IGNORED

Bakinson Joins Sheffield Wednesday - Official

GrahamC

14 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

just as he is outside the gates is run over by a forum member who has turned up for his bi-annual **** over Barry Bannan.

But to get there, he'd have first have to travel to Bakinson's starting position - but Bakinson would have moved forward in that time. So then he'd have to travel to Bakinson's new position - and he'd have moved forwards again.

He could never reach him, surely?

Him knocking on Dean Holden's door asking for the chance to be involved for the coming season, which in fairness to him he did seem to take at first, seems a long time ago.

Seen enough players come and go at our club, let alone others, for it to be clear that attitude and hard work get you further than talent alone. Probably true for many walks of life.

Dont feel like wishing him all the best but i do hope he learns from the last year or two.

And from our end...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bakinson-departs-city/

Tyreeq Bakinson has left City to join Sheffield Wednesday.

The midfielder has signed for the Owls for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old joined the Robins from Luton Town in 2017 and has made 54 appearances, scoring five goals.

During his spell in BS3 Bakinson had loans at Newport County, Plymouth Argyle and the second half of last season at Ipswich Town.

We would like to thank Tyreeq for his efforts for the club and wish him all the best for the future.

• Like 2

In one way a real shame, as Tyreeq has some ability, but he couldn’t harness that with the other stuff needed.

He could well be a star in Lg1 and we might say he’s one that got away.  But you have to make a stand for the collective good, and Nige did that.  Congrats for moving him on Mr Gould.  And @billywedlockif you are right in thinking that it’s scuppered MA’s plan, even better.

Good luck Tyreeq, I mean that, but also good work from City too.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Gazred said:

And from our end...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bakinson-departs-city/

Tyreeq Bakinson has left City to join Sheffield Wednesday.

The midfielder has signed for the Owls for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old joined the Robins from Luton Town in 2017 and has made 54 appearances, scoring five goals.

During his spell in BS3 Bakinson had loans at Newport County, Plymouth Argyle and the second half of last season at Ipswich Town.

We would like to thank Tyreeq for his efforts for the club and wish him all the best for the future.

Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to the fee?  When the fee is undisclosed, is it possible at a later date to gain access to the details through end of year published accounts etc?.  Or does it remain a dark secret?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In one way a real shame, as Tyreeq has some ability, but he couldn’t harness that with the other stuff needed.

He could well be a star in Lg1 and we might say he’s one that got away.  But you have to make a stand for the collective good, and Nige did that.  Congrats for moving him on Mr Gould.  And @billywedlockif you are right in thinking that it’s scuppered MA’s plan, even better.

Good luck Tyreeq, I mean that, but also good work from City too.

Shame it didn't work out but onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

Never been a fan of his & sure he probably hasn’t helped himself whilst here. So many people have jumped on the bandwagon about his attitude and don’t want him around young players etc but in reality he was very popular with players and was a good trainer so I’m told.  Played 70 mins in the 10-0 win v Brum when he could refuse as knew he was going, so wasn’t too negative that day on young team mates. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he’s gone as didn’t rate him but the pile on about his character has been harsh.  Sam Pearson getting the same treatment as banished to u23s and it happens in football and in life that sometimes you just don’t get along with someone.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to the fee?  When the fee is undisclosed, is it possible at a later date to gain access to the details through end of year published accounts etc?.  Or does it remain a dark secret?

Would guess around 200k with a sell on clause .

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

If we got a 6 figure fee, we've done well i reckon.

12 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Never been a fan of his & sure he probably hasn’t helped himself whilst here. So many people have jumped on the bandwagon about his attitude and don’t want him around young players etc but in reality he was very popular with players and was a good trainer so I’m told.  Played 70 mins in the 10-0 win v Brum when he could refuse as knew he was going, so wasn’t too negative that day on young team mates. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he’s gone as didn’t rate him but the pile on about his character has been harsh.  Sam Pearson getting the same treatment as banished to u23s and it happens in football and in life that sometimes you just don’t get along with someone.  

I think you've missed the point massively.

You can still be good at training and popular with the other players.

You get one in every workplace who can do the job and be popular with workmates.

However...it's the influence they have on other people that distracts them from doing their job well.

It only takes one person to be 'popular' for reasons that have nothing to do with football. Be it joker, talking about other interests, more interested in things away from football, that can have a really negative affect on a group of players. Distraction away from the job at hand.

Doesn't mean they aren't liked.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Really good move for him, I genuinely didn’t think he’d get a club of that size & an even better one for us, once it became obvious he had no future here.

With Palmer, O’Dowda & Bakinson all gone this summer we are doing very well on departures.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think you've missed the point massively.

You can still be good at training and popular with the other players.

You get one in every workplace who can do the job and be popular with workmates.

However...it's the influence they have on other people that distracts them from doing their job well.

It only takes one person to be 'popular' for reasons that have nothing to do with football. Be it joker, talking about other interests, more interested in things away from football, that can have a really negative affect on a group of players. Distraction away from the job at hand.

Doesn't mean they aren't liked.

I agree with that but are you sure it wasn’t just a case of his personality being too laid back and that rubbed Pearson up the wrong way? I don’t know Tyreeg personally and he may have been disruptive but that’s not what I’m told. Anyway, he’s gone now but my point is that a lot  happens behind closed doors  that we will never know about but people are quick to condemn 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I agree with that but are you sure it wasn’t just a case of his personality being too laid back and that rubbed Pearson up the wrong way? I don’t know Tyreeg personally and he may have been disruptive but that’s not what I’m told. Anyway, he’s gone now but my point is that a lot  happens behind closed doors  that we will never know about but people are quick to condemn 

He didn't fit with the focussed culture the club are trying to create. Given enough chances.

