IGNORED

Bakinson Joins Sheffield Wednesday - Official

GrahamC

3 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

1) Anyone any idea how much the undisclosed fee is? And,

2) Does it mean Nige can bring in another?

We still have James, Williams, HNM, King, Scott all who play CM. I don't think we'd bring in another until we shift on HNM.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selred said:

We still have James, Williams, HNM, King, Scott all who play CM. I don't think we'd bring in another until we shift on HNM.

My bad, I meant does it give him £ to spend (not necessarily on a CM) or are we locking it down. 

I think you’re right though, we have enough cover in CM and Nige isn’t afraid to give academy players a chance. 

6 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

My bad, I meant does it give him £ to spend (not necessarily on a CM) or are we locking it down. 

I think you’re right though, we have enough cover in CM and Nige isn’t afraid to give academy players a chance. 

I bet we got very little in terms of £ for Bakinson. Not enough to be able to recruit anyone better than we currently have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, real_bristol said:

Looks like Josh Owers pre-season injury has cleared up, seeing as he played in the u23s the other night.  That’s one more…not forgetting Benarous.  He might be injured, but there’s a pathway (genuine pathway) to protect too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not that it matters much but reports coming out of Sheffield are that he signed an initial 2 year deal with Wednesday and that they paid a 5 figure sum. Don't know if any sell on clause involved. 

I hope for their sakes that there was a decimal point after the first three of those…

9 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not that it matters much but reports coming out of Sheffield are that he signed an initial 2 year deal with Wednesday and that they paid a 5 figure sum. Don't know if any sell on clause involved. 

I heard a rumour of “low 6 figures”.

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

£2 19s 6d. ?

Ask yer Grandad !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

£2 19s 6d. ?

Ask yer Grandad !

Don't need to ask grandad (even if I still had one living). I'm old enough to remember pounds, shillings and pence, quarts, pints and gills, stones, pounds and ounces etc, could do arithmetic in all measures, and even do long multiplication and long division showing all the workings. I even know how to convert Centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa, and in no version do you multiply/divide by 2 and add/subtract 30.

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Doesn’t that report actually say “5 figure sum” not “low 5 figures”?

Let’s say it was £75k, with how it could have possibly turned out I’d be pretty happy with that.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

You’re absolutely right. My apologies.

The length of Bakinson's contract was not disclosed at the time, but Yorkshire Live understands the midfielder has signed an initial two-year deal. It is also thought Wednesday have paid a five-figure sum to City to bring in Bakinson.

Very childish and petty, I know, but given that MAITFC had him on approval and, for whatever reason, returned him, I hope he stars when they play each other, preferably with a hat trick in the play offs.

Seriously, attitude aside, I always  rated him, and consider it a shame that, for whatever reason, he and NP didn’t see eye to eye.

• Like 1