IGNORED

Bakinson Joins Sheffield Wednesday - Official

GrahamC

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I just find it funny that people can that get conceited and up themselves. It's pretty sad. I don't comment much these days. But if I do.. it's because I feel it's really worth sharing.

Yeah. Your “I hate a young player” post was really worth sharing. Complete muppet

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

I just find it funny that people can that get conceited and up themselves. It's pretty sad. I don't comment much these days. But if I do.. it's because I feel it's really worth sharing.

But you haven’t shared anything specific. I think that’s the point being made.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

But you haven’t shared anything specific. I think that’s the point being made.

I agree...I won't...for reasons worth keeping...so if people want to give grief, so be it. Just my opinion based on first hand. If they want to comment otherwise based on first hand, then go for it. 

Their arguments are based on comments given on Bristol post...nothing more. Might as well give up if that's the level 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree...I won't...for reasons worth keeping...so if people want to give grief, so be it. Just my opinion based on first hand. If they want to comment otherwise based on first hand, then go for it. 

Their arguments are based on comments given on Bristol post...nothing more. Might as well give up if that's the level 

Translation :

Totally full of shit

• Haha 1

Must admit I have never understood why someone would say they know something but won’t go into detail. It is either something you can share or not. Everything else seems like fishing to me. But I have my moments here too so maybe not the person to be preaching ?

Bakinson anyway, I was a fan of what he could be. The way he could get his head up and pick forward passes. There were glimpses of a competent screen in front of the defence at times with interception. He didn’t really like putting his body on the line though and think that meant fans would latch onto his mistakes more. All in all, not a loss for us when/if he goes but seems to be going down a wasted career path at the minute. Shame because he had a lot of the physical and technical attributes you would want in a footballer

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

As someone else said, palm him off on Joey.

The Fewers will think they have one over us and we get shot of a player who has occasional glimpses of quality in amongst a questionable desire to actually want to be a footballer.

Oh, I thought there was a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ where neither club would transfer a player ever again???

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Must admit I have never understood why someone would say they know something but won’t go into detail. It is either something you can share or not. Everything else seems like fishing to me. But I have my moments here too so maybe not the person to be preaching ?

I’ve been guilty of doing just that. The problem is some things you can share in a way that can’t lead back to you, or whoever told you.  When you add the detail it becomes more problematic. 

Not everyone is so candid when it comes desperately validating their posts on forums - I think the game War Thunder is now up to 3 instances of users sharing national secrets to prove a point they’re trying to make. 

• Like 1

Well I think its a real shame, always thought he had the making of a very good player and as good as anyone at the club moving the ball forward quickly and finding a pass, but there are elements of his game that needed to improve.

We as fans only get to see a small snippet of what goes on at the club and what players are really like or maybe hear the odd rumour or tell from someone we know at the club. 

NP, seemed to like Bakinson and had  a run in the team, but obviously a fallout and words exchanged before the loan must have been enough to mean no way back, or Bakinson not prepared to go back with his tail between his legs asking for forgiveness and a 2nd chance.

The nature of being a top sportsman means you need to be quite head strong and being young with pockets full of money and no doubt hangers on giving bad advice you can see how a career can go down the pan.

Bit like Palmer, for me this is not about lack of ability, but must be attitude and application, the same reason loans have not gone well, just have to hope these players wake up and realise how lucky they are to have a talent that allows them to earn multiple what most people will ever earn and playing football to do it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bpexile said:

That's the part that concerns me most of all in all this, the big boys & NP can sort him but its what damage he could do to a younger players attitude. Hopefully our "young uns" are above all that :pray:.

Yes,I feel your concern - although I'm sure if as suggested this individual is indeed a toxic little barsteward,,there is no way that he will be tolerated & am confident 'the club' shall find a way of getting him through the exit..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I’ve been guilty of doing just that. The problem is some things you can share in a way that can’t lead back to you, or whoever told you.  When you add the detail it becomes more problematic. 

The problem is that it comes across as a sort of schoolground "I know something and you don't and I'm not going to tell you". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Ipswich manager has apparently said they haven’t ruled out signing Bakinson. The deadline in their option hasn’t been reached.

Yes , their CEO was explaining how they are trawling different ponds , and things in the transfer window can change at any time ...... like a domino effect apparently

...... oh and he’s really busy

17 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

You have direct evidence of that, or it it based on hear say? To say you hate him is a bit strong

Why?

Next thing we know is some very offended person will feel the need to report this as some kind of "hate crime".

It's simply Spudski's opinion, which he's entitled to express, like everyone else on this forum.

You're entitled to disagree with him and explain why, but there's no need for personal insults.

Incidentally, I'm sure many on here have openly expressed their hatred for the Rovers. I don't think that's been widely condemned as being "a bit strong".

Bakinson is not worth arguing over.

Hopefully, he'll soon be gone and forgetten.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What drivel.

You saying you hate a player based on hearsay is what I quoted you on, and you have not answered that.

Hate is a strong world and easy to throw around and at the end of the day it’s a young lad you are talking about. Perhaps show a bit more respect.

The actual irony of this is superb.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, spudski said:

Not that I agree but I think triple T is saying that you are lying about your first hand stuff to cover for the hating Bakinson comment and also to show off by being all cryptic about insider knowledge. He likens you to a a schoolboy who makes outrageous claims:

"I can fly"

"Go on then"

"No, I don't feel like it at the moment"

Unfortunately the only way you can change his mind is by revealing in detail your reasons for hating Bakinson. I understand that you are not willing to do this, most likely for honourable reasons, so this one will remain a stalemate. 

10 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Not that I agree but I think triple T is saying that you are lying about your first hand stuff to cover for the hating Bakinson comment and also to show off by being all cryptic about insider knowledge. He likens you to a a schoolboy who makes outrageous claims:

"I can fly"

"Go on then"

"No, I don't feel like it at the moment"

Unfortunately the only way you can change his mind is by revealing in detail your reasons for hating Bakinson. I understand that you are not willing to do this, most likely for honourable reasons, so this one will remain a stalemate. 

I think that’s EasyJet you are referring to , rather than a schoolboy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He was a good player in the pandemic era in empty stadium but once fans where back and started to give home some stick for things like not running back and putty the effort in for the whole game he fell apart a bit, and never really lived up to his early promise, can't see anyone taking a punt on him unless we continue to pay all or most of his wage,

19 hours ago, spudski said:

But not all your opinions can be ‘based on first hand’, because you said something in an earlier post in this thread which I know to be untrue.  You may well have a source or sources, but then so might other people, so you only have to claim one thing to be true which is known by someone else to be untrue to undermine your credibility.

I assume there must be several posters who are genuinely ‘itk’ - that is through one to one contact with a member of staff at Bristol City - and I suspect most keep their knowledge to themselves, and rightly so.

• Like 3