Best way to describe the scenario...likes being a footballer for all the trappings it can bring you, rather than playing football.

And those 'trappings' were a massive distraction.

Not just at the Club but away from it also.

If you have others around you that are easily led, it can fester.

• Like 1

So happy with this summer, with a bit of time left. Kane Wilson, Kal Naismith are great signings and Sykes and Bajic seem shrewd. All free. O’Dowda, Palmer, Bakinson off the books with maybe even small fees. 3 great kits. Well done City ?

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

So happy with this summer, with a bit of time left. Kane Wilson, Kal Naismith are great signings and Sykes and Bajic seem shrewd. All free. O’Dowda, Palmer, Bakinson off the books with maybe even small fees. 3 great kits. Well done City ?

Don’t forget Taylor Moore too who has effectively left (year loan) and had some of his wages paid so that’s another off the books 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

He didn't fit with the focussed culture the club are trying to create. Given enough chances.

Best way to describe the scenario...likes being a footballer for all the trappings it can bring you, rather than playing football.

And those 'trappings' were a massive distraction.

Not just at the Club but away from it also.

If you have others around you that are easily led, it can fester.

My outside view looking in is that he wasn’t a troublemaker per se, but just didn’t work hard enough to improve the things that Nige and the staff wanted.  That’s not just off the ball stuff (which most people jump on), but his decision making on it.  Sometimes playing the Hollywood pass isn’t the best option.  It’s alright saying he always plays forward, but if your pass success rate is one of the worst in the Championship, then you need to address it.  That’s where I think Nige was getting at.

image.thumb.jpeg.4675a3dd3ca39d44c94f8d41b9350570.jpeg

Those stats are pretty bad for what should be the bread and butter off his game, compared to his Championship peers

His creative passing has a better success rate compared to his peers, but they are still below average.

image.thumb.jpeg.943802b80f79950df4a31568c2fc21a5.jpeg

I don’t feel the stats lie here at all.  This is pretty much how I view his game.

Sometimes it is the easy option to play the killer pass and lose it, than keep hold of it under pressure and get fouled.  That is where Scott and Massengo’s game is so much more mature.  They care for the ball more (debate, discuss?) and would rather get a whack and a free-kick than turn over possession.  And before people moan that Han-Noah only makes 5 yard sideways passes, he really doesn’t.  Yes he makes a fair few, but he breaks the lines with passes too.

I did some analysis earlier this week, and it showed how much better Tyreeq’s passing stats were in Lg1.  Some of that is down to Ipswich’s style, but a lot will be because it’s far easier in the centre of a Lg1 midfield than the Champ.  The intelligence of forwards and midfielders in blocking passing lanes and pressing is miles superior to in Lg1.

Tyreeq should do well at Wednesday.  I’m looking forward to seeing if he can be Mr Hockey Assist for Barry Bannan.

FWIW, here is what Nige actually said:

4B55B90F-D0D0-4F16-BBB6-F6CDF635DB27.thumb.jpeg.09bdafcd0173d263f2d064a2e7762d6f.jpeg

D7E43DF3-0B22-4A0A-837F-01CBCE3AB6C6.thumb.jpeg.d2f6ebbf9c5498b9633e3f624a6c651e.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My outside view looking in is that he wasn’t a troublemaker per se, but just didn’t work hard enough to improve the things that Nige and the staff wanted.  That’s not just off the ball stuff (which most people jump on), but his decision making on it.  Sometimes playing the Hollywood pass isn’t the best option.  It’s alright saying he always plays forward, but if your pass success rate is one of the worst in the Championship, then you need to address it.  That’s where I think Nige was getting at.

image.thumb.jpeg.4675a3dd3ca39d44c94f8d41b9350570.jpeg

Those stats are pretty bad for what should be the bread and butter off his game, compared to his Championship peers

His creative passing has a better success rate compared to his peers, but they are still below average.

image.thumb.jpeg.943802b80f79950df4a31568c2fc21a5.jpeg

I don’t feel the stats lie here at all.  This is pretty much how I view his game.

Sometimes it is the easy option to play the killer pass and lose it, than keep hold of it under pressure and get fouled.  That is where Scott and Massengo’s game is so much more mature.  They care for the ball more (debate, discuss?) and would rather get a whack and a free-kick than turn over possession.  And before people moan that Han-Noah only makes 5 yard sideways passes, he really doesn’t.  Yes he makes a fair few, but he breaks the lines with passes too.

I did some analysis earlier this week, and it showed how much better Tyreeq’s passing stats were in Lg1.  Some of that is down to Ipswich’s style, but a lot will be because it’s far easier in the centre of a Lg1 midfield than the Champ.  The intelligence of forwards and midfielders in blocking passing lanes and pressing is miles superior to in Lg1.

Tyreeq should do well at Wednesday.  I’m looking forward to seeing if he can be Mr Hockey Assist for Barry Bannan.

FWIW, here is what Nige actually said:

4B55B90F-D0D0-4F16-BBB6-F6CDF635DB27.thumb.jpeg.09bdafcd0173d263f2d064a2e7762d6f.jpeg

D7E43DF3-0B22-4A0A-837F-01CBCE3AB6C6.thumb.jpeg.d2f6ebbf9c5498b9633e3f624a6c651e.jpeg

Teasingly Pried someone recently about what happened between Bakinson & our Nige. Was just promptly told Bakinson is ‘a total w⚓️r’ (without the creativity!) 

Have always held the view point that Nige seems a very fair and measured bloke. For someone to make him snap like that must’ve done something bad, and probably on 3/4/5 separate occasions after warning. 

Would also be surprised if the fee is anything other than a free transfer, or maybe something v minimal like £50k odd 

Edited by petehinton
  • Thanks 1