IGNORED

Wade Elliott

GrahamC

Interesting appointment. 
Went to Cheltenham a fair few times under Duff. They were decent. But at the level they are they rely heavily on the loan market. 
Will be interesting to see how Wade recruits. He’ll have some decent contacts, but I also wonder if he might look at a few younger Prem/Champ cast-offs rather than play the loan market so much. 
I’ll be watching with great interest. 

• Like 1

In our promotion season v MK Dons at home. He gifted them a goal, within a minute he won the ball back and scored to make up for his mistake. That was a defining moment for me. MK Dons we’re still an outside threat but I knew after our captains redemption it was gonna be our season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Interesting appointment. 
Went to Cheltenham a fair few times under Duff. They were decent. But at the level they are they rely heavily on the loan market. 
Will be interesting to see how Wade recruits. He’ll have some decent contacts, but I also wonder if he might look at a few younger Prem/Champ cast-offs rather than play the loan market so much. 
I’ll be watching with great interest. 

Realistically staying up next season is a decent achievement as they’re minnows at that level.

That having been said, FGR, Morecambe, Burton & Accrington all aren’t exactly Sheffield Wednesday either & so they have a fighting chance if he recruits well because there is always one club (it was Gillingham last year) that unexpectedly struggles.

If Alfie May stays (not certain), their chances massively increase.

I’d hope one or two, like Max O’Leary (as they currently have no senior keeper), Sam Bell, Sam Pearson or even Taylor Moore with Will Boyle leaving them, might be on his radar.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Realistically staying up next season is a decent achievement as they’re minnows at that level.

That having been said, FGR, Morecambe, Burton & Accrington all aren’t exactly Sheffield Wednesday either & so they have a fighting chance if he recruits well because there is always one club (it was Gillingham last year) that unexpectedly struggles.

If Alfie May stays (not certain), their chances massively increase.

I’d hope one or two, like Max O’Leary (as they currently have no senior keeper), Sam Bell, Sam Pearson or even Taylor Moore with Will Boyle leaving them, might be on his radar.

Don’t forget they’ve lost Callum Wright and Mattie Pollock too, who, aside from May, were their best players last season. 
Keen to see how he recruits. Same with FGR too though, lost crucial players, new manager, what’s he gonna bring in. 
Fascinating stories ahead for both of these. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Don’t forget they’ve lost Callum Wright and Mattie Pollock too, who, aside from May, were their best players last season. 
Keen to see how he recruits. Same with FGR too though, lost crucial players, new manager, what’s he gonna bring in. 
Fascinating stories ahead for both of these. 

FGR have already started, haven’t they? A few in from the likes of Torquay & Rochdale.

Think one of them will survive, but doubt both will.

5 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Absolute model professional. I don't know about his tactical nous but if a player wants to learn how to handle the presssure of being a footballer, both on and off the pitch, they couldn't have a better role model. I wish him every success, especially against the other gloucestershire sides. 

Which are the other Gloucestershire sides? Forest Green Rovers ... and?

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

.....lives in Southville.... Seriously?

Yep, his kid goes to Ashton Gate school.

As for his departure, I might have this wrong but thought LJ got rid when he brought in Holden & Jamie Mac, no?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spudski said:

Didn't he leave under a bit of a cloud when he left here?

Offered a coaching role under Tins that was refused? 

When he was at FGR academy he did a very decent job imo

LJ replace him, with the cagey excuse of ‘Wade didn’t come through an academy so we need someone with that experience’

Ive always maintained LJ felt very threatened by him. Brilliant young coach. Loved by the fans and the staff. LJ was coming off the back of an awful season at the time, so imo felt Wade was a ready made successor to him in the building 

• Like 2