IGNORED

Bakinson Joins Sheffield Wednesday - Official

GrahamC

7 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , their CEO was explaining how they are trawling different ponds , and things in the transfer window can change at any time ...... like a domino effect apparently

...... oh and he’s really busy

Yep, the rumours are that he's grooming himself for a sexual encounter ......................................(on himself!)

30 minutes ago, !james said:

Assuming their manager actually wants Bakinson, I'd imagine they have financial constraints that mean they can't take the option up. I'm hoping that they come back to renegotiate with us, 'cus let's face it his career is shot here, and we'll be doing ourselves a huge favor to get rid of in any financially prudent way we can.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Assuming their manager actually wants Bakinson, I'd imagine they have financial constraints that mean they can't take the option up. I'm hoping that they come back to renegotiate with us, 'cus let's face it his career is shot here, and we'll be doing ourselves a huge favor to get rid of in any financially prudent way we can.

Only my guess, but I reckon the option to buy was somewhere between £250k-500k.  I can see Ipswich declining to take that option up, but coming back with something lower, even free.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Only my guess, but I reckon the option to buy was somewhere between £250k-500k.  I can see Ipswich declining to take that option up, but coming back with something lower, even free.

My take too, reckon we were looking in the region of £350k & now will accept less than half of that.

Does seem a deal is not necessarily dead though.

I know it doesn’t suit the narrative of some of the previous posts but was told that Tyreeq is very popular with players and is a good trainer. He’s just very laid back which comes through in his performances.  Some times at work you can cross someone who you just don’t get on with due to a personality clash.

As @GrahamCwill confirm, I’m certainly not a fan but some of the shouts of attitude problems and a bad influence on those around him from what I’m told are wide of the mark.   Hopefully, Ipswich come back in for him.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

On 25/06/2022 at 09:03, Silvio Dante said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Ipswich hadn’t taken up the option price, but still intend to buy, and Ashton is playing our situation to try and get Ty for less. We’ve screwed ourselves over a bit here.

If you’d all listened to me on Saturday we wouldn’t have had three pages of arguing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shuffle said:

I know it doesn’t suit the narrative of some of the previous posts but was told that Tyreeq is very popular with players and is a good trainer. He’s just very laid back which comes through in his performances.  Some times at work you can cross someone who you just don’t get on with due to a personality clash.

As @GrahamCwill confirm, I’m certainly not a fan but some of the shouts of attitude problems and a bad influence on those around him from what I’m told are wide of the mark.   Hopefully, Ipswich come back in for him.

Well I am not in the know with anybody. But trust the judgement of NP. Clearly not happy to have him around the squad and cannot believe this is for no reason. But certainly do not wish him any ill. But if players don't buy in to what Pearson is trying to do then I would rather see them gone.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well I am not in the know with anybody. But trust the judgement of NP. Clearly not happy to have him around the squad and cannot believe this is for no reason. But certainly do not wish him any ill. But if players don't buy in to what Pearson is trying to do then I would rather see them gone.

Me too.  I’ve worked with people who are great fun, very likeable, but also lazy piss-takers too…and you find that out when the going gets tough and they don’t pull their weight when you’re on the same project.

• Like 3

On 27/06/2022 at 17:18, Silvio Dante said:

If you’d all listened to me on Saturday we wouldn’t have had three pages of arguing!

The option was entirely dependent on Bakinson's form 2nd half of the season.  If he'd nailed it and pushed Ipswich into the Play offs they'd have happily taken it up, but unsurprisingly he didn't nail it he did 'alright' so they are probably looking at other options and won't be paying the agreed fee.  They may come back with a lower offer though.

Frankly all I care about is that he's gone and we can use any fee and saved wages to get a player in who Pearson actually wants.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nugget said:

Any update on Bakinson? Can’t see that he was in Austria with the others. 

Well. We went on the U12s tour of the HPC last week. In the laundry room (where Scotty lives), in amongst the kit that was being used there were two shirts chucked in the corner, assumedly never to be used again. One was “Janneh 46”, the other….

3CD06B5F-5E67-432F-AA4A-21F90A27FFE7.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well. We went on the U12s tour of the HPC last week. In the laundry room (where Scotty lives), in amongst the kit that was being used there were two shirts chucked in the corner, assumedly never to be used again. One was “Janneh 46”, the other….

3CD06B5F-5E67-432F-AA4A-21F90A27FFE7.jpeg

That’s not his squad number that’s his price tag…in pence ?

• Haha 4

Good move for him, even better one for us.

Was told last week he had 2 clubs after him & the other was in the Championship, Wednesday are huge, so presume it was a Wigan, Blackpool or Rotherham type of side.

7 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

I am gutted to lose one of our young talents too. I am sure Sheff Wednesday are getting a bargain. 

Thing is, whilst Bakinson can obviously play, his career is clearly over here as long as Pearson remains the manager. He burned his bridges and then failed to do enough on loan in League One to get a move. I don't think it fair for me to speculate on his attitude as I don't know him or exactly what happened but ultimately it does neither him nor us any good for him to be kicking his heels in the under-23s so I think a move would be great news all round. 

• Like 2