IGNORED

“New Loyalty Scheme To Launch Later This Year”

Silvio Dante

A small moan.

The new third kit I think is great, and both my kids have asked for it. With personalisation, it’s the best part of £120 for shirts. That’s a lot of cash, but in prior seasons the blow is softened a bit by the club in effect offering cash back of 10% to STHs to use as a discount against future purchases.

The club know who the STH are from their databases, they don’t need to wait for the physical cards to be sent. However, we’re launching the kits, and in the immediate sales period we have no “loyalty scheme” (which I assume will work the same way as prior years) - which means that people who do buy the kit now effectively lose out.

Its not a huge thing but it’s a small example of something we could do better.

• Like 9

And made all the more ridiculous by the fact that we tend to sell out of gear quickly in popular sizes so you have the farce of a loyalty scheme that'll only really reward people only for buying leftovers with credit to buy even more leftovers.

Part of me thinks this is by design - not to sound too business like but from a yield perspective you're guaranteed sales at launch, you only need to reward when sales dip, and ideally you only reward with access to products that don't sell. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Do you have any credit left on your season card from last season?

My daughter went down there last Saturday to get me the black on black t-shirt for Father’s Day. 

She took her season card and asked about the usual discount, but nothing was available at the moment. He did put her supporter number in and found she had a couple of quid on there from purchases, so took that off the price. Not quite 10%, but something.

27 minutes ago, Old Rascal said:

Do you have any credit left on your season card from last season?

My daughter went down there last Saturday to get me the black on black t-shirt for Father’s Day. 

She took her season card and asked about the usual discount, but nothing was available at the moment. He did put her supporter number in and found she had a couple of quid on there from purchases, so took that off the price. Not quite 10%, but something.

Rewards balance was ended after the Hull game.

As for the £10 rewards start up I was rather looking forward to adding to my end of season mug collection.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

A small moan.

The new third kit I think is great, and both my kids have asked for it. With personalisation, it’s the best part of £120 for shirts. That’s a lot of cash, but in prior seasons the blow is softened a bit by the club in effect offering cash back of 10% to STHs to use as a discount against future purchases.

The club know who the STH are from their databases, they don’t need to wait for the physical cards to be sent. However, we’re launching the kits, and in the immediate sales period we have no “loyalty scheme” (which I assume will work the same way as prior years) - which means that people who do buy the kit now effectively lose out.

Its not a huge thing but it’s a small example of something we could do better.

One for Jerry and/or SCAT to share their understanding on, maybe?

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Rewards balance was ended after the Hull game.

As for the £10 rewards start up I was rather looking forward to adding to my end of season mug collection.

I thought it had finished, but they put in her supporter number and deducted £2 (I think) from the price of the t-shirt.

If not from the rewards balance, maybe there is a discretionary discount until the new scheme is out?

I went to the club shop a couple weekends ago and gave them my season ticket - they said I couldn't use last year's balance (which I hadn't touched) but if they put it in it would be on record and then any benefit could be claimed post the announcement of the new loyalty scheme.