IGNORED

Burnley - Kompany interview

Davefevs

When he talked about the teams unity and togetherness and that is more important than talent, I couldn't help thinking of Bakinson and how one player can disrupt all that - not that I know anything about his situation other than what I've read, just a general observation about how important it is to get the right characters into the set up, player and staff alike.

The teams under Wilson, GJ, and SC, had that unity in bucket loads and were generally successful (although it could be argued that under DW the unity was fuelled by booze).

NP has banged on about it as well, I hope he can build that unity this season.

Impressive, he speaks so well in a way you can’t help but believe players will work for him.

Keep the bulk of the squad and I think Kompany will take them straight back up. 

I suspect a player like Brownhill will lost stay there for this season and back the project

He’s a smart, articulate guy who speaks 4 languages fluently & is about as far from the dim footballer stereotype as you can possibly get.

His Dad’s story, an immigrant from The Congo who went on to become the first ethnic minority Mayor to be elected in Belgium is pretty inspiring, too.

Seems clear he knows this isn’t a short term fix job, as despite parachute payments their financial position isn’t great & he’s managing expectations here.

Very interesting appointment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Wasn't he straight down the pub celebrating with family/fans after they first won the Prem? Probably one of the few oppositon managers I'd happily clap.

Donated all the monies from his testimonial to a local (Manchester) homeless charity

His father is Congolese and VK has also funded invested and got involved in schooling for poor children in Congo

• Like 2

Vincent Kompany has always spoken well to the press. He talks so much sense but in very casual manner and I’ve always liked his public image - he was a very decent CB as well but unfortunately prone to various injuries.

His experience working under Pep will enhance his inherent skill set and they’ll be really tough to beat. Cityat Turf Moor in September so Nige will know what to expect.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Seems clear he knows this isn’t a short term fix job, as despite parachute payments their financial position isn’t great & he’s managing expectations here.

Very interesting appointment.

Anyone know how he sets up his teams?

You would think if they play in a way that Man City approve of, Pep will be happy for players to go on loan to a manager he clearly rates as a person.