IGNORED

Bakinson Joins Sheffield Wednesday - Official

GrahamC

18 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Don’t forget Taylor Moore too who has effectively left (year loan) and had some of his wages paid so that’s another off the books 

Cundy & Janneh too, both off the wage bill permanently.

Obviously some players might have had built in pay rises but from a distance it looks like the wage bill has been reduced.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My outside view looking in is that he wasn’t a troublemaker per se, but just didn’t work hard enough to improve the things that Nige and the staff wanted.  That’s not just off the ball stuff (which most people jump on), but his decision making on it.  Sometimes playing the Hollywood pass isn’t the best option.  It’s alright saying he always plays forward, but if your pass success rate is one of the worst in the Championship, then you need to address it.  That’s where I think Nige was getting at.

image.thumb.jpeg.4675a3dd3ca39d44c94f8d41b9350570.jpeg

Those stats are pretty bad for what should be the bread and butter off his game, compared to his Championship peers

His creative passing has a better success rate compared to his peers, but they are still below average.

image.thumb.jpeg.943802b80f79950df4a31568c2fc21a5.jpeg

I don’t feel the stats lie here at all.  This is pretty much how I view his game.

Sometimes it is the easy option to play the killer pass and lose it, than keep hold of it under pressure and get fouled.  That is where Scott and Massengo’s game is so much more mature.  They care for the ball more (debate, discuss?) and would rather get a whack and a free-kick than turn over possession.  And before people moan that Han-Noah only makes 5 yard sideways passes, he really doesn’t.  Yes he makes a fair few, but he breaks the lines with passes too.

I did some analysis earlier this week, and it showed how much better Tyreeq’s passing stats were in Lg1.  Some of that is down to Ipswich’s style, but a lot will be because it’s far easier in the centre of a Lg1 midfield than the Champ.  The intelligence of forwards and midfielders in blocking passing lanes and pressing is miles superior to in Lg1.

Tyreeq should do well at Wednesday.  I’m looking forward to seeing if he can be Mr Hockey Assist for Barry Bannan.

FWIW, here is what Nige actually said:

4B55B90F-D0D0-4F16-BBB6-F6CDF635DB27.thumb.jpeg.09bdafcd0173d263f2d064a2e7762d6f.jpeg

D7E43DF3-0B22-4A0A-837F-01CBCE3AB6C6.thumb.jpeg.d2f6ebbf9c5498b9633e3f624a6c651e.jpeg

Yes, there is probably some truth in that as well Dave...as in his ability as a footballer and what was expected of him.

But as I implied on another post, the likes of Taylor and Palmer obviously aren't/weren't in NGs plans, from a football perspective, but they were never banished from training with the first team.

Bakinson was mainly just a bad influence hence being banished and sold.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My outside view looking in is that he wasn’t a troublemaker per se, but just didn’t work hard enough to improve the things that Nige and the staff wanted

26 minutes ago, spudski said:

He didn't fit with the focussed culture the club are trying to create

That's it in a nutshell for me.

Challenged and taken out of his comfort zone, couldn't respond in the right manner. Now he's gone from promising Champ player to L1, albeit a good side. I think a future with us was still open to him at one point.

I'll be interested to what Owls fans think come next May or even Jan.

Undisclosed so very probably very little, if anything at all. It's probably very heavily based on future appearances, clauses, and maybe a sell-on. 

Quite clear we just wanted him out the door, so any club that was interested would be stupid to not push for a free transfer, unless of course there was interest from other parties.

Would say good luck, but he clearly didn't give a damn about the club so **** him. Least he's gone.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 4

Back in the 80s when I moved up here Bert Murray (ex Chelsea and Brum) was playing in our reserves even though into his 40s.

I remember him saying that even at our level there were plenty of players with more talent and ability than some league pros he played with. The reason many with lesser talent got on  and did well as pros was because they carried out instructions, worked hard and toed the line the manager laid down.

