certainly did look a good player at times with all the attributes of solid midfielder but most of the time he was anonymous other than a body language that suggested he’d given up. 

• Like 1

• Admin
14 minutes ago, redapple said:

I can’t see him turning up trees wherever his career might take him as his attitude is all wrong. He certainly did look a good player at times with all the attributes of solid midfielder but most of the time he was anonymous other than a body language that suggested he’d given up. 

I guess there's a chance one Manager could get the best out of him

Odriscoll was similar with JET, no other Manager got him performing to his potential 

22 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Shame it has not worked out here, as certainly got the talent and one of the best we had at picking a quick ball forward. Was initially in NPs plans, but something must have been said during the bust up that left him no way back.

Obviously has flaws to his game or maybe attitude, hope he can see the error of his ways, goes on to be worth a lot of money which we get a healthy cut of.

I'm not sure if the part about passing is true? He tries a lot of forward balls but has a pretty low success rate when doing so, giving the ball away quite a bit.

I'm sure someone has the stats to prove me wrong tho!

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

I'm not sure if the part about passing is true? He tries a lot of forward balls but has a pretty low success rate when doing so, giving the ball away quite a bit.

Yeah much better to have someone who knocks it sideways and backwards and does not give if away, but dull as dishwater.

The thing I liked about TB he would know where the pass was going before he got the ball, has very good awareness of players and not having to stop so able to move it quickly. Of course forward or quick balls are going to be more risky, sometimes they fail due to being a poor pass, sometimes the pass is good but not read by the receiver or just good interception by the defence.

This is where I thought he was good but needed to improve the rest of his game 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaveF said:

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Yeah much better to have someone who knocks it sideways and backwards and does not give if away, but dull as dishwater.

The thing I liked about TB he would know where the pass was going before he got the ball, has very good awareness of players and not having to stop so able to move it quickly. Of course forward or quick balls are going to be more risky, sometimes they fail due to being a poor pass, sometimes the pass is good but not read by the receiver or just good interception by the defence.

Fight it out the pair of you!

1F839B9B-38F4-499B-9459-1B7D41DCF1E0.jpeg

60A1C677-77C0-4F3D-AD59-76BDC1FDC5B5.jpeg

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Picking up on the pedantry theme …

… it’s ditchwater, not dishwater! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imo...Bakinson could have all the talent in the world, but they'd still get rid of him.

The likes of Palmer and Taylor weren't in NPs long term plans, but as far as I know, they weren't banished to train with the youth.

Why keep a talented player away from the first team? 

I feel sorry for those who have to train with him and any players at other clubs who have to share time with him.

Attitude, interests, bad influence...of course some will disagree...but hey ho.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

Imo...Bakinson could have all the talent in the world, but they'd still get rid of him.

The likes of Palmer and Taylor weren't in NPs long term plans, but as far as I know, they weren't banished to train with the youth.

I feel sorry for those who have to train with him and any players at other clubs who have to share time with him.

Think the term “saps energy” was the term used by Nige.

I get the impression he’d been given more than one chance to change and didn’t take it.

I’d rather he wasn’t imparting this on the u23s either, but hey-ho. 

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

there’s two sides to every story !

According to the Bristol Post, "Tyreeq Bakinson is inching his way closer to the exit door as he closes in on a move to Sheffield Wednesday on a permanent transfer", can anyone solve the following maths riddle?

Given that the distance from the HPC to Middlewood Road (Sheffield Wednesday's training ground) is 140 miles, and that Tyreeq Bakinson travels half the distance from the HPC to Middlewood Road on the first day, and half the outstanding distance on each subsequent day (so on day 1 Tyreeq travels 70 miles, on day 2, 35 miles, etc),

(a) how far away from Middlewood Road is Tyreeq at the end of his 5th day of travel; [2 marks]

(b) at the end of what day does Tyreeq arrive at Middlewood Road? [2 marks]

Show your working.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think the term “saps energy” was the term used by Nige.

I get the impression he’d been given more than one chance to change and didn’t take it.

I’d rather he wasn’t imparting this on the u23s either, but hey-ho. 

I think that's the biggest problem. His direct influence on players around him. 

I'd have him training on his own away from everyone. 

8 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

there’s two sides to every story !

Of course there is...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

According to the Bristol Post, "Tyreeq Bakinson is inching his way closer to the exit door as he closes in on a move to Sheffield Wednesday on a permanent transfer", can anyone solve the following maths riddle?

Given that the distance from the HPC to Middlewood Road (Sheffield Wednesday's training ground) is 140 miles, and that Tyreeq Bakinson travels half the distance from the HPC to Middlewood Road on the first day, and half the outstanding distance on each subsequent day (so on day 1 Tyreeq travels 70 miles, on day 2, 35 miles, etc),

(a) how far away from Middlewood Road is Tyreeq at the end of his 5th day of travel; [2 marks]

Show your working.