Perhaps it is the case that Bakinson has the talent and ability, but lacks in those other areas I e. application.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Bakinson Joins Sheffield Wednesday - Official
12 hours ago, Gazred said:

And from our end...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bakinson-departs-city/

Tyreeq Bakinson has left City to join Sheffield Wednesday.

The midfielder has signed for the Owls for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old joined the Robins from Luton Town in 2017 and has made 54 appearances, scoring five goals.

During his spell in BS3 Bakinson had loans at Newport County, Plymouth Argyle and the second half of last season at Ipswich Town.

We would like to thank Tyreeq for his efforts for the club and wish him all the best for the future.

I'd like to thank him for closing the door on his exit.

Good riddance to you sir.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, downendcity said:

Back in the 80s when I moved up here Bert Murray (ex Chelsea and Brum) was playing in our reserves even though into his 40s.

I remember him saying that even at our level there were plenty of players with more talent and ability than some league pros he played with. The reason many with lesser talent got on  and did well as pros was because they carried out instructions, worked hard and toed the line the manager laid down.

Perhaps it is the case that Bakinson has the talent and ability, but lacks in those other areas I e. application.

I’m first to admit I played at a higher level than my ability, purely because I was a workhorse and did what I was told.

Seen many players who could have made it higher in the game but were never willing to put the work in.

That said, there’s also a lot of players who sacrifice so much and if you don’t make it is it worth it? If you end up sat around national league north/south level you’re probably on contract, training 2-3 times a week and / or game day with certain expectations for less than an average salary so many work as well. It’s football but with hardly any of the “glamour”

• Like 1

16 hours ago, petehinton said:

Teasingly Pried someone recently about what happened between Bakinson & our Nige. Was just promptly told Bakinson is ‘a total w⚓️r’ (without the creativity!) 

Have always held the view point that Nige seems a very fair and measured bloke. For someone to make him snap like that must’ve done something bad, and probably on 3/4/5 separate occasions after warning. 

Would also be surprised if the fee is anything other than a free transfer, or maybe something v minimal like £50k odd 

100% it is an attitude issue and nothing else. Take Vyner who is struggling to come to terms with what it takes at Championship level. Hasn’t been made to train with the 23’s and still getting his fair whack of pre-season minutes despite being down the list of likely starters. Nobody can claim he’s been unfairly treated. That tells me enough about the lad’s attitude………..and everything about Bakinson’s too.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Yet another with talent bites the Ashton Gate dust! 

Talent isn’t enough to play at the top levels of the game though. At some point the kid has got to wake up. Why do Scott, Conway, Bell, Benarous and Towler get minutes despite the level being difficult for them at times yet this kid with a lot more experience than them gets canned? The proof of the pudding for me will be whether he starts 30+ times next season and is then established in the Wednesday midfield the season after……

To be a bit of a prima Donna and still get picked and tolerated by the staff you have to make some massive contribution to the team. Never saw that from Tyreeq tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MelksRed said:

Good, another wage thief gone.

Constantly employed an "economy of effort" policy whilst here.

No time for anyone who doesn't want to be here. 

Economy of effort, the nicest way to describe a lazy bas**rd I have ever heard :laugh:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I’m first to admit I played at a higher level than my ability, purely because I was a workhorse and did what I was told.

Amen brother Marcus…me too.  I was not a workhorse, but I was disciplined, focussed on the bits I could do and passed the ball as quickly as I could to those with the ability.  I knew my place / role within the team, I knew how to play with better players than me.

Seen many players who could have made it higher in the game but were never willing to put the work in.

So true, although I see professionalism, dedication as part of the whole package.  Maybe if those “skill-spot” players had worked on other parts of their game instead of tricks, including the mental side, they might’ve made it too.

That said, there’s also a lot of players who sacrifice so much and if you don’t make it is it worth it? If you end up sat around national league north/south level you’re probably on contract, training 2-3 times a week and / or game day with certain expectations for less than an average salary so many work as well. It’s football but with hardly any of the “glamour”

Yep, hence why when I played you had opponents getting £150-200 a game and a job, rather than on £400-500 p.w. as a pro in Lg2 or NL.