1) I haven`t got my calculator

2) Never if he only does half the remaining distance each day.

54 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Show your working.

The correct answer is:

it doesn’t matter because there are plenty of offers to drive him there ourselves ???

• Haha 4

I can already imagine Sheffield Wednesdays comments upon completing the signing...

"Sheffield Wednesday are delighted to confirm the signing of Tyreeq Bakinson from Bristol City on a 3 year deal. 

Upon registering our early interest, we received 25,000 glowing references from Bristol City fans emphasising the talent of the player. 

Robins manager Nigel Pearson followed this up by stating 'words fail to describe him'."

Another one hopefully out the door, as we move towards the end of Nige's rebuild. The squad is finally starting to look like one that Nige wants himself and can take ownership of. Our business is looking good for both incomings and outgoings this summer.

Players that want to be here, and play for the badge. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

9 players out of contract next summer so tons of work yet to do. Won't see Pearson's own team for at least another 12 month. 

By no means the finished product, but we are certainly now well advanced in regards to getting rid of the players Nige doesn't want. 

Now the next step is retaining the ones Nige wants to stay. Whilst having to do so on reduced terms. 

We are in a much better place than we were when he first took over.

Positivity has returned to the club. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

By no means the finished product, but we are certainly now well advanced in regards to getting rid of the players Nige doesn't want. 

Now the next step is retaining the ones Nige wants to stay. Whilst having to do so on reduced terms. 

Certainly feels more like a Nige squad 3 windows in (3rd window still open).

Tanner, Wilson, Klose, Naismith, Atkinson, Pring, Scott, James, Sykes, King, Idehen, Benarous either signed or given their chance.

Hes getting there.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

A very good point, and Good Luck to NP, RG and the rest of the management team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Show your working.

Ooh. I like these.

Day 1 - 70 miles, day 2 - 35 miles, day 3 - 17.5 miles, day 4 - 8.75 miles, day 5 - 4.375 miles. Total travelled 135.625 miles so approx 4.375 miles away.

If therefore, Ty kept even the effort up of his fifth day he makes it on day 6. However, in common with him in life he’s started off well and believed he’d made it, so the performance has tailed off dramatically. 

That means the following (sticking to 3dp)

Day 6 he’s gone 2.187 miles - has 2.188 remaining (rounding distance travelled down in view of Tys reducing effort)

Day 7 he’s gone 1.094 miles - has the same left

Day 8 he’s gone 0.547 miles - has the same left

Day 9 he’s gone 0.273 miles - has 0.274 left

Day 10 he’s gone 0.137 miles - has the same left

So literally at the end of day 10 he just needs to raise enough of an effort to get from the equivalent of the exit of Grenville Smyth park to the ground. However, nobody thinks he’s doing that so the sad charade carries on into day 11 (0.069 left), day 12 (0.035 left), day 13 (0.018), day 14 (0.009), day 15 (0.005), day 16 (0.003), day 17 (0.002) and day 18 (0.001) until he finally arrives at day 19 and just as he is outside the gates is run over by a forum member who has turned up for his bi-annual **** over Barry Bannan.

4 Points.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 13
  • Flames 3

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ooh. I like these.

Day 1 - 70 miles, day 2 - 35 miles, day 3 - 17.5 miles, day 4 - 8.75 miles, day 5 - 4.375 miles. Total travelled 135.625 miles so approx 4.375 miles away.

If therefore, Ty kept even the effort up of his fifth day he makes it on day 6. However, in common with him in life he’s started off well and believed he’d made it, so the performance has tailed off dramatically. 

That means the following (sticking to 3dp)

Day 6 he’s gone 2.187 miles - has 2.188 remaining (rounding distance travelled down in view of Tys reducing effort)

Day 7 he’s gone 1.094 miles - has the same left

Day 8 he’s gone 0.547 miles - has the same left

Day 9 he’s gone 0.273 miles - has 0.274 left

Day 10 he’s gone 0.137 miles - has the same left

So literally at the end of day 10 he just needs to raise enough of an effort to get from the equivalent of the exit of Grenville Smyth park to the ground. However, nobody thinks he’s doing that so the sad charade carries on into day 11 (0.069 left), day 12 (0.035 left), day 13 (0.018), day 14 (0.009), day 15 (0.005), day 16 (0.003), day 17 (0.002) and day 18 (0.001) until he finally arrives at day 19 and just as he is outside the gates is run over by a forum member who has turned up for his bi-annual **** over Barry Bannan.

4 Points.

A is right In imho but B is never, unfortunately.

On 18/07/2022 at 21:30, nickolas said:

Just incase SWFC read here, it will be a real shame to lose him. Great player. Great engine, eye for a pass and pops up with goals. 
More importantly they wont find a more hard working CM in the entire football league!!

:clapping: